Cuts/bruises/wounds ?

Ali

Wanted to get some Peaty insights into dealing with cuts/bruises/wounds and the ensuing potential scarring that comes after, especially if bleeding was present prior. How do you guys approach this from a nutritional + manual care perspective ??

Any input is appreciated..

Thank You!

achillea

I recently cut my thumb on a table saw. It was about 3/16 wide and went from one side of the thumb to the other on the print side. Very sensitive. I tried some Pharmacy antibiotic cream after cleaning it good. I changed the dressing every day and my thumb started to smell like rotting flesh. I could put my arm to my side and still smell it. It smelled so bad it woke me at night.
So I gave up on the salve and covered the cut in Manuka raw honey which I remembered Dr Peat referring to, not Manuka specifically but to honey or sugar.. Within 20 seconds the smell disappeared and after repeated daily dressings, the wound is almost gone after 2 weeks.
Now to ameliorate the potential scar, I am putting hyaluronic acid on it and just a little honey.

Amazoniac

- The science of licking your wounds: Function of oxidants in the innate immune system
Abstract said:
Animals often lick their wounds to promote healing. Saliva is thought to have healing properties due to it containing many agents that have antimicrobial properties. A number of these components make up the innate immune system’s oxidant generating network. One of these components is the saliva peroxidase also known as lactoperoxidase (LPO). LPO utilizes hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) and the pseudohalide thiocyanate (−SCN) to generate a broad-spectrum antimicrobial oxidant hypothiocyanous acid (HOSCN). HOSCN has antimicrobial activity against viruses, fungi, and bacteria. Although saliva contains the highest levels of −SCN and HOSCN in the body, this network operates in all extracellular fluids in the body including the blood, tears, nasal and lung fluids, gastric fluid, milk and semen. Another unique property of this system is that −SCN can react directly with all hypohalous acids and haloamines to funnel the oxidants to HOSCN that can be selectively detoxified by the host’s thioredoxin reductase but not by pathogen’s thioredoxin reductases due to evolutionary divergence. New understanding of this system many allow us to develop novel approaches to simultaneously treat inflammation while preventing infections.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals