Curcumin (curry) Is Serotonergic

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

Dave Clark

What exactly is the Dutch test? Is it just a saliva cortisol test, or is it a test that has more than just cortisol in the parameters, whether saliva or blood (or urine)? I saw on a Peat e-mail reply that he liked blood cortisol tests better than the saliva, but the post didn't elaborate as to why. I had a saliva cortisol test that showed below base line, but I am not sure I believe that I am deficient in cortisol. At the time, my doctor gave me hydrocortisone, and I didn't feel any better, so I quit that. Still trying to decide if most people that show low have a different problem, like receptor problems, etc., or HPA issues, etc.

Mito

What exactly is the Dutch test? Is it just a saliva cortisol test, or is it a test that has more than just cortisol in the parameters, whether saliva or blood (or urine)? I saw on a Peat e-mail reply that he liked blood cortisol tests better than the saliva, but the post didn't elaborate as to why. I had a saliva cortisol test that showed below base line, but I am not sure I believe that I am deficient in cortisol. At the time, my doctor gave me hydrocortisone, and I didn't feel any better, so I quit that. Still trying to decide if most people that show low have a different problem, like receptor problems, etc., or HPA issues, etc.
DUTCH = Dried Urine Test for Comprehensive Hormones (DUTCH Test – Advanced Hormone Testing), they use saliva for cortisol if you want the CAR (cortisol awakening response)
27D58737-6D3D-4E86-A065-EDEAB3A4866C.jpeg

B88C6974-746D-4913-BBAA-3FCBCB056ADC.jpeg

23B28656-E2D0-4774-805E-1052BAD602BF.jpeg

Last edited:

Dave Clark

Thanks for the graphics and link. I want to learn more about this for some other people, as well as myself.

Mito

Why do you describe your cortisol levels as embarrassingly low? Your free bioactive cortisone & cortisol are plenty good. Precision Analytical claims that free cortisol is the best proxy for tissue levels of cortisol. Your test suggests low metabolized cortisol (metabolites of both cortisol and cortisone so 11β-HSD1 doesn’t matter for this value). Precision Analytics claims that metabolized cortisol best represents overall cortisol production (accessing adrenal health). So wouldn’t your results suggest more of a problem with adrenal health (production) than any problem with 11β-HSD1 conversions?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals