Cureing Ibs Is It Possible

DaveFoster

It's not hard at all; it's a spectrum, also.

Antibiotic trial ---> adequate thyroid function -----> good diet -----> laxative -----> quick transit ------> no IBS

Avoidance of PUFA and emphasis on saturated fat is important for the gut wall.

OP
biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss

ray peat diet i got really sick with eggs for 4 months i ate them and didnt listen to my body i took them out and got a bit better but still problems. I do eggshell powder instead of milk that helped. orange juice coffree, free range pork, orange juice beets, french fries red light. ive also taking anti histimes.

Im doing acupuncture which is helping the most.

L

lollipop

im really not getting anywhere.
I found these resources helpful:

*Digestive enzymes high dose in between food
*lysine
*Aspirin
*increasing chewing before swallowing
*high dose Niacinimide for about a week

haidut

Forum Supporter
cureing ibs is it possible?

Serotonin, depression, and aggression - The problem of brain energy.
"...In Parkinson’s disease, the benefits seen from increasing the concentration of dopamine could result from dopamine’s antagonism to serotonin; anti-serotonin drugs can alleviate the symptoms, and 5-hydroxytryptophan can worsen the symptoms (Chase, et al., 1976). Other movement disorders, including akathisia and chorea, can be produced by serotonin. In autism, repetitive motions are a common symptom, and serotonin is high in the blood serum and platelets of autistic children and their relatives. Irritable bowel syndrome, another kind of “movement disorder,” can be treated effectively with anti-serotonin agents. This syndrome is very common in women, with premenstrual exacerbations, when estrogen is highest. One of the side effects of oral contraceptives is chorea, uncontrollable dancing movements. Some research has found increased serotonin in people with Huntington’s chorea (Kish, et al., 1987), and positive results with bromocriptine have been reported (Agnoli, et al., 1977)."

Queequeg

I am a big betaine HCL fan for any digestion issues plus enzymes, both with food.

Seeweed65

After trying everything going it wasn't until i completely stoped all alcohol consumption I seen improvements. It took about a year and the 6 years of agony was over. There may but many causes of IBS but alcohol was my downfall!

Birdie

It's been a year since my last ibs attack. One thing I do is watch the fat several hours before bed. So terrified of an attack that I usually remember this and another thing in my case is not to overeat near bedtime.

I had to reduce lysine to 500 mg daily. With a larger dose I get angina, but related to ibs, lysine can cause stomach cramps and nausea. Sorry I don't know where I read about the stomach part. I just have a sticky note inside a cupboard to remind me.

L

lollipop

I had to reduce lysine to 500 mg daily. With a larger dose I get angina, but related to ibs, lysine can cause stomach cramps and nausea.
Isn't it so interesting @Birdie how different we all are as human systems? I can handle 3000mg at once daily over extended periods with no symptoms or side effects except for helping an inflamed GI tract. It really is what makes health and wellness so fascinating. We are all sooooo different.

tomisonbottom

After trying everything going it wasn't until i completely stoped all alcohol consumption I seen improvements. It took about a year and the 6 years of agony was over. There may but many causes of IBS but alcohol was my downfall!

How much and how often did you drink?

Birdie

Checking the intestinal distress which was claimed to be a possible side effect of lysine, I just ran into a review that says this:

"Overall, oral supplementation of lysine appears to be highly safe. Large doses (25 grams or more over the course of a day) may cause intestinal distress and diarrhea which is alleviated by lowering the dose." Lysine - Scientific Review on Usage, Dosage, Side Effects | Examine.com

In other places, through the years, I've read that lysine can be used safely for one year. I've been using it a lot longer. There never seemed to be a consensus about how much lysine could be taken for that year.

I'd not found it to help my IBS, even at doses around 3 g a day, but @lisaferraro reported that lysine helped her IBS.
What helps me is using digestive enzymes (Betaine HCl) and not overeating especially for about 3 hours before bedtime.
And watching to keep low fat in the evening too.

I did have a horrible bout of IBS a month or so ago after trying collagen hydrolysate/green can gelatin.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals