Creatine

DaveFoster

I have used creatine and it definitely works.
Ray peat said creatine is fine to take as long as you get it from a clean manufacture

Peat thinks it's fine I believe as long as no impurities.
Dr. Peat doesn't take creatine.

I wish Dr. Peat would say what he thinks constitutes a supplement free from impurities. Some people have allergic reactions to creatine, so they're probably not pure.

Luckytype

If creatine increases water retention, isn't it a proof that it increases estrogen/cortisol/adrenaline/serotonin and reduces Carbon Dioxyde?

If this is true then intramuscular glycogen(glucose stored with water) does the same. Intramuscular fuels happened to be stored with water, that doesnt mean it "increases water retention" in the classic sense of it.

There is a cool super compensation phenomenon where carb depleted physique athletes carb up along with their salt intakeand keep water the same or less to pull from their own bodies. The result is hard dry muscle with low to water retention under the skin. If they eat a bit too much they ""spill over" and get watery skin.

When i was eating competitively here and there and when I was being stupid as far as food intake during beach season I can distinctly recall the super compensation and recall the spillovers that took probably 3-4 days to get back to non watery skin.

As a reference I think all the CREATINE INCREASES DHT stuff is likely a product of the ability to train a bit longer thus increasing stimulation > stress response.

I wish I knew more about how everyone looks at creatine. The stuff is wonderful from a sports performance perspective along with beta alanine

ddjd

If this is true then intramuscular glycogen(glucose stored with water) does the same. Intramuscular fuels happened to be stored with water, that doesnt mean it "increases water retention" in the classic sense of it.

There is a cool super compensation phenomenon where carb depleted physique athletes carb up along with their salt intakeand keep water the same or less to pull from their own bodies. The result is hard dry muscle with low to water retention under the skin. If they eat a bit too much they ""spill over" and get watery skin.

When i was eating competitively here and there and when I was being stupid as far as food intake during beach season I can distinctly recall the super compensation and recall the spillovers that took probably 3-4 days to get back to non watery skin.

As a reference I think all the CREATINE INCREASES DHT stuff is likely a product of the ability to train a bit longer thus increasing stimulation > stress response.

I wish I knew more about how everyone looks at creatine. The stuff is wonderful from a sports performance perspective along with beta alanine
Beta alanine ****88 me up after a year of a gram a day. My body felt like it was 90 years old. I was taking so many things it took me a few months to work out it was the beta alanine.

With regards to creatine purity, "Creapure" from Germany is awesome

ddjd

Creatine works great and in addition to the fitness gains it can help protect against head trauma. For people that have found that it doesnt work this usually involves not enough B vits in the diet. Eat your liver, kids! zzzzzzzzz
B6 is particularly important I've found and not the p5p version. Only the pyridoxine hydrochloride works effectively alongside creatine. Without it I get headaches and nose bleeds when taking creatine. With regular b6 i get none of that. Amazing what a difference it is.

ddjd

Why did the beta alanine **** you up?
just noticed how my whole body ached and felt so stiff. lots of back pain. never taken it again since. I was using it because it initially seemed like such a good antihistamine.

Motif

Ok, Crazy.

just noticed how my whole body ached and felt so stiff. lots of back pain. never taken it again since. I was using it because it initially seemed like such a good antihistamine.

And as a antihistamine it worked ?

schultz

I've been thinking about getting creatine lately so I'm going to have to read these. I posted a study way back on some thread showing creatine increased lifespan, I think by lowering lipofuscin. That in itself is worth taking it.

As a side note, I found this neat little paper: An Overview of the Role of Lipofuscin in Age-Related Neurodegeneration

Amazoniac

"To date, the GI benefits of creatine have not been well studied. Two reports in 1999 and 2000 suggested that creatine might inhibit colon cancer growth.7,8 More recently, a murine study showed that the enzymes involved in creatine metabolism, the CKs, are coupled to the apical junctional complex of intestinal epithelium and maintain gut barrier function.9 When the CK pathway was disrupted in colitis models, junctional assembly and barrier integrity were compromised. Dietary creatine supplementation, however, significantly attenuated the severity of colitis. Most interestingly, special staining of colon biopsy sections from human IBD patients showed altered expression of mitochondrial and cytosolic CK enzymes and an overall decrease in transcript levels of CK. These findings highlight the important role played by creatine metabolism in intestinal mucosal function and colitis resolution.

While clinical trials are now underway to study the effects of dietary creatine on mucosal inflammation in IBD, ours is the first reported case of a patient with IBD who experienced significant clinical improvement with creatine supplementation.10 Importantly, we have documented worsening symptoms and mucosal ulceration/inflammation when creatine was stopped, followed by improvement in both parameters with the reinstitution of creatine monotherapy."​

Creatine and nothing else.

Last edited:

ExCarniv

I feel really good on Creatine, besides mess my sleep a bit, but next day I have plenty of energy so I don't worry about it yet.

My current stack is:

Magnesium
Creatine
B Complex
K2

Jib

After reading here (I'm compound heterozygous C677T and A1298C), I've been taking creatine:

Start Here for MTHFR and Methylation

For people like me with MTHFR gene mutations, extra creatine may be especially helpful, "to cut the demand for methyl groups in half and thereby conserve methylfolate even further."

I take it in grape juice, often with a couple grams of glycine. The "full stack" would be: creatine, glycine, taurine, beta-alanine, then magnesium malate and phosphatidylcholine taken as pills. I've been inconsistent with the taurine and beta-alanine lately, but the creatine + glycine + magnesium + phosphatidylcholine combo seems to be helping quite a bit lately with my depression and overall mood.

Jing

I take it in grape juice, often with a couple grams of glycine. The "full stack" would be: creatine, glycine, taurine, beta-alanine, then magnesium malate and phosphatidylcholine taken as pills. I've been inconsistent with the taurine and beta-alanine lately, but the creatine + glycine + magnesium + phosphatidylcholine combo seems to be helping quite a bit lately with my depression and overall mood.
What dosages?

One of the reasons to eat some quality meat often.

Muscle meat is the best source of creatine, as far as I know, and I think the amount of creatine in the muscle depends on how hard the muscle was working when it still was in the cow. That would mean that the leaner, tougher cuts of meat have the highest amount of creatine.

Has anybody been able to find a study on the amount of creatine in chicken? I could only find info on beef and lamb.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals