Crohns Disease - Ulcerated Ileum

Pointless

I just got a colonoscopy and got some bad news. On the scale of Crohns disease from 1-4, the inflammation in my ileum is a 4 or 4+. There was some ulceration found and possibly necrosis (though my stepdad told me it was necrosis, not the doctor).

He strongly recommended biologics, and I am inclined to agree. I know there is a lot of Crohns research here, and I am wondering what treatments are most effective for severe Crohns?

I am not looking for experimental therapies. I am looking for stuff that works. I'm mostly looking at 6-mp or Cimzia. Sulfasalazine doesn't agree with me. But I am open to an adjunct therapy here.

Taurine, ghee, and R5P seem to help slightly. I have been in Cyproheptadine 1 mg 2x/day, and that has stopped the diarrhea completely.

For the past 2 weeks I've been getting some slight abdominal pains, but nothing major. I also have a partial colectomy and am missing a sigmoid and ileocæcum.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm truly sorry to hear you got bad news. I don't know enough about biologics to comment but I'm 100% supportive of your decision. There are times that gentle treatments are fine and preferable and times when they just aren't enough and we have to go with strong medicine instead and it sounds like you're in need of strong medicine at this point. I'm glad you were wise enough to realize that before you became worse off. I commend your efforts to heal yourself naturally and hope you get to a state of remission soon.

dannibo

For what its worth to you , I had Crohn's with severe bleeding and all the rest. Had six ulcers removed as well. Tried everything in Crohn's medication and all were useless then I got really depressed and my doc prescribed sertralene. I took the first one on a Tuesday afternoon and within 10 mins my stomach started gurgling and didn't stop until Friday. I was taking 50mg a day. On Friday all symptoms had gone..all of them. Reading further into this I discovered that "poisoned" serotonin sites are responsible for Crohn's.and the Sri blocks that from recirculating . To be on the safe side I then started taking mms on a regular basis and haven't had any bother for two years now. Maybe it'll help.. Simple and safe.

OP
Pointless

Pointless

Thanks a lot for your input. Could you explain how the poisoned receptors cause serotonin recirculation? I'm not understanding how an SSRI would affect Crohn's.

dannibo

From what I have read. Science has found that there are certain serotonin receptors that either cause an overspill of serotonin or bad serotonin, I'm no sure. But the ssri works by blocking the return action of the serotonin as it is reused in the body so your body has to make fresh serotonin. There was also a paper done on Crohn's by l dopa 5htp and some other amino acid precursors that resolved the symptoms but this was a treatment that had to be taken everyday. I don't know why however it worked for me so fast after years of misery. I didn't like taking the ssri over a long period and stopped after 6 months with no problems coming back although I still take MMS and would never be without it. If I even feel a twinge I would take a few days course and it's always resolved. Here's the result.https://www.neurosupport.com/references/06-stein-et-al-amino-acid-responsive-crohns.pdf

Last edited:

EIRE24

For what its worth to you , I had Crohn's with severe bleeding and all the rest. Had six ulcers removed as well. Tried everything in Crohn's medication and all were useless then I got really depressed and my doc prescribed sertralene. I took the first one on a Tuesday afternoon and within 10 mins my stomach started gurgling and didn't stop until Friday. I was taking 50mg a day. On Friday all symptoms had gone..all of them. Reading further into this I discovered that "poisoned" serotonin sites are responsible for Crohn's.and the Sri blocks that from recirculating . To be on the safe side I then started taking mms on a regular basis and haven't had any bother for two years now. Maybe it'll help.. Simple and safe.
So the setralene completely cured all of your stomach issues? I seem to have throat tightness and what feels like acid reflux or gerd and what feels also like an ulcer? Can never get rid of it and becoming very frustrated.

Mito

I seem to have throat tightness and what feels like acid reflux or gerd and what feels also like an ulcer? Can never get rid of it and becoming very frustrated.
Has your doctor ruled out eosinophilic esophagitis (EOE)?

dannibo

It seems that Crohn's sufferers all have the same symptoms. Unreal. All my throat problems and anything else were resolved with MMS and actually I only found out about the MMS quite a while after the SSRI cured the stomach and bowel problems. I had a blocked saliva duct in my neck that sometimes swelled up like a plum. The MMS cleared that and my singing voice improved( well that's my opinion). Really though it is the best kept secret. You need to use it with purified water to be really effective and there's papers all over the place on that. It resolves Ulcers and any other infection.. Abscesses etc.

OP
Pointless

Pointless

I have a constricted throat, now that you mention it. Sometimes my voice cracks, at 33 years old it's kind of embarrassing.

By MMS you mean Miracle Mineral Solution? How much did you take? How often until you saw results? Did you get any side effects or die-off? And I take it you've tried antibiotics, herbal supplements, and other anti-pathogens?

If everyone with Crohn's gets the same symptoms, do you have gallstones like me? Look at this study:

Phosphatidylcholine-enriched diet prevents gallstone formation in mice susceptible to cholelithiasis. - PubMed - NCBI

Also, has anyone seen this study?

TNF-alpha-induced up-regulation of pro-inflammatory cytokines is reduced by phosphatidylcholine in intestinal epithelial cells. - PubMed - NCBI

I haven't been taking MitoLipins lately, because I always thought it was just the vitamin E that was benefitting me, but I applied 40 drops topically and got a wave of relaxation. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited:

SOMO

I have a constricted throat, now that you mention it. Sometimes my voice cracks, at 33 years old it's kind of embarrassing.

By MMS you mean Miracle Mineral Solution? How much did you take? How often until you saw results? Did you get any side effects or die-off? And I take it you've tried antibiotics, herbal supplements, and other anti-pathogens?

If everyone with Crohn's gets the same symptoms, do you have gallstones like me? Look at this study:

Phosphatidylcholine-enriched diet prevents gallstone formation in mice susceptible to cholelithiasis. - PubMed - NCBI

TNF-alpha-induced up-regulation of pro-inflammatory cytokines is reduced by phosphatidylcholine in intestinal epithelial cells. - PubMed - NCBI

I haven't been taking MitoLipins lately, because I always thought it was just the vitamin E that was benefitting me, but I applied 40 drops topically and got a wave of relaxation. We'll see how it goes.

MMS is just bleach and anti-thyroid.
Chlorine is a halogen and displaces Iodine in the thyroid. So does Fluoride and Bromine for that matter.

Do you tolerate fiber?

dannibo

Anyone who says MMS is just a "bleach" are totally misinformed. It is a biocide and the most potent oxidation therapy on the planet. It cures everything if taken in the right quantities and at regular intervals. Your throat will clear up with it and it doesn't affect the thyroid in any way. I started with 4 drops every two hours and had no herx at all just a gradual healing. But some people should start with 1 drop per hour in 4 oz water and gradually increase.

dannibo

MMS is just bleach and anti-thyroid.
Chlorine is a halogen and displaces Iodine in the thyroid. So does Fluoride and Bromine for that matter.

Do you tolerate fiber?
Chlorine dioxide or MMS has nothing whatsoever to do with CHLORINE its just in the name as per sodium chloride.

Nicole W.

I just got a colonoscopy and got some bad news. On the scale of Crohns disease from 1-4, the inflammation in my ileum is a 4 or 4+. There was some ulceration found and possibly necrosis (though my stepdad told me it was necrosis, not the doctor).

He strongly recommended biologics, and I am inclined to agree. I know there is a lot of Crohns research here, and I am wondering what treatments are most effective for severe Crohns?

I am not looking for experimental therapies. I am looking for stuff that works. I'm mostly looking at 6-mp or Cimzia. Sulfasalazine doesn't agree with me. But I am open to an adjunct therapy here.

Taurine, ghee, and R5P seem to help slightly. I have been in Cyproheptadine 1 mg 2x/day, and that has stopped the diarrhea completely.

For the past 2 weeks I've been getting some slight abdominal pains, but nothing major. I also have a partial colectomy and am missing a sigmoid and ileocæcum.
DMSO has been used to cure Crohn’s. It’s completely non toxic to humans as long as it’s used with basic precautions. I would enlist the help of a doctor who is familiar with its mechanisms if you decide to try it.

dannibo

Sympathy with your dad. It nearly done for me completely. I don't know if the SSRI works for everyone as it did for me but it's worth a try as he will know almost immediately if they work for him. It only took ten minutes for me to have a reaction.

Broken man

I dont know how much is celiac disease similar to crohn´s but I think that I read there is some link. You could look on artemisinin absinthium, you will find something. Did you try inosine? I have great benefits from everything what increases atp. Fasting could help too with threonine.