Cynomel T3

OP
I

iLoveSugar

RP has acknowledged to me in the past that some people have needed larger doses.

4peatssake

iLoveSugar said:
RP has acknowledged to me in the past that some people have needed larger doses.
Yes, of course, particularly for those who don't have a working thyroid due to illness etc.
Here's a description of Broda Barnes' suggested treatment. Mind you he advocated NDT over synthetic drugs.
But in both instances Barnes and Peat recommend to start slow and build up to your proper dosage. Too much and you risk of putting yourself into a hyperthryoid state and that's way worse than hypo and hypo sucks. But thyroid supplementation isn't something to mess around with or guess what dose you think you need, imo.

Treatment of Hypothyroidism with Natural Thyroid Extract:

Once the diagnosis is made based on history, physical examination and the low basal body temperatures, the next step is a therapeutic trial of thyroid hormone. Dr. Broda Barnes preferred to use a natural thyroid extract such as Armour Desiccated Thyroid Hormone rather than the more widely used synthetic thyroid medication. Dosage is started low and gradually increased every month while monitoring symptoms, basal temperature and pulse rate. Dosage is increased while watching for signs of thyroid excess such as nervousness, difficulty sleeping, rapid pulse etc. Should signs of excess appear, then the thyroid medication is reduced. Such a trial of thyroid is inexpensive and safe for most patients. Many doctors mistakenly believe that once thyroid medication is started, that patients must continue for life. According to Dr. Barnes, this is incorrect, and there are times when a patient may be weaned off their thyroid medication with return of thyroid function.

The key is to monitor symptoms as you begin to take it. I know of so many people who have expected to see immediate results when that is not what occurs. It takes time for your body to adjust, it's not like taking an aspirin for a headache. I started with cynoplus and cynomel and it was 6 weeks before I felt better and wow, did I feel better. It was like night and day. I'd had over 50 years of untreated hypothyroidism but it wasn't until a life changing major stress event combined with the hormonal changes of aging that literally sunk me into debilitating hypo hell.

BTW, I take NDT now - 2 grains a day. ;)

YuraCZ

My thyroid is completely ****88 due to hashimoto's. I don't have any thyroid basically.. Here in CZ is impossible find/buy NDT. I'm so happy that doc gave me T3. Here is T3 prescription really rare...

4peatssake

Have you checked with Pimpom Products?

According to their website:
At the moment we cannot ship Thyroid-S, Thiroyd and TR Tman to: Philippines, Saudi Arabia, New Zealand, Peru, Denmark, Bulgaria and Germany!
Nonetheless, I still maintain that it's important to get up to higher dosages monitoring symptoms regardless of whether you take synthetic or dessicated thyroid.

It can be a slow and arduous process but worth it to hit your correct target and not cause yourself further problems. I know for myself, when I go over 2 grains I begin to get unpleasant symptoms and have to back off. It can be a Catch 22 needing to resolve other issues in order to take more thyroid but the low thyroid function is the root cause of the other problems. :?

I understand and appreciate your frustration.

Best of luck to you.

tara

I reckon HDD and 4peatssake are talking good sense. Safer to increase T4 slowly, and use small frequent doses of T3. From reading many reports here, it seems less risky to increase slowly, rather than have to adjust dose down after taking too much and the body having to defend itself from that.

XPlus

Speaking of meds. You either forgot to take yours today or mistaken this forum for your nuthouse's facebook page.

XPlus

Apolonia said:
How old are you, 13? Sorry, I was writing this for grown up people, non of this was for attention of children or those who are unfortunately retarded and can't understand it.
I'm as old as my haircut

bobbybobbob

tara said:
use small frequent doses of T3.

Does the thyroid hormone in a T3 tablet dissolve entirely and evenly in fluid? I'm thinking about throwing a portion of a pill in a thermos of hot coffee and then having a half cup of that every now and then throughout the day. Would that not work? I assume the T3 is water soluble and the cytomel pill itself is probably cellulose or something else inert like with aspirin?

I don't take any of these drugs regularly but by experimentation I have found I can "feel" when a third of a cytomel pill spread out over the day will fix me up. Occasionally I might need to do it a couple days running.

The problem is, it's almost impossible to properly separate microdoses of the stuff from divided tablets. The physical quantities are just too small. When I have accidentally take too much (like a quarter tablet all at once) that definitely feels unpleasant. Sipping a liquid would make it all a lot easier.

This internet drug stuff is a pain. Has anyone tried making fish head soup? Hell, it might be simpler to just trap some pigeons and squirrels and eat their thyroids.

answersfound

bobbybobbob said:
post 119043
tara said:
use small frequent doses of T3.

Does the thyroid hormone in a T3 tablet dissolve entirely and evenly in fluid? I'm thinking about throwing a portion of a pill in a thermos of hot coffee and then having a half cup of that every now and then throughout the day. Would that not work? I assume the T3 is water soluble and the cytomel pill itself is probably cellulose or something else inert like with aspirin?

I don't take any of these drugs regularly but by experimentation I have found I can "feel" when a third of a cytomel pill spread out over the day will fix me up. Occasionally I might need to do it a couple days running.

The problem is, it's almost impossible to properly separate microdoses of the stuff from divided tablets. The physical quantities are just too small. When I have accidentally take too much (like a quarter tablet all at once) that definitely feels unpleasant. Sipping a liquid would make it all a lot easier.

This internet drug stuff is a pain. Has anyone tried making fish head soup? Hell, it might be simpler to just trap some pigeons and squirrels and eat their thyroids.

Just drink coffee...it does the same thing as t3

Last edited by a moderator:

bobbybobbob

answersfound said:

No it doesn't. I have always drank four or five cups of coffee daily since forever. Rather small, intermittent doses of T3 clearly have a big effect on me that coffee doesn't, when I feel the need.

I think I'm going to see about a fish head soup. I know my grandfather loved the stuff. It's super easy to buy whole fresh trout.

tara

bobbybobbob said:
post 119054
answersfound said:

No it doesn't. I have always drank four or five cups of coffee daily since forever. Rather small, intermittent doses of T3 clearly have a big effect on me that coffee doesn't, when I feel the need.

I think I'm going to see about a fish head soup. I know my grandfather loved the stuff. It's super easy to buy whole fresh trout.

I agree coffee does not always do the same thing as T3.

I've been drinking a little chicken neck stock daily for many months. I think it makes a difference.

I don't know if T3 dssolves in water. I had a notion Peat may have said it is more lipophilic, but I'm not sure. Not sure what that means about eg skimming the fat and scum off the stock, which I usually do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jsaute21

I would be curious to hear various peoples dosing strategies with cynomel. Do most do best with one dose with breakfast, or several small doses with meals throughout the day? I have done plenty of research on the topic but am curious to see folks on here's experience.

Last edited: