Crohn's

HDD

26 yo male friend of my daughter's is suffering with Crohn's. Loss of weight, pain, night sweats, unable to work or leave home. Doesn't take medicine doctor prescribes because it doesn't help. He takes many supplements. Has anyone reversed Crohn's or alleviated symptoms? His doctor recommends a diet similar to paleo.

cliff

tell him to stop taking supplements that could potentially fix the issue

sunfish

I'm new here so sorry to jump in - a lot of people have success with GAPs or SCD. SCD has a looong history with bowel related and celiac disease.
It's similar to RP in that it eliminates most starch, but it can lean towards ow carb and doesn't eliminate PUFA long term. However, it could be very effective as a way ti break out of the inflammatory cycle of crohns, and then she would have the freedom to learn more about recovering her health.

Kate

OP
H

HDD

Thank you Cliff and Sunfish. I know he has been using diet and supplements to manage his health but I am not sure exactly what. I plan on talking to him soon to find out more details.

Primal2Peat

Raw milk from grass-fed animals helped me. Also, raw grass-fed meat, raw honey.

I was on the Primal Diet by Aajonus Vonderplanitz, which helped. I'm just now incorporating Ray Peat's sceince, but tell him to look into raw milk.

There are a lot of people who have cured or made their lives better with raw milk/dairy.

Tell him that he has to stop eating grains. That's also a huge thing. Grains are absolutely the worst thing anyone can eat in my opinion.

OP
H

HDD

P2P thanks, I know he does drink raw milk.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals