Crispy Potato Knobs

Raypmom

Hello everyone, I'm not usually a frequent poster on here due to being caught up with school, 3 kids and overall the busy of life. (but I am always lurking) My last recipe post here was the peat brownies I adapted from another blogger, some mentioned Cliff also had a similar recipe. Any who I'm back again, with another recipe! My kids and husband all eat Peat style foods, and I'm always trying to come up with ways to make the experience more enjoyable for them(mainly kids). My husband has no choice :lol: If you love the crispiness of the outside of a French fries and the softness of the inside this recipe is for you! I didn't know what else to call them, thats what my kids call them :lol: :lol: Enjoy.

You Need

quality organic potatoes
salt
4 Tablespoons of coconut oil for frying, maybe less. It's not deep frying
few cups of water for boiling potatoes

Directions

Peel, and cut thick circles of the potato's, they should look like large thick coins. (I'm not good at descriptions lol) but the idea is to cut them thick enough so that when they are boiled to softness they don't fall apart. Still keeping their shape. I will attach a photo if I can. Boil them in salted water to your taste, save some room to also salt them again after frying. I usually boil on medium heat for about 20 minutes or use a fork to poke it and if it goes though it's done. Drain them completely. Make sure there is no excess water. On medium, heat the coconut oil and place the circles of potatoes in batches depending on how big your pan is. When it's crispy on one side flip over and do the other side. Be careful, the oil pops for some reason. So don't stand too close. When it's golden and crispy remove them onto another plate, sprinkle with some salt and enjoy. They taste like soft crispy fries and really soft on the inside due to the pre boiling. You would never know they were boiled prior though! My kids love them, I usually serve it with raw cheddar as a snack or aside to our dinners when I make gelatinous cuts of stew, oxtail or lamb shanks. Also good with steaks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 882
OP
R

Raypmom

For sensitive tummies like my son, I drizzle with a tiny bit of amish butter and he has no problems. I myself only have one or two. With large potatos, they are quite a good size and thick for the portion controle. I use refined coconut oil for frying them, I sometimes also drop one inside my bowl of broth just to make it interesting.

OP
R

Raypmom

BingDing said:
Great name, Raypmom! I'm gonna try these for dinner.
:ugeek: Awesome!! Please let me know how you like them. I cook a lot and it will definitely encourage me to share my own raypeat style recipes, I always think people might want to try my cooking because in the peaty world we are different in how we eat compared to other people. Well in some way.

BingDing

Raypmom said:
:lol: :lol:
BingDing said:
Da knobs are great. I'm on a potato jag, had 'em for dinner tonight, too!
Settle down now :)

LOL. I think I got more CO and salt on these than french fries. I sure warmed up, I was like a little space heater.

I made NE Clam Chowder with the leftover spuds, yum!

OP
R

Raypmom

BingDing said:
Raypmom said:
:lol: :lol:
BingDing said:
Da knobs are great. I'm on a potato jag, had 'em for dinner tonight, too!
Settle down now :)

LOL. I think I got more CO and salt on these than french fries. I sure warmed up, I was like a little space heater.

I made NE Clam Chowder with the leftover spuds, yum!

Clam chowder & oyster are very hard for me to find. Do you get them at your local store? Or does everyone buy online ?

BingDing

I used a small can of clam pieces and a jar of clam juice, I think they are both available pretty much everywhere. The premade canned chowders I've tried were pretty bad.