Cravings For Cigarettes: Why?

D

Deleted member 5487

Man, I really seem to have gotten myself addicted to cigs. I still have a hard time believing a few a day is that bad for me. I mean, why would my body be craving something that is bad for me? I'm pretty healthy otherwise.

First off switch over to dip if u can, much less harmful, but also less beneficial. I smoke when I drink or like during finals week, then dip 2-3 times a day normally.

Need for and addiction to Tobacco largely depends on the health of the individual. My roommate eats Once a day and loads himself up with PUFAS, the kid has a dip in all day and when he drinks, I cannot even begin to keep up with him on cigs. I find the sicker and lower income populations burn through cigs at such a rate because they are in such compromised metabolic/mental states.

When I quit, It is largely unintentionally.

Go out on a night on a town with a fresh pack, start drinking early like 6 and stay out till 2, crush the whole pack and get hammered.(you need to be drunk, very drunk). You will not even think about nicotine the next day. Then you can keep off it quite easily. ***t gets hard on day 3-4 as cognition starts to slip off. Then you need to get to a track/gym and sprint as fast as you possibly can 4-5 times for 80 yards are so, and do this every other day. This will force the body to adapt and is very metabolically stimulating. Only way I have found to quit.

If u just decide to quit one day and sit around or do your normal day, you will relapse again and again and again. U need to get crafty

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveFoster

I find the sicker and lower income populations burn through cigs at such a rate because they are in such compromised metabolic/mental states.
Lifestyle stress in general (in addition to the stress of learning, and particularly academic rigor) necessitates some use of these drugs to succeed, although there's a minority of people who find no need to self-medicate, and they often structure their lives around supportive peer groups, churches (as with Mormons in particular), and so on.

My flatmate always tells me how wealth allows for health, and while you certainly can buy better food, he argues that rich people can afford medical care, but anyone who's familiar with statistics knows that long-term care (particularly psychiatric care) tends to shorten the healthspans and lifespans.

It's ironic that all these drug (tobacco) taxes would disproportionately harm the poor, but I suppose the incentive would be to direct people toward antidepressants.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

Cannabis. Truly God's Gift to Mankind. And I never developed an addiction to it, unlike tobacco.
Do you smoke it regularly, and does it help you with your mood? I hear many lose their motivation over time and become complacent, maybe due to the anti-androgenic effects.

DaveFoster

kayumochi

Do you smoke it regularly, and does it help you with your mood? I hear many lose their motivation over time and become complacent, maybe due to the anti-androgenic effects.

I used edibles most nights of the week over a three year period, and it was a blessing as it helped me sleep and unwind during a time when I really needed help. I don't need it anymore so gave it up. I know quite a few successful people who have replaced pharmaceuticals with cannabis and all but one of them are highly motivated individuals.

Frankdee20

cyclops

First off switch over to dip if u can, much less harmful, but also less beneficial. I smoke when I drink or like during finals week, then dip 2-3 times a day normally.

Why is dip (which is gross) not as beneficial as cigarettes?

D

Deleted member 5487

Why is dip (which is gross) not as beneficial as cigarettes?

I don't have access to all the different compounds in tobacco, but dip is similar to using a patch/gum/vape. The nicotine is there, but "something is missing" which I hear from friends and experienced myself.

It's all the different compounds in the tobacco smoke increasing mood/youth hormones/dopamine/moa-inhibitors. Similar to how caffeine isolate, is so different then a cup of coffee, and an energy drink containing taurine/ginseng/guara feels different then coffee.

D

Deleted member 5487

Lifestyle stress in general (in addition to the stress of learning, and particularly academic rigor) necessitates some use of these drugs to succeed, although there's a minority of people who find no need to self-medicate, and they often structure their lives around supportive peer groups, churches (as with Mormons in particular), and so on.

My flatmate always tells me how wealth allows for health, and while you certainly can buy better food, he argues that rich people can afford medical care, but anyone who's familiar with statistics knows that long-term care (particularly psychiatric care) tends to shorten the healthspans and lifespans.

It's ironic that all these drug (tobacco) taxes would disproportionately harm the poor, but I suppose the incentive would be to direct people toward antidepressants.

You seem to be dismissing the stress relieving benefits of being wealthy.

The food and healthcare are very minimal in the overall health benefits of wealth. The stress of paying for things/children/future/insurance/house/car/debts/credit cards/working long hours/bosses= lead people into eating poorly and drastically increase stress hormones which hinders health in the long term. They also self medicate with booze.

I don't know your age, but i assure you money is the biggest stress of the "real world".
Wealth=Health.

cyclops

I don't have access to all the different compounds in tobacco, but dip is similar to using a patch/gum/vape. The nicotine is there, but "something is missing" which I hear from friends and experienced myself.

It's all the different compounds in the tobacco smoke increasing mood/youth hormones/dopamine/moa-inhibitors. Similar to how caffeine isolate, is so different then a cup of coffee, and an energy drink containing taurine/ginseng/guara feels different then coffee.

I thought dip was just tobacco that you chew and cigarettes are just tobacco that you smoke. For me at least because I'd smoke 100% tobacco cigarettes, not a brand with additives. So it's kind of like comparing drinking a cup of coffee to another way of consuming it (I don't know can you smoke coffee lol). But maybe the method of consumption leads itself absorbing different things. When people pack an average "lip" of dip, I think it has much nicotine then 1 cigarette.

D

Deleted member 5487

I thou
ght dip was just tobacco that you chew and cigarettes are just tobacco that you smoke. For me at least because I'd smoke 100% tobacco cigarettes, not a brand with additives. So it's kind of like comparing drinking a cup of coffee to another way of consuming it (I don't know can you smoke coffee lol). But maybe the method of consumption leads itself absorbing different things. When people pack an average "lip" of dip, I think it has much nicotine then 1 cigarette.

I am comparing straight caffeine powder to drinking coffee, both have caffeine but one has alot of other compounds. I never mentioned smoking coffee?

Their is dip and chew and snus. Dip(american) sits in the lip with minimal spitting, the leave are fermented and mildly carcogenic. Chew is loose leafs in the cheek that pulls nasty dark spits commonly seen in movies/westerns. Snus-made sweden- is Steamed, sits in the upper lip, commonly in small patchs, little to NO carcingenic activity, the spit can be swallowed without stomach irration due to the leaves being STEAMED rather then fermented, much less toxic then dip.

Snus is the best way to quite smoking indefinitely, because it still offers some of the other tobacco chemicals that make cigs so much more addicting then just nicotine itself. More effective then gums/patch.

general swedish snus - Google Search:

Yes dip delievers larger loads of nicotine over longer times, there are heavily toxic chemicals in it from the fermenting process that makes it so heavy/grimy buzz.

DaveFoster

I used edibles most nights of the week over a three year period, and it was a blessing as it helped me sleep and unwind during a time when I really needed help. I don't need it anymore so gave it up. I know quite a few successful people who have replaced pharmaceuticals with cannabis and all but one of them are highly motivated individuals.
That's good info, thank you.

DaveFoster

You seem to be dismissing the stress relieving benefits of being wealthy.

The food and healthcare are very minimal in the overall health benefits of wealth. The stress of paying for things/children/future/insurance/house/car/debts/credit cards/working long hours/bosses= lead people into eating poorly and drastically increase stress hormones which hinders health in the long term. They also self medicate with booze.

I don't know your age, but i assure you money is the biggest stress of the "real world".
Wealth=Health.
I agree, but a fool and his money are soon parted, and compared to humanity's past, there's a huge amount of upward mobility in the West. Their choices of modalities for self-medication will encourage their movement in a particular direction.

cyclops

I am comparing straight caffeine powder to drinking coffee, both have caffeine but one has alot of other compounds. I never mentioned smoking coffee?

I thought you were making an analogy that dip is to cigarettes what caffeine powder is to coffee. That doesn't make sense to me because I don't think dip is an isolated compound like caffeine powder. I thought Dip was tobacco in your mouth and a cigarette is tobacco that you smoke. So if you were to compare it to coffee, it be like drinking coffee vs consuming that same (whole) coffee in some other way.

cyclops

Their is dip and chew and snus. Dip(american) sits in the lip with minimal spitting, the leave are fermented and mildly carcogenic. Chew is loose leafs in the cheek that pulls nasty dark spits commonly seen in movies/westerns. Snus-made sweden- is Steamed, sits in the upper lip, commonly in small patchs, little to NO carcingenic activity, the spit can be swallowed without stomach irration due to the leaves being STEAMED rather then fermented, much less toxic then dip.

Snus is the best way to quite smoking indefinitely, because it still offers some of the other tobacco chemicals that make cigs so much more addicting then just nicotine itself. More effective then gums/patch.

Good info...thanks.

steel_reserve

I have smoked maybe five cigarettes in my life.

When someone lights up next to me, that fresh, hot smoke smells sooooooooo good.

I really want to smoke but it makes me dizzy.

X3CyO

after eating carrageenan; possibly gums. irritating food causes cravings.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals