Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome And Histamine

joepotter

My wife is suffering from cyclic vomiting syndrome where it begins with a feeling of congestion in her sinus area and then she gets worse all day to the point she vomits everything for about 2 days. This seems to come every other month but sometimes it comes every month. Sometimes we think it is completely caused by environmental toxins, and sometimes we can't find a culprit. She is 64.

She has found that Claritin D will reduce the symptoms if she can take one before the vomiting starts. Since this is an anti-histamine drug, I suspect she has a problem with histamine --- but I don't know. I do know that she and her mother where both very sensitive to cleaning products and other environmental conditions.

Question: how can she reduce the histamine in her system? Note: she does not follow Ray Peat or his diet advise. She eats a Lot of sandwiches from take out places but otherwise she does not eat a lot of the bad fats and oils. (other than the fact restaurants use the cheap seed oils)

Any advise would be highly appreciated.

alywest

Hi joepotter, I would highly recommend checking out the website forefronthealth.com by Tom Brimeyer. His advice, based a lot on the work of Ray Peat would be extremely helpful for you and your wife, I'm sure. I suffered with a lot of the same symptoms as your wife and although I am premenopausal, apparently symptoms of the menstrual cycle can last long after menopause has occurred. This definitely sounds like histamine overload which is also connected to estrogen dominance (estrogen can still be produced by the body after menopause due to certain enzymes in the body and the proliferation of phytoestrogens in our environment and food), serotonin, tryptophan and thyroid suppression. It all goes hand in hand and the website explains it in full detail, including diet plans and how to get the thyroid back up and running again. All of these things are connected. I will say that Benedryl is apparently the only safe antihistamine according to Brimeyer and I have been using it with my period symptoms, as well as aspirin. For the sinus headaches I have also found the neilmed brand sinus rinses (with premeasured packets to mix with either boiled filtered water or storebought distilled water only!!!) really help get relief in the short run as well as the anti inflammatory effects of the aspirin. Brimeyer mentions aspirin a few times but I would look at Ray Peat and this forum's advice on aspirin dosages and the fact that you can safely take it daily especially if you are also taking K2 and dissolving the tablets in warm water at which point the aspirin tastes like diluted lemon juice, not unpleasant at all imo. Also, a homemade light therapy lamp is recommended on forefronthealth with instructions on how to build it and links to the actual lamp and bulbs required (total cost of about $20). I wish I could have helped you sooner, but I just learned about this stuff recently with amazing results so far. I will say the thyroid supplements in t3 only form (ie. cytomel) have been very important in helping me build up my thyroid levels, as well as bag breathing for a few minutes several times a day to recirculate C02. I'm so sorry your wife has been suffering so because I have experienced it myself and it is truly intolerable and crippling pain. Good luck!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals