Cynomel May Not Be Coming Back?

HealthUnlocked | The social network for health

According to the discussions in this thread, it may not be a matter of months before we see Cynomel return.
I don't know how verifiable any of those speculations are, but it doesn't sound good indeed. Why would they be out of commision for a year now ?

Anyway, this is bull****. Cynomel was one of the only thyroid medications to actually give me a pulse & temp increase within 20-30 minutes of taking it. The NDT I tried so far doesn't. Cynomel kicked ****, it was fast acting & direct.

There really is a big big hole in the synthetic T3 market right now. All the other products (Triyotex, Tiromel, etc.) seem pretty garbage. I doubt cynoplus is coming back either.

The only legit alternative seems to be Novothyral which is available in Europe. But if you're looking for a good T3 only product, you're probably out of luck. I guess using one of the combination medications would be good, I just find it dumb to pay for T4 since my health insurance gives me free T4 already.

I wish it was legal for us to manufacture this on our own.

EDIT: Sorry I seem to have missed the thread placement. Could a mod move this to the Synthetic thyroid section? Thanks

jaguar43

According to the discussions in this thread, it may not be a matter of months before we see Cynomel return.
I don't know how verifiable any of those speculations are, but it doesn't sound good indeed. Why would they be out of commision for a year now ?

Anyway, this is bull****. Cynomel was one of the only thyroid medications to actually give me a pulse & temp increase within 20-30 minutes of taking it. The NDT I tried so far doesn't. Cynomel kicked ****, it was fast acting & direct.

There really is a big big hole in the synthetic T3 market right now. All the other products (Triyotex, Tiromel, etc.) seem pretty garbage. I doubt cynoplus is coming back either.

The only legit alternative seems to be Novothyral which is available in Europe. But if you're looking for a good T3 only product, you're probably out of luck. I guess using one of the combination medications would be good, I just find it dumb to pay for T4 since my health insurance gives me free T4 already.

EDIT: Sorry I seem to have missed the thread placement. Could a mod move this to the Synthetic thyroid section? Thanks

I called Grossman in January of this year and they said that it may be back in March ( I actually been calling them throughout 2015). But I seriously doubt it. I was also reading Spanish websites regarding Cynomel. There is a website in Colombia who sells Grossman and have been promoting the tiromel brand. Interestingly I also read a yahoo answer regarding Cynomel (grossman brand). The person said that in 2008-2009 that cynomel was out for two years and was asking if it will return.

It's also important to realize that Grossman is owned by Valeant a pharma company in canada. If you look on their website, it seems like grossman is producing other medications for kids and such. So it really doesn't make much sense.

http://www.valeant.com.mx/productos/libre-venta-otc/grossman/

Someone in Canada should call Valeant. If Grossman is a subsidiary then going to the plant in Mexico isn't much help. It's also possible that Grossman can not legally talk about their products because they are not the owners of the Grossman. I think that would be the next best option.

goodandevil

It probably will come down to having to buy it on the street someday. A repotedly very potent german brand: berlin chemie. Havent tried them.

Vanced

I really want to believe that Grossman Cynomel is going to come back but after all these delays I'm not counting on it. I have been on a crusade to try and find a comparable T3, so far nothing has been as good as Cynomel and I have tried a lot of them. I have some blue sky peptide T3 and some Novotiral on the way to try soon. If those are no good then I'll try to source Pfizer Cytomel to try.

I really don't understand what is so different with the Grossman product that makes it that much more effective? Why are other companies not able to make a comparable product?

I agree with you that there is a huge gap in the T3 market, with a lot of money to be made for someone who can make a decent product!

The other option I have been looking at is purchasing the raw t3 powder from China, although that obviously comes with its own quality risks and is a bit of a gamble. You also need a way to properly measure micro grams.

Anyway, I hope Grossman do return, but I won't give up trying to find a good T3 source.

Vanced

It probably will come down to having to buy it on the street someday. A repotedly very potent german brand: berlin chemie. Havent tried them.

I have also heard good things about this brand but have been unable to find a source for it, have you?

jaguar43

I really want to believe that Grossman Cynomel is going to come back but after all these delays I'm not counting on it. I have been on a crusade to try and find a comparable T3, so far nothing has been as good as Cynomel and I have tried a lot of them. I have some blue sky peptide T3 and some Novotiral on the way to try soon. If those are no good then I'll try to source Pfizer Cytomel to try.

I really don't understand what is so different with the Grossman product that makes it that much more effective? Why are other companies not able to make a comparable product?

I agree with you that there is a huge gap in the T3 market, with a lot of money to be made for someone who can make a decent product!
't
The other option I have been looking at is purchasing the raw t3 powder from China, although that obviously comes with its own quality risks and is a bit of a gamble. You also need a way to properly measure micro grams.

Anyway, I hope Grossman do return, but I won't give up trying to find a good T3 source.

There isn't any natural T3 product, in the sense of biologically created, but the activity of T3 is so great that the effective dose, of a few micrograms, couldn't introduce a significant amount of industrial junk; the excipients are the main concern, and whether the people making the tablets understand what they are doing. Cytomel and Cynomel, so far, have been very well made, and there isn't any other T3 product that I trust.

-Ray Peat

Peatarian.com Email Exchanges - Ray Peat Forum Wiki

It would be interesting to see if companies could reproduce cynomel. But I heard that Grossman doesn't even give out their ingredients too people.

papaya

i read that cynomel will be back in september. my guess is that it will be a new formulation & not as effective as it apparently was in the past. btw, has anyone ever ordered the powdered t4 for horses?

jaguar43

i read that cynomel will be back in september. my guess is that it will be a new formulation & not as effective as it apparently was in the past. btw, has anyone ever ordered the powdered t4 for horses?

How do you know it won't be as effective ?

papaya

i don't, it's just a guess. i read a while back that the issue was an undeclared ingredient. y r they trying to reformulate something that apparently worked so perfectly? i have never used it but was hoping to try it.

Vanced

I think I may have found a suitable replacement, perhaps even improvement on Cynomel.

I have been taking Thylexan made by Adinovoc for the past three weeks or so, I wanted to give it a fair trial before mentioning it on here.

Same dosage of 25mcg however I am feeling a lot better, warmer and seemed to have dropped some water and fat already with no other changes. I switched straight from Cynomel to Thylexan.

You can order it from a place called RxCart, I'm in the UK and its next day delivery! Not sure about other countries.

jaguar43

I think I may have found a suitable replacement, perhaps even improvement on Cynomel.

I have been taking Thylexan made by Adinovoc for the past three weeks or so, I wanted to give it a fair trial before mentioning it on here.

Same dosage of 25mcg however I am feeling a lot better, warmer and seemed to have dropped some water and fat already with no other changes. I switched straight from Cynomel to Thylexan.

You can order it from a place called RxCart, I'm in the UK and its next day delivery! Not sure about other countries.

Thanks for the source.

How are the excipients ? Can you listed the ingredients by chance.

ZuQiuAi19

New poster, long time follower.

Thank you for the tip on Thylexan. I am ordering from the site you suggested ... I'll follow up with information on ordering (expediency into the US, as well as success with the medication after a couple weeks).

I have used Pfizer Cytomel for the past 9 months or so, after my Cynomel ran out, and all I can say is it is worthless. I am back to square 1, having lost pretty much every benefit I gained from Cynomel. I am up 20 lbs, and feel awful in general. Unfortunately I am T4 insensitive and taking up to 300mcg does very little for me (in addition to being reactive to Synthroid excipients). T3 was a lifesaver, and having tried a variety of different brands (whatever I can get here in the US), nothing has worked even marginally as well as Cynomel. So disappointing. At this point I am willing to try anything.

I have not tried Blue Sky. Any other suggestions? Novotiral wasn't very effective for me, unfortunately.

I am moving to China in a couple months for work. If I can find a good/safe alternative there (or access to a good/safe Indian manufactured alternative), I will certainly pass it along.

jaguar43

New poster, long time follower.

Thank you for the tip on Thylexan. I am ordering from the site you suggested ... I'll follow up with information on ordering (expediency into the US, as well as success with the medication after a couple weeks).

I have used Pfizer Cytomel for the past 9 months or so, after my Cynomel ran out, and all I can say is it is worthless. I am back to square 1, having lost pretty much every benefit I gained from Cynomel. I am up 20 lbs, and feel awful in general. Unfortunately I am T4 insensitive and taking up to 300mcg does very little for me (in addition to being reactive to Synthroid excipients). T3 was a lifesaver, and having tried a variety of different brands (whatever I can get here in the US), nothing has worked even marginally as well as Cynomel. So disappointing. At this point I am willing to try anything.

I have not tried Blue Sky. Any other suggestions? Novotiral wasn't very effective for me, unfortunately.

I am moving to China in a couple months for work. If I can find a good/safe alternative there (or access to a good/safe Indian manufactured alternative), I will certainly pass it along.

I have been trying Thylexan for a few days and it seems to be ok. The bottle is really small and the pills are small as well. The only issue is that it may have some bad excipients. Blue Sky Peptide is pretty good, but the issue is the DMSO which leaves me smelling like garlic.

I actually was able to call Grossman in Mexico about two weeks ago. This time they said that it would be available by December. But the associate said she believes it would be sooner than that. I think valeant pharmaceuticals has been having issues regarding there finances. And Since Grossman is a subsidiary of Valeant it isn't irrational to believe there is a connection.

ZuQiuAi19

Thank you both. I will order some Blue Sky.

Perhaps this is a silly question, but can you give me advice on how to dose it and the best way to take it? I could Google it, but I would appreciate advice from those who take it. Talking to my doc, I'll need to get back on a short regiment of a high T3 dose (25mcg, 3x/day for 2 weeks or so) to get back on track. And then I'll drop to 25mcg twice a day.

If I remember correctly, summer of last year Grossman was promising they would be back up and running December of 2015 :-(

M

marikay

Thank you both. I will order some Blue Sky.

Perhaps this is a silly question, but can you give me advice on how to dose it and the best way to take it? I could Google it, but I would appreciate advice from those who take it. Talking to my doc, I'll need to get back on a short regiment of a high T3 dose (25mcg, 3x/day for 2 weeks or so) to get back on track. And then I'll drop to 25mcg twice a day.

If I remember correctly, summer of last year Grossman was promising they would be back up and running December of 2015 :-(

the blue sky t3 comes in a bottle with a dropper. I have been taking it to supplement the Novotiral in order to get close to what cynoplus from Grossman has. After much experimentation (which I posted on this site somewhere) I have concluded that two drops of blue sky t3 (shaken before using) equal about 5mcgs of t3. One fourth a tablet of Cynomel equals just over 6mcgs of t3. So two drops with food should get you close to the cynomel dose. I put the two drops in OJ or milk and eat some food with it. Every four hours or so works well for me. I would take just the blue sky t3 except that Ray has suggested some t4 in the Novotiral is good to take, so I use both.

Risingfire

I've been a long time stalker and contributed nil on this forum. I decided now was the ideal time.

RXMEXICOONLINE says they will have cytomel on Saturday 5/14.

I also spoke with a representative from antiaging-hormones and they said t3 pro was in stock. The website says it's out of stock. I'm awaiting a message back from the rep. Hopefully, it will be up soon.

Vanced

I have to say, I thought I was feeling good on synthroid + thylexan, having recently switched to Novotiral I feel so much better. It amazing how I didn't realise how much of a brain fog I was in before! The t3 in novotiral feels a lot more potent to be honest, just like cynomel.

Vanced

I take back what I said, 2 weeks later feeling tired all the time, puffy face, hair dry etc taking Novotiral. Its funny how I always fall into the same trap raving about it when first starting a new medication before it starts to fall apart!

I'm going back to thylexan + some other T4 other than Synthroid as I have been reading Synthroid has a type of iodine added called povidone - I'm thinking this may have been causing me issues.

The sooner cynoplus/cynomel comes back the better.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals