Creatine

berk

One of the reasons to eat some quality meat often.

Muscle meat is the best source of creatine, as far as I know, and I think the amount of creatine in the muscle depends on how hard the muscle was working when it still was in the cow. That would mean that the leaner, tougher cuts of meat have the highest amount of creatine.

Has anybody been able to find a study on the amount of creatine in chicken? I could only find info on beef and lamb.
white meat (pig, chicken, pollock etc) is like white pasta and rice, they are empty kcal sources.
Thats why only red meat has loads of creatine. (and other nutrition's of course)

Last edited:

Jib

What dosages?

2.5 grams creatine
1-2 grams glycine
1 gram beta-alanine
1-2 grams taurine

I'll usually do that twice a day, sometimes three times if I feel I need the extra support. Usually I'll supplement 125mg Jigsaw brand magnesium (1 tablet) and 1 or 2 softgels of phosphatidylcholine along with the drink. The creatine and glycine are the constants. I add the beta-alanine and taurine sometimes.

LeeLemonoil

white meat (pig, chicken, pollock etc) is like white pasta and rice, they are empty kcal sources.
Thats why only red meat has loads of creatine. (and other nutrition's of course)
That’s pollo... bollocks. Of course there are peptides like Creatine, Taurine and so forth, minerals and vitamins in these meats as well. Quantities might differ.

Do you have any source for that claim?

Amazoniac

- Prevention of traumatic headache, dizziness and fatigue with creatine administration. A pilot study

"Cr supplementation increases intramuscular and cerebral stores with both Cr, and its phosphorylated form, phosphocreatine [PCr] (3). The increase of these stores may offer therapeutic benefits by stimulating protein synthesis or reducing protein degradation, stabilizing biological membranes and preventing ATP depletion, which occurs in patients with TBI (4, 5). Recent findings in animal models have demonstrated that Cr affords significant neuroprotection against experimental brain injury (6, 7)."

"A prospective, randomized, comparative, open‐labelled pilot study of the possible neuroprotective effect of Cr was carried out on 39 children and adolescents, aged between 1 and 18 years of age, with TBI. The Cr was administered for 6 months, at a dose of 0.4 g/kg in an oral suspension form every day."

"The administration of Cr to children and adolescents with TBI improved results in several parameters, including duration of post traumatic amnesia (PTA), duration of intubation, intensive care unit stay. Significant improvement was recorded in the categories of headache (p < 0.001), dizziness (p = 0.005) and fatigue (p < 0.001), aspects in all patients. No side effects were seen due to Cr administration."

"Work done in animal models suggested that the mechanical basis for the neuroprotective effects of Cr might involve alterations of the insult‐induced depletions of cellular ATP. Chronic ingestion of Cr results in increased brain levels of PCr (21). Similar results regarding maintenance of cellular ATP levels have been demonstrated in animal models receiving Cr before TBI, particularly the effect of chronic administration of Cr ameliorated the extent of cortical damage by such as 36% in mice and 50% in rats (2). Lactate and free fatty acids, which are markers of secondary cellular injury following TBI, have been found to be lower in animals treated with Cr before TBI (3). Other mechanisms underlying this neuroprotection may involve the maintenance of mitochondrial integrity (22, 23). The Cr action may prevent structural mitochondrial changes, as was shown in experimental work with adult rat cardiomyocytes cultured in Cr‐deficient medium (24). The possible beneficial effect of Cr on mitochondrial function is also demonstrated in different clinical studies about Cr action on mitochondriopathies (22, 23)."​

LeeLemonoil

Astonishing. Why do mitochondria benefit that much from a substance in meat? Have mito ancestors consumed living tissue?

If so, aren’t mitochondria dangerous and should therefore be regulated as drugs?

Really?....I have been using creatine for 30 years and have a full head of hair, despite being on the planet for decades.
Interesting. How much are you using per day? Do you eat a significant amount of meat?

HumanLife

Really?....I have been using creatine for 30 years and have a full head of hair, despite being on the planet for decades.

I think the joke is that everyone is always losing hair and regrowing it back?

I got back to creatine putting it on my yoghurt and mixing it, and it definitely made me very sexually active...

Dave Clark

Interesting. How much are you using per day? Do you eat a significant amount of meat?
I use about one half to a teaspoon full/day, I think that is about 5 grams or so. Started doing it years ago when studies showed it to have benefits to the brain. I am not a body builder, so that wasn't/isn't a reason why I use it. Most recently, I became more interested in it when I read that it helps out with the gut, methylation, etc. Creatine for Gut Health and Mental Health? - Doug Cook RD

sladerunner69

Creatine has surely been on the planet longer than a few decades. And even if it was a novel substance, why would that indicate it causing hairloss? Please don't respond to this comment.

sladerunner69

Creatine is good and would recc at a dosage of 5gram.

Ive been trying it altely because of the study showing athletes using creatine for 4weeks increased DHT by ~55% (I have pfs)

It definitely works for increasing energy and DHT feeling, but it also gives me difficulty breathing.

Ive been trying it altely because of the study showing athletes using creatine for 4weeks increased DHT by ~55% (I have pfs)

It definitely works for increasing energy and DHT feeling, but it also gives me difficulty breathing.

interesting.I saw that mentioned before,this is what i found:

Creatine supplementation exacerbates allergic lung inflammation and airway remodeling in mice.
Vieira RP1, Duarte AC, Claudino RC, Perini A, Santos AB, Moriya HT, Arantes-Costa FM, Martins MA, Carvalho CR, Dolhnikoff M.
Author information
Abstract

Creatine supplement is the most popular nutritional supplement, and has various metabolic functions and sports medicine applications. Creatine supplementation increases muscle mass and can decrease muscular inflammation. Some studies have also suggested a beneficial role of creatine supplementation on chronic pulmonary diseases such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and cystic fibrosis. Among athletes, the prevalence of asthma is high, and many of these individuals may be taking creatine. However, the effects of creatine supplementation on chronic pulmonary diseases of allergic origin have not been investigated. In the present study, we analyzed the effects of creatine supplementation on a model of chronic allergic lung inflammation. Thirty-one Balb/c mice were divided into four groups: control, creatine (Cr), ovalbumin (OVA), and OVA+Cr. OVA and OVA+Cr groups were sensitized with intraperitoneal injections of OVA on Days 0, 14, 28, and 42. OVA challenge (OVA 1%) and Cr treatment (0.5 g/kg/d) were initiated on Day 21 and lasted until Day 53. We determined the index of hyperresponsiveness, the serum levels of OVA-specific immunoglobulin (Ig)E and IgG(1), and the total and differential cell counts in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid. We also quantified airway inflammation, and the airway density of IL-4+, IL-5+, IL-2+, IFN-gamma+, and insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1+ cells, collagen and elastic fibers, and airway smooth muscle thickness. Our results showed that creatine in OVA-sensitized mice increased hyperresponsiveness; eosinophilic inflammation; airway density of IL-4+, IL-5+, and IGF-1 inflammatory cells; airway collagen and elastin content; and smooth muscle thickness. The results show that creatine supplementation exacerbates the lung allergic response to OVA through a T helper cell type 2 pathway and increased IGF-1 expression.

dont know what to make of it.
maybe you have some kind of allergic kindling or sensitization going on.

Amazoniac

Astonishing. Why do mitochondria benefit that much from a substance in meat? Have mito ancestors consumed living tissue?

If so, aren’t mitochondria dangerous and should therefore be regulated as drugs?
Lee, I can't tell if you're joking.
↳ [7] Creatine maintains intestinal homeostasis and protects against colitis

"During inflammation, the intestinal epithelium exhibits increased hypoxic stress, which requires metabolic alterations to maintain the barrier function of this tissue (3234). DSS is a metabolic stressor of epithelial cells. Creatine may provide an energy buffer in the face of acutely increased energy requirements; it also facilitates the transfer of high-energy phosphate from the mitochondria to the cytosol via the phosphocreatine shuttle, which may be important during the regeneration of the mucosal barrier. We have shown that a missense mutation in the catalytic site of GATM causes impairment of epithelial integrity and an increased susceptibility to DSS-induced colitis. To date, no association between human IBD and SNPs of GATM or other creatine pathway genes has been identified, although creatine kinase levels have been found to be low in chronic IBD patients (35, 36). The loss of creatine in vivo leads to increased epithelial cell death and colitis, directly linking energy metabolism to intestinal homeostasis. This unique mutation affects energy metabolism in the colon and subsequently leads to colitis susceptibility. During inflammatory stress, creatine serves as a protective factor to prevent cell death and maintain proliferative responses. The creatine pathway reflects a critical protective mechanism by which cells are able to survive both acute and chronic metabolic deficiencies."​

Have you tried with a good form of magnesium? Its lack should lead to decreased sudstrate available for the enzyme and you can't maximize its benefit.
- Role of the phosphocreatine system on energetic homeostasis in skeletal and cardiac muscles

Last edited:

Kunstruct

Yeah the only study that claims raising DHT and ever since no one bothered to make a new proper study.
Never had difficult breathing from Creatine even at 20grams per day, I cannot feel more "energy" from creatine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals