Creatine Lowers Myostatin

Drareg

If you listened to Danny Roddy and Georgi you may have heard the talking about myostatin a how mutations in the genome can lead to lower myostatin production and induce hypertrophy-Myostatin - Wikipedia

The below study shows creatine in the regular dosing routine of 30g loading and 5g thereafter can lower myostatin ,it may explain creatine’s effect on muscle growth combined with resistance training.

Effects of oral creatine and resistance training on serum myostatin and GASP-1 - ScienceDirect

"Myostatin is a catabolic regulator of skeletal muscle mass. The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of resistance training for 8 weeks in conjunction with creatine supplementation on muscle strength, lean body mass, and serum levels of myostatin and growth and differentiation factor-associated serum protein-1 (GASP-1). In a double-blinded design 27 healthy male subjects (23.42 ± 2.2 years) were assigned to control (CON), resistance training + placebo (RT + PL) and resistance training + creatine supplementation (RT + CR) groups. The protocol consisted of 3 days per week of training for 8 weeks, each session including three sets of 8–10 repetitions at 60–70% of 1 RM for whole-body exercise. Blood sampling, muscular strength testing and body composition analysis (full body DEXA) were performed at 0, 4th and 8th weeks. Myostatin and GASP-1 was measured. Resistance training caused significant decrease in serum levels of myostatin and increase in that of GASP-1. Creatine supplementation in conjunction with resistance training lead to greater decreases in serum myostatin (p < 0.05), but had not additional effect on GASP-1 (p > 0.05). The effects of resistance training on serum levels of myostatin and GASP-1, may explain the increased muscle mass that is amplified by creatine supplementation".

LeeLemonoil

Creatine has given me nothing but positive effects since years. Clear benefits in strength, endurance and mood. But cycling it was more effective for me than taking it continuously

Creatine is very nice indeed, and also Glycine sparing.

"Experiments used up to 20g/d,which isnt needed,i would rec for 5g/d permanently,without loading dosage.Maximum 10g/d.There is some type of repression going on,and if you drop your substitution,you will produce less for up to six months.But it is a very safe and thoroughly researched compound,Creapure is said to be highest Q.For comparison,it is stated that two pounds of raw beef contain 5grams of Creatine.Depends how much we believe we have evolved smaller necessary amounts.I guess not much,and 5g(lol) to 10g is physiologic exogenous intake."

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Creatine has given me nothing but positive effects since years. Clear benefits in strength, endurance and mood. But cycling it was more effective for me than taking it continuously

I agree, the guy over at suppversity posted some good studies about its effectiveness, using it directly after a workout is better ,it’s even better doing this with bicarbonate of soda combined.

Mauritio

What do you mean by cycling ? Taken every 3 days , or do a cycle of a couple weeks ?

LeeLemonoil

What do you mean by cycling ? Taken every 3 days , or do a cycle of a couple weeks ?

I take it „on demand“. Sometimes before a match, sometimes before a training session, sometimes when I haven’t eaten much meat.
But also vice versa. When eaten lots of meat no Crea. Or when I want to induce autophagy taking crea is a no-go.
Taking it for weeks at a time seems stupid to me excep maybe for young bodybuilders or pro-athletes

Mauritio

I take it „on demand“. Sometimes before a match, sometimes before a training session, sometimes when I haven’t eaten much meat.
But also vice versa. When eaten lots of meat no Crea. Or when I want to induce autophagy taking crea is a no-go.
Taking it for weeks at a time seems stupid to me excep maybe for young bodybuilders or pro-athletes
Peat said every third day is alright , even for muscle building .

LeeLemonoil

I’d agree with that. 3-5g should be enough.
Besides tried and true monohydrat both Creatine Malate and Creatine Ketoglutarat are interesting because of them providing these energy metabolisms- metabolites. Can’t tell for certain what would be longterm ramifications of supplementing them though

Dr. B

when/where did he comment on creatine? I asked him about it but may have mentioned other substances and he gave a general answer saying almost all supplements do more harm than good or something
or he said supplements almost always do more harm than good

Creatine is very nice indeed, and also Glycine sparing.

"Experiments used up to 20g/d,which isnt needed,i would rec for 5g/d permanently,without loading dosage.Maximum 10g/d.There is some type of repression going on,and if you drop your substitution,you will produce less for up to six months.But it is a very safe and thoroughly researched compound,Creapure is said to be highest Q.For comparison,it is stated that two pounds of raw beef contain 5grams of Creatine.Depends how much we believe we have evolved smaller necessary amounts.I guess not much,and 5g(lol) to 10g is physiologic exogenous intake."

isnt it also choline/methionine and arginine sparing?

Sitaruîm

when/where did he comment on creatine? I asked him about it but may have mentioned other substances and he gave a general answer saying almost all supplements do more harm than good or something
or he said supplements almost always do more harm than good

isnt it also choline/methionine and arginine sparing?
@redsun any ideas?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals