Cureing Ibs Is It Possible

Dobbler

What you guys suggest if getting antibiotics is out of question? raw carrots, t3, PUFA depletion, improving metabolism overall, less stress etc.?

Atman

@ 51:51 Explains the basics.

If you want to think about it mechanically: Your small intestine has to have a higher flow rate than the movement/reproduction rate of the bacteria.

Birdie

@Birdie How long did your IBS symptoms after green can gelatin last?
Memory not clear on how long.
In the past, I'd have the cramps start up in the evening and then maybe vomiting once or twice many hours later. This time it was vomiting continually for hours.
I think it was one night, but it might have happened several nights because I remember being pissed off that it started again! You know that feeling..?

Birdie

If you don't mind I am curious what enzymes you used and if you noticed the difference immediately, and what your symptoms were.
Lisa said she was moving so she may not be around for a while...

Birdie

If you want to think about it mechanically: Your small intestine has to have a higher flow rate than the movement/reproduction rate of the bacteria.

Excellent. Thanks for this. I started around 44. Very helpful to see his approach here. No magic pills.

raypeatclips

Memory not clear on how long.
In the past, I'd have the cramps start up in the evening and then maybe vomiting once or twice many hours later. This time it was vomiting continually for hours.
I think it was one night, but it might have happened several nights because I remember being pissed off that it started again! You know that feeling..?

Don't know that feeling, my gut issues are mainly pain and cramping, not had vomiting from it. I was interested because I have a can of that gelatin coming in the mail haha.

Birdie

Don't know that feeling, my gut issues are mainly pain and cramping, not had vomiting from it. I was interested because I have a can of that gelatin coming in the mail haha.
My IBS usually doesn't include emesis, only sometimes. This time it was an important feature!

I looked around for the answer to why the hydrolyzed had that effect on me.
The regular gelatin never bothered me that way.
I think it was the extra processing.

Maybe similar to the problems sometimes encountered with individual amino acids due to processing.
Could have to do with the glutamic acid MSG connection.
The processed glutamic acid in the collagen hydrolysate.

I've never had bad reactions to MSG by the way... but MSG is highly processed and there's thought that while unprocessed glutamine is safe,
processing makes it more capable of being a problem.

Just thinking here.... Lots of people do fine with it.

Birdie

This had Ray's answer to the OP's problem with eggs also around 44:00...

Birdie

This was interesting as possible reason why Lisa found lysine helpful:
While at normal physiological concentrations competition between amino acids seems unlikely, saturating the transporter with lysine an inhibit the uptake of arginine[16] subsequently reducing nitric oxide production;[17] this was hypothesized to be a potential mechanism for how lysine supplementation could affect neurological function.[18]

Lysine - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com
Not recommending this cite, just ran across it in my search...

L

lollipop

Hi @Birdie, thank you for tagging me :): Yes I use Lysine VERY effectively in these use cases - please note, I only use symptomatically and not everyday:

*I notice symptoms of high serotonin: irritability/anger (unusual), gas/gut symptoms even diarrhea, histamine responses (unusual) like sudden sneezing.

*My gut has been particularly off for a period of time. I remember reading it helps repair gut lining.

@jaakkima The enzymes I use that are helpful are from enzymedica: Digest and Digest Gold. I have also used Serragold from the same company for the serrapeptase which reduces inflammation including gut inflammation.

I have also used Atrantil for the reflux/GERD/SIBO symptoms that came after my lower GI was soooooo out of balance for so long. Good stuff works fast.

And seriously this ALL arose from living in India for so long.

J

James IV

Lots of fat, particularly butter, and a good amount of meat. With all carbohydrate coming from extremely easy to digest sources, like juice, honey, and syrup. Don't get too crazy with carbs. Keep fats at least as high as carbs. Maybe 40/20/40 carb/pro/fat. Or even 30/20/50 if your insides are really in disarray.

raypeatclips

Lots of fat, particularly butter, and a good amount of meat. With all carbohydrate coming from extremely easy to digest sources, like juice, honey, and syrup. Don't get too crazy with carbs. Keep fats at least as high as carbs. Maybe 40/20/40 carb/pro/fat. Or even 30/20/50 if your insides are really in disarray.

What are your thoughts behind fat benefitting IBS?

J

James IV

What are your thoughts behind fat benefitting IBS?

It's more about getting sufficient energy without making things worse. Fat won't contribute to endotoxin load, and it won't dehydrate or irritate the intestine. Carbs, even nutritious ones, can potentially do these things. I would suggest experimenting keeping carbs moderate to low, and probably stick to simple carbs, if you need to heal IBS, Crohns, Diverticulitis, etc. When the gut is in better health you can slowly make carbs a larger percentage of the diet.

raypeatclips

It's more about getting sufficient energy without making things worse. Fat won't contribute to endotoxin load, and it won't dehydrate or irritate the intestine. Carbs, even nutritious ones, can potentially do these things. I would suggest experimenting keeping carbs moderate to low, and probably stick to simple carbs, if you need to heal IBS, Crohns, Diverticulitis, etc. When the gut is in better health you can slowly make carbs a larger percentage of the diet.

Makes a lot of sense thank you for reply, you are one of the best posters on this forum.

A.R

Fat won't contribute to endotoxin load, and it won't dehydrate or irritate the intestine.

My experience with saturated fat is, when I eat it, initially I get a sense of power and energy, but then I get SIBO symptoms. Could that just be 'detox' symptoms?

J

James IV

My experience with saturated fat is, when I eat it, initially I get a sense of power and energy, but then I get SIBO symptoms. Could that just be 'detox' symptoms?

What exactly do you mean by sibo symptoms?