Criticisms of the Ray Peat pro-metabolic bioenergetic nutrition strategy

Jon2547

Do I have five hours to invest in watching these three videos. :jawdrop: I will wait for the index cards.

yerrag

Hi, what laboratory test for blood sugar?

I dont know why I dont get fat and I drink lots of softdrinks ( no artificial sweetener)

A 5hr OGTT (oral glucose tolerance test).

It's hard to find a 5hr OGTT these days in labs. You can find a 2 hr or a 3 hr OGTT, which is really useless. But that is characteristic of our failed and evil medical system, which makes us spend a lot for nothing. You get zero useful information from these abbreviated tests.

The only way you can get a useful OGTT is to do a 5 hr. OGTT yourself.

But people are more stupid these days also. Tell them to do it themselves, no matter how simple it is, and it doesn't matter if there are instructions, they would say hell no I prefer something as useless as the HbA1c. Because, because, everybody is now using the HbA1c. Despite Ray Peat himself saying the HbA1c is not a good measure of blood sugar health.

yerrag

Hi, what laboratory test for blood sugar?

I dont know why I dont get fat and I drink lots of softdrinks ( no artificial sweetener)
The only soft drink (soda) in the Philippines that has no artificial sweeteners that I know of is Coke. Not all Coke though. What other soda do you drink that has no artificial sweeteners?

The only soft drink (soda) in the Philippines that has no artificial sweeteners that I know of is Coke. Not all Coke though. What other soda do you drink that has no artificial sweeteners?

Coke in can has no Artificial Sweetener. But in plastic bottle it has. Mug rootbeer for a time has none but change its formulation this year. So the only softdrink I drink is 7up because its both No A.S, non-caffeinated.

yerrag

Coke in can has no Artificial Sweetener. But in plastic bottle it has. Mug rootbeer for a time has none but change its formulation this year. So the only softdrink I drink is 7up.
I didn't find a 7Up that had real sugar, but I was looking at the 1.5 and 2 liter bottles. Which size 7Up you referring to.

Real sugar is available only in Coke 500ml and in aluminum cans.

@yerrag
Yes I forgot, the 500ml coke hasreal sugar. The other sizes that indicates less sugar has A.S.

All 7up sizes no artificial sweetener.

IMG_20211123_110629.jpg

yerrag

@yerrag
Yes I forgot, the 500ml coke hasreal sugar. The other sizes that indicates less sugar has A.S.

All 7up sizes no artificial sweetener.

View attachment 30536
That's good. I thought I had checked 7Up but I should look again.

7Up was what my mom gave me to drink to keep me hydrated when I was sick with fever or flu when I was little.

Dr. B

Coke in can has no Artificial Sweetener. But in plastic bottle it has. Mug rootbeer for a time has none but change its formulation this year. So the only softdrink I drink is 7up because its both No A.S, non-caffeinated.
do you mean high fructose corn syrup ? the plastic bottles of coke ive seen only list high fructose corn syrup, no sugar free artificial sweeteners
caffeine is not good?

@Mr.Bollox

There was a time mug rootbeer uses real sugar but change it to HFCS and back to real sugar and now artificial sweetener. If you are drinking it everyday you will have a discerning taste that something change. So im now in a habit of reading ingredients.

LadyRae

Or maybe doing chores like doing laundry, washing dishes, cooking, or doing your routines like jogging, walking, spinning, threadmilling, or surfing the waves, or biking dangerously lol.
I pop in one earbud and listen to podcast when I am puttering around my house. I don't have a YouTube subscription so I can't download stuff and leave my property but there's always a lot going on around here and so I will be listening to these when I'm sitting under my red light or hanging out laundry or cleaning or cooking or whatever ?

Old Irenaeus

I pop in one earbud and listen to podcast when I am puttering around my house. I don't have a YouTube subscription so I can't download stuff and leave my property but there's always a lot going on around here and so I will be listening to these when I'm sitting under my red light or hanging out laundry or cleaning or cooking or whatever ?
Get an app that converts YouTube to mp3 or use a web site converter. Then you can listen without being connected to Wifi.

yerrag

Times when our mind is free are golden.

LadyRae

Times when our mind is free are golden.
? Lovely sentiment! I never take music or listen to anything but nature when I'm out on all my long walks with my sporty young Labrador.

Attachments

• IMG_20220703_044919.jpg
    IMG_20220703_044919.jpg
    864.2 KB · Views: 26