Craving Raw Beef But Not Cooked?

Prosper

What is lost in the process? I think minerals stay intact. B12 I get from cheese, zinc too. Perhaps some other b vitamin?

T

tca300

tenor (1).gif

dfspcc20

What is lost in the process? I think minerals stay intact. B12 I get from cheese, zinc too. Perhaps some other b vitamin?

B6 can get degraded, from what I remember. Taurine as well.

yerrag

Enzymes in meat are destroyed, The enzymes lost aid in digestion. Instead of relying on the enzymes in meat to help digestion, the body has to produce digestive enzymes from the pancreas. This would be considered added work by the pancreas. I don't know if this is true, but I book I read on enzymes says that our body has a limited store of enzymes it produces in one's lifetime, so it's best to conserve them. So, if one were to eat raw meat, the body won't have to produce digestive enzymes for the meat to help digest the meat, and the enzyme stores are conserved. If less enzymes were produced for digestion, more enzymes would be available to support other bodily functions.

I once thought of just eating raw meat, but have never gotten around to doing it. I think I have to get a good supply of meat, and then freeze them for about two weeks, and I'll be good to go. I like the carpaccio taste, with lemon and some salt. Also like ceviche, where fish is used.

But I wouldn't eat carpaccio using meat from the regular slaughterhouses in the US. Plenty of chance to get contaminated with feces, which is why in this case cooked is a lot better.