Craving Linoleic, But Not Arachidonic

lvysaur

Occasionally I do crave linoleate-heavy foods, like fried fish and mayonnaise. Admittedly this may not be due to the linoleate itself, and maybe I would crave them just as much if they were made with MUFA, like flavorless olive oil.

However, I find myself repulsed by arachidonate-heavy foods. Things like chicken thighs and ham hocks are absolutely disgusting to me most of the time. Chicken and pork are both arachidonate-heavy meats, and lower body parts have an even higher % PUFA than upper body ones.

Does linoleic acid serve any function in the body that would not be accomplished by arachidonic acid? If PUFA are bad, I should at least be reacting to PUFA in a consistent manner, but it seems not.

You sense that there is linoleic acid in mayonaise or used to fryed chicken? that's an amazing skill you got there :P

Maybe you dislike the ARA, coz it promotes type 2 immune responses?

"Free ARA and metabolites promote and modulate type 2 immune responses, which are critically important in resistance to parasites and allergens insult, directly via action on eosinophils, basophils, and mast cells and indirectly by binding to specific receptors on innate lymphoid cells." - click

fradon

Occasionally I do crave linoleate-heavy foods, like fried fish and mayonnaise. Admittedly this may not be due to the linoleate itself, and maybe I would crave them just as much if they were made with MUFA, like flavorless olive oil.

However, I find myself repulsed by arachidonate-heavy foods. Things like chicken thighs and ham hocks are absolutely disgusting to me most of the time. Chicken and pork are both arachidonate-heavy meats, and lower body parts have an even higher % PUFA than upper body ones.

Does linoleic acid serve any function in the body that would not be accomplished by arachidonic acid? If PUFA are bad, I should at least be reacting to PUFA in a consistent manner, but it seems not.

ALA could act as a vitamin F with calcium absorption espeicially if you are high in vitamin D

fradon

Could you elaborate?

PUFA also known as PEO'S or vitamin F...they pull calcium into the cell. so if you take a lot of vtamin D which pulls calcium into the blood it will lower you vitamin F. but you need that vitamin F which is found in butter, eggs, nuts, and in bad forms in fried food and mayonaise, TO put the calcium into the tissue.

i've used evning primrose oil for this but have also just ate fries with mayo.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals