Critique My Stack For Ultimate BONE GAINS

Runenight201

Same story if you're in a bridge (fl or ex) and you don't have enough movement in your t-spine that stress/compression has to go somewhere
it most often winds up in the lower c-spine and that's where people get in trouble. Not doing the work needed to have t-spine rom.

Flexion is often LESS dangerous re: bridge simply because most folks have much more t-spine usable flexion than extension

again this is the Ray Peat forum so as always "context" wins.

if you have the prepatory movement in your t-spine you have no problem with bridge whatsoever.
without it its problematic.

The reason most teachers, trainers, etc... advise against it is because a. most can't do it b. their job to a degree is to not hurt their people
and if they can't do it themselves and they don't know how to do it properly then the likelihood of their people getting hurt is high. Its not bad
that most "experts" avoid this movement, they don't know how to do it properly conceptually and they can't do it personally so they're right to stay away from it.
What's bad is they can't admit the real problem is their lack of understanding of basic load anatomy/physiology and they blame a useful movement instead
of their own ignorance.

My best advice is develop your hand bridge first
a. that will develop more t-spine extension even without specific t-spine work
b. you can use the hand/shoulder strength to modulate the load on your neck when you decide to load your neck bridge
c. developing your hand bridge, eventually you'll have developed most of the trunk movement involved in the head bridge and you'll have prepared your head/neck
with hand support and then loading your head/neck will be simple and easy.
Essentially the neck bridge is a sort of advanced hand bridge.
The real issue is most folks simply skip the hand bridge part so they don't have the prerequisites for the neck bridge.

Neck bridge is a full body shape its not "lets load our neck with all out body weight"

hand bridge will develop your handstand work as well if you're after that.

Makes sense, if you watch the ATHLEAN-X video he wasn’t anywhere close to the full bridge and performing the loaded head movement, so in that case I can see where the c spine would be placed into too far of an extension.

Holding off on the supine wrestlers bridge until full hand bridge can be attained makes most sense. I also wouldn’t be surprised if sheer volume could account for problems as well. I don’t see why one would want to perform 1000s of reps of this movement.

I did a prone wrestlers bridge with gently pushing my neck into flexion and it actually felt really good.

I’m still going to be cautious with the amount of flexion and especially extending I do while in the loaded position, but if the c spine is in a neutral or slightly flexed position and loaded, I can’t rationally see how that movement if properly loaded is anymore dangerous than a squat....

jitsmonkey

Makes sense, if you watch the ATHLEAN-X video he wasn’t anywhere close to the full bridge and performing the loaded head movement, so in that case I can see where the c spine would be placed into too far of an extension.

Holding off on the supine wrestlers bridge until full hand bridge can be attained makes most sense. I also wouldn’t be surprised if sheer volume could account for problems as well. I don’t see why one would want to perform 1000s of reps of this movement.

I did a prone wrestlers bridge with gently pushing my neck into flexion and it actually felt really good.

I’m still going to be cautious with the amount of flexion and especially extending I do while in the loaded position, but if the c spine is in a neutral or slightly flexed position and loaded, I can’t rationally see how that movement if properly loaded is anymore dangerous than a squat....

in the simplest vernacular
the end range of cervical spine extension or flexion is not a maximal weight bearing position.
just be aware of that and you solve most of the issue.
its probably easier to grasp from a flexion perspective
if you're if your chin is on your chest when in fwd/prone bridge you're not getting enough movement/contribution
from your t-spine. same is true in the extended position. Your t-spine gives you the angle of approach
if your t-spine moves poorly your angle of approach will be poor and to make up the difference you'll over extend or over flex
and place those structures under loads they're not designed for. THAT is a bad idea. A bridge however is not.
This distinction is a distinction that will NEVER be made because of a Cert. Without exaggerating 95+% of certified trainers do not know this.
nearly 100% of docs don't either. Cert = paid and passed.

sounds like you're approaching this sensibly you'll be fine just don't force things and be honest with yourself before you load your neck fully. There's good stuff out there. Don't believe someone who tells you its bad/forbidden and don't believe someone who tells you its totally safe and harmless. Its neither.

Runenight201

in the simplest vernacular
the end range of cervical spine extension or flexion is not a maximal weight bearing position.
just be aware of that and you solve most of the issue.
its probably easier to grasp from a flexion perspective
if you're if your chin is on your chest when in fwd/prone bridge you're not getting enough movement/contribution
from your t-spine. same is true in the extended position. Your t-spine gives you the angle of approach
if your t-spine moves poorly your angle of approach will be poor and to make up the difference you'll over extend or over flex
and place those structures under loads they're not designed for. THAT is a bad idea. A bridge however is not.
This distinction is a distinction that will NEVER be made because of a Cert. Without exaggerating 95+% of certified trainers do not know this.
nearly 100% of docs don't either. Cert = paid and passed.

sounds like you're approaching this sensibly you'll be fine just don't force things and be honest with yourself before you load your neck fully. There's good stuff out there. Don't believe someone who tells you its bad/forbidden and don't believe someone who tells you its totally safe and harmless. Its neither.

Yea I like training out of the box anyways, kind of like that Ido portal stuff, but not exclusively just that, because resistance training is such a faster way to gain strength.

I like his approach tho. There is no right or wrong movements, which in a sense is correct, so long as the joints aren’t pushed past their ROM and loaded with forces they can’t handle.

Most of the time if you stick with bodyweight loading, then it’s hard to cause injury, because the body is meant to use its joints through their full range of motion.

But the exercise physiologist are obsessed with optimal loading and angles for maximal strength...it’s so boring. I like dance, movement, art, it’s all much more visually pleasing, inspiring, and beautiful.

jitsmonkey

Yea I like training out of the box anyways, kind of like that Ido portal stuff, but not exclusively just that, because resistance training is such a faster way to gain strength.

I like his approach tho. There is no right or wrong movements, which in a sense is correct, so long as the joints aren’t pushed past their ROM and loaded with forces they can’t handle.

Most of the time if you stick with bodyweight loading, then it’s hard to cause injury, because the body is meant to use its joints through their full range of motion.

But the exercise physiologist are obsessed with optimal loading and angles for maximal strength...it’s so boring. I like dance, movement, art, it’s all much more visually pleasing, inspiring, and beautiful.

I agree.
Your movement is either a form of self expression or an attempt to justify your existence.
I prefer the former. Nobody I've ever choked nor anything heavy I've ever lifted asked me for a cert or for my OLA calcs beforehand.

Oh and just for the record I'm almost certain this thread got hijacked.
And I'm almost equally certain it started with something something something Shaolin Monks.o_O:woot:

Luckytype

The true EP shouldwould look at segmental movement before looking at a closed chain application of a compression loaded tangentally loaded neck exercise. As far as practical application in younger healthier groups that are by all means athletic, its fine provided people are learning how to bridge correctly because the reality is in grappling we use our heads and necks as a limb and as a post to move around.

Rarely will you ever seen someone who isnt spacially aware of their body in space using their head as a way to reposition their body which is why a bridge is what it is. For layman gym goers its a waste of time considering the overall lack of upper spine mobility and control anyway. Its probably a cool factor at play for the vid.

As far as athlene ehhx - its so so. You can see he misses fundamental stuff in some situations, but he does market reasonably well and he does bro appeal. There are some pieces which are like "whos he getting this from"

And this is RP forum, everything gets jack moved

DavidGardner

There is no way to predict the possible interactions between 36 supplements. If you start having any unexplained negative symptoms you will have to drop all of these supplements until you can isolate which one caused the side effects. And even then you will not really know if it was just the one or a combination of, say, three. I don't even see how most of these supplements are going to help you.

I really don't know. I eat a proper diet for a hobbyist bodybuilder, so I get lots of stuff. What do you recommend for calcium? Which supplements at what dosages?

It is prudent to have a thorough understanding of your micronutrient intakes before supplementing vitamins or minerals. That means using Cronometer to get a feel for what your dietary intakes are like rather than just assuming that you eat well and have all your bases covered. By the way, 50 mg of calcium is not even worth spending your money on. The potassium, chloride, and sodium numbers don't make sense either, as they are all very low.

You still have not inputted anything specific about your diet yet, or did I miss a post?

olive

Adjustments:

50-100 IU/kg vitamin D3
5-9 mg vitamin K2 MK-4
400-600 mg chelated/TRAACS magnesium
1:2 calcium:magnesium
10 mg tri-boron

12-24 mg silicon (from monomethylsilanetriol)
4g MSM flakes (split across 2 servings)
4:1 MSM:C

MSM lotion
This is the correct advice.
+ explosive movements (oly lifts, sprints, etc)

It’s also important to keep estrogen low

The above will give nice slow growth in combination with repeatedly smashing the bones you want to grow to cause microfractures, repeat every 3 weeks or so.

However if you want to really grow bones the answer is high dose nandrolone and HGH/peptides.

Also look into a palatial expender like biobloc. As your palette expands cheekbones will push forward.

Douglas Ek

Yes, I have a girlfriend. I showed her my pill cabinet and she said I was "full of surprises". She knows I'm a bit "out there", so it's all good.

I have a calendar and google sheets file for my pills and also a special box where you divide them by times of day.

You don't understand. I need dense bones on my FACE. Weightlifting won't help with that.

You can't train cheekbones and jaw in gym.

Its genetics or steroids. Other than you could porbably reduce your supplement list down to vitamin D, K, E, A (estroban) and calcium, magnesium and eat Foods like eggs and dairy. I would be suprised if anything happened though by just taking supplements. If you wanna change something dramatic as the bone structure of your face i only know of stronger anabolic steroids being able to do this

Douglas Ek

There is no way to predict the possible interactions between 36 supplements. If you start having any unexplained negative symptoms you will have to drop all of these supplements until you can isolate which one caused the side effects. And even then you will not really know if it was just the one or a combination of, say, three. I don't even see how most of these supplements are going to help you.

It is prudent to have a thorough understanding of your micronutrient intakes before supplementing vitamins or minerals. That means using Cronometer to get a feel for what your dietary intakes are like rather than just assuming that you eat well and have all your bases covered. By the way, 50 mg of calcium is not even worth spending your money on. The potassium, chloride, and sodium numbers don't make sense either, as they are all very low.

You still have not inputted anything specific about your diet yet, or did I miss a post?

I can bet money that he will have to stop and that it wont br sustainable. Either from developing allergic reactions problems with filllers or just making an inbalance of nutrients in the body. Ever heard of homeostasis

OP
B

BONE

Adjustments:

50-100 IU/kg vitamin D3
5-9 mg vitamin K2 MK-4
10 mg tri-boron

MSM lotion
Could you tell me why exactly these units and these proportions? Have you had success with this?

OP
B

BONE

Adjustments:

50-100 IU/kg vitamin D3
5-9 mg vitamin K2 MK-4
10 mg tri-boron

MSM lotion
Can you clarify more on these?

Where to buy and why exactly these proportions? Have you had success with this stack in growing facial bone volume? Thanks

OP
B

BONE

I am 6 in my K2, D3, calcium, silicon, glucosamine megadosing journey. If I don't update the threat for more than a few months, it means I have died.

Bone volume or DEATH!

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
This is called the bonesmash theory on Lookism forums. Couldn't get myself to do it. Just smashing your chin and cheekbones with a hammer.

Shaolin monks also have special (as in, you won't find it on amazon) concoctions of herbs they apply after doing this and it's an ability you acquire over years starting with soft wooden broom looking things. Actually the first thread I saw on lookism was someone trying to break their nose to get it to regrow in a certain way and that put me off of it instantly lmfao

Runenight201

I think sustained pressure in a certain area for extended periods of time is the best exercise to strengthen and thicken. Blood pools up in that area and provides an abundance of nutrients to the cells. As more and more blood pools it swells up the cells, causing them to extend their walls beyond what they would normally experience. When the pressure is released the cells return to their normal size, but when optimally stimulated, they begin to adapt to the new swollen norm and grow as a result.

Of course, the diet must be nourishing to appropriately grow the cell in response to the new stimulus, or else it will not be able adapt and will remain the same.

Quelsatron

This is called the bonesmash theory on Lookism forums. Couldn't get myself to do it. Just smashing your chin and cheekbones with a hammer.
yeah maybe if you lightly tap a cutting board over the spot with a small hammer lmao

ursidae

Great, and how will you precisely target both cheekbones and suborbitals in such a precise, equal force targeted action? It cannot be done. All hope is K2 megadose adding bone mass.
IMO the only somewhat safe solution past a certain age + Le Fort I which has risks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom