Cynoplus/cynomel Question

FitnessMike

I started taking Cynoplus 1/4th pill in the morning with a meal for few days, and it worsens my insomnia and causing muscle twitching. I presume its due to "sensitiveness to adrenaline" as dr Ray mentioned. Will this subside or shall I try to take Cynomel a few mg instead?.

HDD

I started taking Cynoplus 1/4th pill in the morning with a meal for few days, and it worsens my insomnia and causing muscle twitching. I presume its due to "sensitiveness to adrenaline" as dr Ray mentioned. Will this subside or shall I try to take Cynomel a few mg instead?.

You could try taking magnesium with the thyroid.

"a magnesium deficiency can cause exactly those symptoms because the thyroid makes your cells able to use magnesium and so take it up, but a big organ like your skeletal muscles and bones can take up so much from your blood that your brain and heart and such have trouble getting the magnesium they need to respond to the thyroid, and then you get an exaggerated stress and adrenalin reaction."

RAY PEAT: About 100mg at a time as you take the say 1-2 mcg of cytomel, or cynomel. 100mg will be plenty for the first 2 or 3 hours of responding to 1 or 2 micrograms.

Last edited:
OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

You could try taking magnesium with the thyroid.

"a magnesium deficiency can cause exactly those symptoms because the thyroid makes your cells able to use magnesium and so take it up, but a big organ like your skeletal muscles and bones can take up so much from your blood that your brain and heart and such have trouble getting the magnesium they need to respond to the thyroid, and then you get an exaggerated stress and adrenalin reaction."

RAY PEAT: About 100mg at a time as you take the say 1-2 mcg of cytomel, or cynomel. 100mg will be plenty for the first 2 or 3 hours of responding to 1 or 2 micrograms.
Thanks mate, will try for sure

HUF

I'd always suggest fixing everything you can with diet first as taking thyroid properly can be very tricky and can often make things worse through exacerbation / creation of deficiencies. Also have to make sure your nutritionally meeting the increased metabolic demands from food that thyroid or any supplement for that matter can create. Stay well good luck with it all

Kvothe

It's very important to address what seems to be the underlying cause of hypothyroidism for most people - it's not the thyroid, it's the liver and deiodination. Always split a given amount into at least three doses, and possibly add some pure T3 to increase the ratio of t3:t4. This way, you will get a continuous supply of t3, which will allow its' concentration in the blood to increase and stabilize at a higher level. If you only take one dose, the liver is likely to inactivate a big part of the exogenous T3 and you will end up with a lower serum concentration than before. The T4 will also suppress the small amount of T3 that the thyroid is producing, because the T4 will suppress TSH. This way, you will end up with a higher (worse) ratio of T4:T3 and significantly increased rT3.

OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

It's very important to address what seems to be the underlying cause of hypothyroidism for most people - it's not the thyroid, it's the liver and deiodination. Always split a given amount into at least three doses, and possibly add some pure T3 to increase the ratio of t3:t4. This way, you will get a continuous supply of t3, which will allow its' concentration in the blood to increase and stabilize at a higher level. If you only take one dose, the liver is likely to inactivate a big part of the exogenous T3 and you will end up with a lower serum concentration than before. The T4 will also suppress the small amount of T3 that the thyroid is producing, because the T4 will suppress TSH. This way, you will end up with a higher (worse) ratio of T4:T3 and significantly increased rT3.
Thanks for your reply. It started with chronic stress (fasting, heaby lifting, calorie deficit etc), and insomnia followed afterward and only recently after over 2 years i discovered that its hypothyroidism, i was fooled by "normal" ranges of TSH i have had whenever i did a blood test. So chronic stress was the culprit but ongoing unresolved insomnia never allowed me to heal. I only take 40mg of NDT for now as in this link Customer Reviews - iHerb . It would be hard to split but i could probably work it out with my baby scale. I was planning to add little pieces of T3 after this added restlessness to my already wrecked sleep subsides. I admit i got elevated liver enzymes and im working on it by reducing fat greatly and avoiding fructose which seems to help as digesting problems (especially fats) and burping after a meal with fat, I don't think liver is the culprit as it only started a few months ago roughly. Last night I used progesterone cream and loads of magnesium spray and it helped a bit. But it was clear to me that thyroid somehow can stimulate adrenaline response as my muscles after cynoplus started to twitch often in same areas, i had it a bit after NDT too but seem subside after few days.

Matt C

Great info buddy. I'm taking Tiromel because my Rt3 is high along with cortisol. This is my second run on Tiromel and the last time wasn't effective but I actually have cytomel coming in the mail.

I'm taking milk thistle to assist liver conversion. I eat oysters, liver, other meats and low pufa but my temp usually only reaches 36.7 c. Can't figure out what is the underlying cause but I have all the markers for low thyroid: High cortisol, high cholesterol, previously low ferritin, previosly low vit d, high rT3...

But i think you're right, taking t4 would be dangerous for someone like me cause i would just create more rT3. Can't wait to give this cytomel a go.

Do you have any other tips to help the uptake of T3?

Kvothe

Do you have any other tips to help the uptake of T3?

Nothing in particular. Like I said, I think the most important thing is to take the t3 regularly, several times throughout the day to stabilize serum levels. In my experience, the liver quickly gets used to significantly higher levels, if there is continuous supplementation of exogenous t3. All the studies I have seen indicate that taking several doses instead of a one time daily regimen makes all the difference.

Metabolic effects of liothyronine therapy in hypothyroidism: a randomized, double-blind, crossover trial of liothyronine versus levothyroxine - PubMed
Effects of experimentally induced mild hyperthyroidism on growth hormone and insulin secretion and sex steroid levels in healthy young men - PubMed

upload_2020-8-18_2-29-46.png

Matt C

Nothing in particular. Like I said, I think the most important thing is to take the t3 regularly, several times throughout the day to stabilize serum levels. In my experience, the liver quickly gets used to significantly higher levels, if there is continuous supplementation of exogenous t3. All the studies I have seen indicate that taking several doses instead of a one time daily regimen makes all the difference.

Metabolic effects of liothyronine therapy in hypothyroidism: a randomized, double-blind, crossover trial of liothyronine versus levothyroxine - PubMed
Effects of experimentally induced mild hyperthyroidism on growth hormone and insulin secretion and sex steroid levels in healthy young men - PubMed

View attachment 18996

Yep i've read about the Wilson method and since then i've split 25mcg into 4 doses i take at the same times throughout the day. Shame it's not easy to get sustained release T3 where I am. I think i will increase the dosage each week.

Last edited:
OP
FitnessMike

FitnessMike

I am also planing adding small t3 dosages, starting with 1 time, and see how my body will react, but seems that extra magnesium helped with adrenaline response from starting supplementing thyroid, magnesium oils is amazing, it instantly makes me sleepy which would indicate that it quickly lower stress.

Do you guys know how to help frequent urination caused by hypothyroidism?, ray and podcasts said that its from gut inflammation which cause bladder inflammation and thus frequent urination, he also mentioned in another podcast its due to estrogen if im correct. I remember sometimes i managed to stop frequent urination at night with progesterone cream, but then a little mistake and it comes back.

Also, if I got elevated liver enzymes and slowed digestion as a result, will my conversion t4->t3 suffer?

Sefton10

I am also planing adding small t3 dosages, starting with 1 time, and see how my body will react, but seems that extra magnesium helped with adrenaline response from starting supplementing thyroid, magnesium oils is amazing, it instantly makes me sleepy which would indicate that it quickly lower stress.

Do you guys know how to help frequent urination caused by hypothyroidism?, ray and podcasts said that its from gut inflammation which cause bladder inflammation and thus frequent urination, he also mentioned in another podcast its due to estrogen if im correct. I remember sometimes i managed to stop frequent urination at night with progesterone cream, but then a little mistake and it comes back.

Also, if I got elevated liver enzymes and slowed digestion as a result, will my conversion t4->t3 suffer?
How's this going for you?

RPDiciple

View attachment 18996
Hello Man
I was wondering how do you split up the Tyronene dosage so that you get 2mcg each time? can you say just tae 1 drop which is 8mcg and drop it in 4 dl water and drink 1 dl water each time and you will get 2mcg each time? or does it not dissolve in water?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals