Critique This Fasting Protocol

Such_Umami

I really like fasting and though it's not very good from a RP perspective, I don't want to eliminate it from my health routine.

So I've created this fasting protocol which means you drink coconut water for electrolytes/potassium and salt water. Once my liver glycogen depletes, I shall refill my glycogen stocks with carbs and then do it again.

I really like fasting and though it's not very good from a RP perspective, I don't want to eliminate it from my health routine.

So I've created this fasting protocol which means you drink coconut water for electrolytes/potassium and salt water. Once my liver glycogen depletes, I shall refill my glycogen stocks with carbs and then do it again.

Coconut water fasting is not fasting it's ulltra-low calorie diet.

What amount of coconut water you are aiming for?

ampersand

I like fasting too. I think Peat is a genius, but after decades of experimentation I've found that periodic extended water fasts (+/-5 days) are the easiest and most effective way to keep my atopic dermatitis symptoms at bay.

Goobz

Valter Longo is my favourite resource on this. His "fasting mimicking diet" is probably the safest way, rather than trying to DIY. Check out this paper. If you'd rather a summary, type his name into youtube for a Ted talk or two.

https://www.cell.com/cell-metabolism/pdfExtended/S1550-4131(15)00224-7

Careful with coconut water in large quantities, someone on this forum posted on how it can screw up your kidneys and is used in India for "senicide" of the elderly.

I think what RP calls "fasting" is actually what people these days call "caloric restriction", which has more problems and isn't anywhere near as beneficial. Periodic fasts + a nutritious diet ala Valter Longo's method, seems far more powerful.

I don't know if periods of fasting or fasting mimicking diets are safe for people who use thyroid supplementation, however. I'd imagine they would interrupt the process.

Jem Oz

I don't know if periods of fasting or fasting mimicking diets are safe for people who use thyroid supplementation, however. I'd imagine they would interrupt the process.

+1. Not a good idea to fast and be on thyroid. You'll activate the stress response so fast, your nose will bleed. I naively tried a 16/8 IF protocol once while taking low dose thyroid. Had a major hair stress shed (which thankfully abated and largely reversed).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals