Cureing Ibs Is It Possible

A.R

Saturated fat is antimicrobial. Killing bacteria will result in endotoxin. In a healthy person those endotoxin that make it into the bloodstream during normal nutrient transport, will be removed by the exocrine system. In a sick person with poor detoxification the toxins will not be properly disposed and can cause inflammation in various tissues via blood.
The "cleaner" your gut, the less endotoxin saturated fat will "promote," which is the wrong term.
On a side note, this is probably a primary reason high (indigestible) starch/high fat often promotes fat gain.
Thank You for this

Answered my question.

M

member 2106

Ray has said that anti-serotonin agents can treat IBS, as Haidut already pointed out. Have you tried Cyproheptadine?

Seeweed65

How much and how often did you drink?

Hi @tomisonbottom

I use to drink most days of the week but quite heavy on the weekends, beer, spirits, wine anything really. I do drink every so often and know it still has negitive affect on my digestive system. Also I can eat very spicy food without it really affecting me now which is good as my wife is Thai and is always cooking me food!

tomisonbottom

I found these resources helpful:

*Digestive enzymes high dose in between food
*lysine
*Aspirin
*increasing chewing before swallowing
*high dose Niacinimide for about a week

I saw you also said Atrantil worked as well. Was the Atrantil after doing the high dose enzymes?

Just trying to understand if the gut issues came back after the enzymes, because you said the enzymes took care of the problem.......... wondering which one was the winner. :)

tomisonbottom

It's not hard at all; it's a spectrum, also.

Antibiotic trial ---> adequate thyroid function -----> good diet -----> laxative -----> quick transit ------> no IBS

Avoidance of PUFA and emphasis on saturated fat is important for the gut wall.

What do you make of the people like Constantine who say that antibiotics make it worse for them?

L

lollipop

I saw you also said Atrantil worked as well. Was the Atrantil after doing the high dose enzymes?

Just trying to understand if the gut issues came back after the enzymes, because you said the enzymes took care of the problem.......... wondering which one was the winner. :)

Hi @tomisonbottom,

To answer your question accurately: it has been a long journey! I still use enzymes but now low dose - use the same company's Digest Basic now, 1 or 2 with big meals not needed with snacks.

I keep Atrantil in my "medicine bag" but no longer need it - when I started it, I was in the middle of a painful GERD like flare up from stress. It instantly cooled things down. I went through three bottles as things improved - but then seemed to plateau and not help anymore NOR fully heal it.

I have not been not tested, but feel like inflammation and bacteria maybe SIBO. Then I remember @bzmazu talking about Artemisinin. It is great for parasites, malaria, and cancer. Something told me to try it. I began a protocol of 100mg at night 4 days on, 3 days off for the last 4 weeks. It has turned the tide. Making great progress - again greatly reducing need for enzymes, no need for Atrantil, and only rarely feeling the "burning" reflux acidy symptom. I sense that by another month, I will be back to normal.

Side note* this nightmare began from two possible sources: bacterial infection from living in India for so long, OR maybe AND being required to have an MMR vaccine upon my return. Within one month I began bleeding from my anus (sorry tmi) for 6 months. Was diagnosed with diverticulitis.

Healed that THEN had a flare up several years later from intense rounds of antibiotics required for a rollerblade accident that crushed finger bone. They were afraid of bone infection. Again bled for like 5 months. Healed that.

Two years later got married, began tanking from very low carb, switched to more "Peating" had simultaneous extreme external stress and lower GI again flared up, lasted three months, but by that time it had moved into upper GI. After healing lower GI, trying to heal the upper GI has been TOUGH. Not willing to use antibiotics so going has been slow. I am very close to being out of the woods now :):

Excuse me for the extra long response, but feel it helpful for you to fully understand that one substance was not enough.

tomisonbottom

Hi @tomisonbottom,

To answer your question accurately: it has been a long journey! I still use enzymes but now low dose - use the same company's Digest Basic now, 1 or 2 with big meals not needed with snacks.

I keep Atrantil in my "medicine bag" but no longer need it - when I started it, I was in the middle of a painful GERD like flare up from stress. It instantly cooled things down. I went through three bottles as things improved - but then seemed to plateau and not help anymore NOR fully heal it.

I have not been not tested, but feel like inflammation and bacteria maybe SIBO. Then I remember @bzmazu talking about Artemisinin. It is great for parasites, malaria, and cancer. Something told me to try it. I began a protocol of 100mg at night 4 days on, 3 days off for the last 4 weeks. It has turned the tide. Making great progress - again greatly reducing need for enzymes, no need for Atrantil, and only rarely feeling the "burning" reflux acidy symptom. I sense that by another month, I will be back to normal.

Side note* this nightmare began from two possible sources: bacterial infection from living in India for so long, OR maybe AND being required to have an MMR vaccine upon my return. Within one month I began bleeding from my anus (sorry tmi) for 6 months. Was diagnosed with diverticulitis.

Healed that THEN had a flare up several years later from intense rounds of antibiotics required for a rollerblade accident that crushed finger bone. They were afraid of bone infection. Again bled for like 5 months. Healed that.

Two years later got married, began tanking from very low carb, switched to more "Peating" had simultaneous extreme external stress and lower GI again flared up, lasted three months, but by that time it had moved into upper GI. After healing lower GI, trying to heal the upper GI has been TOUGH. Not willing to use antibiotics so going has been slow. I am very close to being out of the woods now :)

Excuse me for the extra long response, but feel it helpful for you to fully understand that one substance was not enough.

That makes a lot of sense, thanks for the detailed response!

Birdie

So far so good for me since I stopped all synthesized glycine. I read that the processing affects some people with ibs. I seem to be one of them. However, that said, I’d had attacks in the past unrelated to glycine, only they were few and far between. When I started glycine it hit me strong.

InChristAlone

I went about a year without an attack and had one the other day I had eaten tacos with spicey homemade salsa, and then cake with cream cheese frosting, in the past gums have always been an issue for me and I know cream cheese usually has a load of them. Not sure what the trigger was but it caught me off guard! Cramping and loads of well formed stool. That's my presentation. Almost like a bacterial overgrowth as usually my stool is small. Anyway, I thought it was weird. It's good to get to know possible triggers. In the past fiber was a big one for me the roughage seems to cause cramping. I found that website fiber menace helpful.

Texon

I went about a year without an attack and had one the other day I had eaten tacos with spicey homemade salsa, and then cake with cream cheese frosting, in the past gums have always been an issue for me and I know cream cheese usually has a load of them. Not sure what the trigger was but it caught me off guard! Cramping and loads of well formed stool. That's my presentation. Almost like a bacterial overgrowth as usually my stool is small. Anyway, I thought it was weird. It's good to get to know possible triggers. In the past fiber was a big one for me the roughage seems to cause cramping. I found that website fiber menace helpful.

I found this very interesting. I had a hard time deciding where to post this...maybe we should be looking at horse studies instead of just rodents?

Equine Gastric Ulcers | Jeremiah's Ulcer Repulser™

I have had some fantastic results lately with marshmallow root powder (kind of like herbal gelatin?). Was losing the fight with reflux and had a diagnosis of early barrett's esophagus about 5 years ago. Also had gallbladder out due to chronic inflammation. Digestive enzymes only made things worse...probably the protease. Marshmallow root powder in water 4 caps, 4 X/day opened and stirred into water or chamomile tea has made a huge difference.

Anyway, notice the herbs in their anti ulcer blend. They also have an interesting blend for adrenal hpa burn out. I think I'm going to experiment with these if I can get a COA or some other reasonable assurance of quality. On the other hand, are they going to risk giving crap to million dollar race horses? Notice also the gastric ulcer rate for horses actively training/racing vs those in pasture....the many faces of stress.