Cut Negative People Out Of Your Life

michael94

This is one of the new age teachings I’ve begun to only recently view with a bit of malice... The sick and disabled aren’t the only ones that need or deserve special attention...

Positive vs Negative people

It seems very dualist... and even cowardly, at least to unsuspecting “ears”

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Maybe the phrase remove negativity from your life would be better?

I think the best solution is to have all the negative people on one side and all the positive people on the other so you become a live wire with massive amounts of voltage flowing through it

Herbie

I think the best solution is to have all the negative people on one side and all the positive people on the other so you become a live wire with massive amounts of voltage flowing through it

I do this, works out well.

Taotatoes

I think the best solution is working on ourselves. Learning to master our thoughts and reactions when on the receiving end of other people's negativity/issues, because I'd end up a very lonely person if I disowned everyone going through dark patches, or are simply the product of their dysfunctional social conditioning.

OP
michael94

michael94

I think the best solution is working on ourselves. Learning to master our thoughts and reactions when on the receiving end of other people's negativity/issues, because I'd end up a very lonely person if I disowned everyone going through dark patches, or are simply the product of their dysfunctional social conditioning.
Yh

Terma

Sounds like the logical evolution of the internet I've always known

eidlih-acgtopd.jpg

Terma

But seriously the admins of some websites of which I was long-time member (including but not limited to health forums) didn't even try to hide their subscriptions to this, it was always, "If I don't like you, you're banned, **** you and your whole family, bye". That wasn't so much a surprise as the legions of sycophants that couldn't for a single moment put themselves in someone else's shoes and ask, "Wait what if that were me?" Then years later it's them.

Jennifer

I think a positive can be a negative and a negative can be a positive based on how we perceive or feel about something. A person who is considered positive based on the standard definition of the word can be highly irritating to a person who is considered negative and so in the "negative" person's eyes, the "positive" person is a negative that they want to avoid. Their energies rub each other the wrong way, are a vibrational mismatch, I guess you could call it.

I don't think it's cowardly to not willingly subject ourselves to energies that don't align with ours, particularly in the case of abuse. IMO, a boxer fighting another boxer are energies that are aligned, but an abusive husband or wife beating on their spouse aren't. I don't see a child, who doesn't want to be in the same room as the person who molests them, as a coward. If anything, it takes an incredible amount of courage (and self-respect), especially as a child, to not allow themselves to be someone's sexual play thing.

Last edited:

InChristAlone

In my recovery I had to let go of some people who were not aligning with me. They just felt like a dark energy to be around. Whether that be because they were suffering for years and years or what I don't know but I can't be around people like that anymore that might be judging me for recovering and that maybe I just wasn't as sick as them or something. I did figure out recently it is mainly women. I can handle a man who has the victim mindset but it's different with women. We tend to be more catty to each other. More judgmental and more projection based.

D

danishispsychic

Birds of a feather flock together. No negative anything around me ever, people or otherwise. Total screening all the time.

I disagree with the premise.

There’s often true depth in negativism, and imbecilic lightness in positivism. Making a conscious effort to entirely avoid the former may create a completely false illusion of reality. The world is a bad place, most people do not wish you well, and life is hard and unfair to most. There’s a great deal of legitimacy to being negative. Being overtly positive or just artificially avoiding negativity can be fatal. We survive by being able to reflect on and defend against threats that are by nature negative. If your make yourself blind to it by not being exposed to it, you make yourself vulnerable.

As an example, Sweden has had a very positive attitude to imigration, ignoring the negatives. In retrospect it is now clear this approach was astonishingly retarded and profoundly stupid and child like. The result is a polarized society and a fallen state with no pespective. The country would have been much better off if the negativists hadn’t been shunned and ignored.

Embrace negativity, is what I’m saying.

D

danishispsychic

I disagree with the premise.

There’s often true depth in negativism, and imbecilic lightness in positivism. Making a conscious effort to entirely avoid the former may create a completely false illusion of reality. The world is a bad place, most people do not wish you well, and life is hard and unfair to most. There’s a great deal of legitimacy to being negative. Being overtly positive or just artificially avoiding negativity can be fatal. We survive by being able to reflect on and defend against threats that are by nature negative. If your make yourself blind to it by not being exposed to it, you make yourself vulnerable.

As an example, Sweden has had a very positive attitude to imigration, ignoring the negatives. In retrospect it is now clear this approach was astonishingly retarded and profoundly stupid and child like. The result is a polarized society and a fallen state with no pespective. The country would have been much better off if the negativists hadn’t been shunned and ignored.

Embrace negativity, is what I’m saying.
Clearly for your post you are doing a good job of that. Using the word " retarded " to describe Sweden might be your shining moment for that whole vibe. Have fun being miserable. :)

Clearly for your post you are doing a good job of that. Using the word " retarded " to describe Sweden might be your shining moment for that whole vibe. Have fun being miserable. :)

Fair enough, just be careful you don’t get too cozy in that lightness I mentioned, it could be dangerous.

With respect to Sweden, honestly I cannot think of a word to better describe their immigration policy. The country went from perhaps the most developed nation on Earth to a pure dysfunctional shithole. It is voluntarily irreversibly commiting a cultural and social self-genocide. What adjective do you think would be more appropriate to describe it? Perhaps one day biologists or anthropologists will come up with a better term for such self destructive behaviour. Some whales do it by beaching up, but nobody knows why.

By the way, don’t confuse negativity with being miserable. One may lead to the other, but so can positivism. In my experience of living in the US for many years, positivism very very often accompanies if not outright masks miserabilism. I’m negative yet quite happy.

Andman

Sorry to say i have yet to read any constructive post from you - is being a Psychic and life guide for the best of the best stressful?

@ Animalinstinct unfortunately its not limited to sweden, many countries in europe have taken a downward turn to the gutter lately

OP
michael94

michael94

I think a positive can be a negative and a negative can be a positive based on how we perceive or feel about something. A person who is considered positive based on the standard definition of the word can be highly irritating to a person who is considered negative and so in the "negative" person's eyes, the "positive" person is a negative that they want to avoid. Their energies rub each other the wrong way, are a vibrational mismatch, I guess you could call it.

I don't think it's cowardly to not willingly subject ourselves to energies that don't align with ours, particularly in the case of abuse. IMO, a boxer fighting another boxer are energies that are aligned, but an abusive husband or wife beating on their spouse aren't. I don't see a child, who doesn't want to be in the same room as the person who molests them, as a coward. If anything, it takes an incredible amount of courage (and self-respect), especially as a child, to not allow themselves to be someone's sexual play thing.
who could disagree Jennifer