CT scans

kimbriel

I just got done with lung carcinoid but it will require 4 CT scans in the next 5 years to monitor it and make sure it doesn't come back. What are some things I can do to make sure the CT scans are less toxic and taxing on my body?

David PS

Peatress

You’ve probably had multiple CT scans already so perhaps opt for MRIs in the future as they are safer.

OP
kimbriel

kimbriel

You’ve probably had multiple CT scans already so perhaps opt for MRIs in the future as they are safer.

Only 1 CT and 1 Pet Scan. They need to monitor me to make sure the cancer I had doesn't come back. It hardly ever does (I only found 1 small study 99 out of 100 patients it didn't come back. In 1 patient it did). I don't think an MRI would show it the same way but I can ask. Someone mentioned a CT scan protocol.

Peatress

Only 1 CT and 1 Pet Scan. They need to monitor me to make sure the cancer I had doesn't come back. It hardly ever does (I only found 1 small study 99 out of 100 patients it didn't come back. In 1 patient it did). I don't think an MRI would show it the same way but I can ask. Someone mentioned a CT scan protocol.
CT scan protocol I don't know much about. In a world of high daily radiation exposure it's too risky. Dr Peat says MRIs are just as good. CT scans (4 in 5 years) are a guaranteed way to ensure cancer will return. Avoid them at all cost. Avoid contrast dyes too.

Is it worth the risk if you have a 1% chance of reoccurrence?

Whatever you decide I hope all goes well.

Last edited:

Herbie

I would do things to prevent them returning and not get any scans and move on with life and forget about it. My 2c

geraldxy

I actually work with clinical imaging and CT is one of them. In the last 2 years we introduced a dosemanagement for ionizing devices. This software documents if the exposure was too high and i can tell you there are many limit exceeds. One big part of the problem is if you are overweight, the device needs much more energy. You can ask them to mail you the CT exposure-protocol, there you can see the data.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals