Croissant diet, do starches digest easier if they're lighter, fluffier and softer vs. heavier and harder

Dr. B

Pasta scores very low on the glycemix index, I think it's at the same number as honey and table sugar and fruit juices. But the reason for this is because apparently the gluten molecules are bound a certain way in pasta to where it takes the body longer to break them down. So even though its low on the glycemix index, I think it still has a negative inflammatory effect because it takes so long to digest it.
It seems like pasta, and very hard heavy breads like certain burger buns and bread loafs, are the most inflammatory and take the longest to digest. they're also the heaviest.
whereas something like a croissant, danish, and some softer, lighter more crumbly burger buns seem to digest easier and cause less issues. rice seems to be easier than any of the pastas/most breads.
This may also be responsible for the benefits of fruits, milk, whey protein powder, fruit juices. They digest much easier than solid foods.

Drareg

Peat has mentioned coating starch molecules with butter or some fat, it eases the transport through the intestine.
Puff pastry uses a huge amount of butter, the process if making it involves folding the butter into the flour to create layers, as it cooks the fat soaks deeper into the starch again.
Some breads and pastries use a yeast based puff pastry, it might be better to attempt to those recipes with a sour dough base, not using yeast might be helpful as it upsets digestion for some, peat mentioned sour dough because the gluten is broken down more before baking.

I think this may also explain why croissants, puff pastry etc are so popular, back in the old days people were more in tune with how foods digest, people nowadays are not in tune with their bodies, excessive flatulence and weekly diarrhea episodes are seen as normal.

OP
D

Dr. B

Peat has mentioned coating starch molecules with butter or some fat, it eases the transport through the intestine.
Puff pastry uses a huge amount of butter, the process if making it involves folding the butter into the flour to create layers, as it cooks the fat soaks deeper into the starch again.
Some breads and pastries use a yeast based puff pastry, it might be better to attempt to those recipes with a sour dough base, not using yeast might be helpful as it upsets digestion for some, peat mentioned sour dough because the gluten is broken down more before baking.

I think this may also explain why croissants, puff pastry etc are so popular, back in the old days people were more in tune with how foods digest, people nowadays are not in tune with their bodies, excessive flatulence and weekly diarrhea episodes are seen as normal.
the croissants, danishes etc clearly seem to digest better than the loaf breads and sandwich breads, even if its for example the starbucks cheese danish which has some amount of xanthan gum or guar gum in it. but the notable thing is even cheese sandwiches don't digest as well as the puff pastries. maybe that's due to the enzymes in the cheese, since I haven't tried it with rennet based cheese.
even with donuts, the krispy kreme glazed one digests much better than the "cake donuts" which are heavy and thick.

lvysaur

Yes, but the same could probably also be achieved by just salivating a lot.

It feels almost impossible to swallow most starches unless I salivate a lot while the bolus is still in my mouth. Contrast to meat where it feels great to just tear it up and swallow after only a few seconds of salivation

The "trick" food is pasta, where the food is so moist that, to the untrained person, it might feel like salivation is unnecessary, even though it is. Worst offender is gnocchi, which doesn't even deserve to be called a "dumpling" as it's just a ball of dough. The extra chewing is a chore, so I always opt for thin noodles instead--there's a reason the Chinese never cared for any other shapes.

the croissants, danishes etc clearly seem to digest better than the loaf breads and sandwich breads, even if its for example the starbucks cheese danish which has some amount of xanthan gum or guar gum in it. but the notable thing is even cheese sandwiches don't digest as well as the puff pastries. maybe that's due to the enzymes in the cheese, since I haven't tried it with rennet based cheese.
even with donuts, the krispy kreme glazed one digests much better than the "cake donuts" which are heavy and thick.
What's your blood type? It's not very important but I'm curious

Jam

It feels almost impossible to swallow most starches unless I salivate a lot while the bolus is still in my mouth. Contrast to meat where it feels great to just tear it up and swallow after only a few seconds of salivation

The "trick" food is pasta, where the food is so moist that, to the untrained person, it might feel like salivation is unnecessary, even though it is. Worst offender is gnocchi, which doesn't even deserve to be called a "dumpling" as it's just a ball of dough. The extra chewing is a chore, so I always opt for thin noodles instead--there's a reason the Chinese never cared for any other shapes.

Real home-made gnocchi melt in the mouth and are usually made with whole potato. Anything else, especially supermarket junk, is worse than chewing rubber.

OP
D

Dr. B

what does the blood type mean? I dont know if ive ever tested mine. I last got a vaccine over 10 years ago for meningitis.

Pasta scores very low on the glycemix index, I think it's at the same number as honey and table sugar and fruit juices. But the reason for this is because apparently the gluten molecules are bound a certain way in pasta to where it takes the body longer to break them down. So even though its low on the glycemix index, I think it still has a negative inflammatory effect because it takes so long to digest it.
It seems like pasta, and very hard heavy breads like certain burger buns and bread loafs, are the most inflammatory and take the longest to digest. they're also the heaviest.
whereas something like a croissant, danish, and some softer, lighter more crumbly burger buns seem to digest easier and cause less issues. rice seems to be easier than any of the pastas/most breads.
This may also be responsible for the benefits of fruits, milk, whey protein powder, fruit juices. They digest much easier than solid foods.
I think the thicker noodles versus a noodle like Angel hair pasta makes a difference too. A thinner noodle has more of the starch boiled out. I can feel the difference. I also think a croissant digests better than a more dense bread because there is fat mixed thoroughly through it making it much easier to pass through the intestines.

Osukhan

Anyone following what hes up to at the moment with SEA Stearoylethanolamide, r-ALA, and lowering BCAAs.....

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdjxmNFY6oI

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUGZqzXhwmU&t=1s

i recently ordered SEA, haven't received it yet . Ive used his stearic acid butter and powder as well. Also have used Pu-erh tea on and off. I also use AKG from another product by Joel Greene. I tend to follow examples and advice from Joel Greene and Brad Marshall.

I dont follow a low protein diet... usually shoot for 190g a day

Back
Top Bottom