Creatine

Peatit

If creatine increases water retention, isn't it a proof that it increases estrogen/cortisol/adrenaline/serotonin and reduces Carbon Dioxyde?
I'm inclined to think in the same way, it would be great if someone with good biochemical knowledge could chime in.
Synthesis of creatine and phosphatidylcholine are the two major consumers of methyl donors
Isn't it a good thing to consume methyl donors in order to limit DNA methylation for example?

Drareg

If creatine increases water retention, isn't it a proof that it increases estrogen/cortisol/adrenaline/serotonin and reduces Carbon Dioxyde?

Great insight, the research on DHT increasing as a result of creating use has not being replicated,I'm not sure the study was very good.
Peat was asked about creatine somewhere and he said he thinks it's safe? I'm not 100% though..
Creatine does have an effect though, by all accounts the loading phase is not necessary.

AJC

I'm thinking that the increased water retention in this case refers specifically to muscle tissue and is mediated by increased ATP production. I think this is the reason people's muscles become "hard" (similar sounding to reports made in the 11-ketoDHT thread about the effects of DHT supplementation). This seems very different to me than the water retention in tissues in general (edema) due to stress hormones.

cyclops

Anyone taking creatine? Does it make your face puffy/bloated? Or is that a myth?

BibleBeliever

Anyone taking creatine? Does it make your face puffy/bloated? Or is that a myth?
I cycle it. I find it makes my quads a lot larger. Often deeper voice, stronger desire to work out and greatly increased sexual desire.
I have only seen steroid users get that weird puffy face thing, not sure what causes that.

cyclops

I cycle it. I find it makes my quads a lot larger. Often deeper voice, stronger desire to work out and greatly increased sexual desire.
I have only seen steroid users get that weird puffy face thing, not sure what causes that.

Nice results. What is your cycling schedule like? How much do you take?

BibleBeliever

Usually only 3-5 grams once or twice a day. Do it for a few weeks, then stop for a month or two. I only stop because the effects from it seem to diminish/stop.

superhuman

creatine is good and the most research supplement. Just take 3-5g daily then you want get all the bloating and water retention. It will take longer to fully saturate the stores but make it much better and comfertable

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals