Craving High PUFA Food

Green Dot

I've been strongly craving donuts and chilli lately.

What does these cravings tell me and how can I satiate them in a "Peaty" way?

Just make them at home. A donut fried in coconut oil would be fantastic and chili shouldn't have any pufa regardless. IMO undereating or mineral/vitamin deficiencies are usually the cause of cravings. Also if you ask around you may find a donut shop that fries in palm oil, which is not ideal but occasionally wont hurt you.

JamesGatz

Interestingly enough - Back when I had a job that's all I would crave to - I would enter Dunkin Donuts to buy a coffee and just satiate over those white powdered ones or the double chocolate - I always felt worse after eating it - no idea why I craved it so much but once I lost my job and started chilling at my house most of my day in a healthier state i stopped craving it

JamesGatz

I'm not sure what this translates to but noticed that:

When I was at work I was craving the heavy stuff - like doughnuts/pizza - like I NEEDED something heavy in carbs to help me relax - I wasn't craving like fruit juice/other peaty stuff I get at home - I think that maybe when the body might be in a hungry/stressed state, it might differentiate less for certain things and crave something to keep going ? Not sure but that's how I view it

When I'm at home eating good food and not stressed I don't crave the heavy stuff

Last edited:

Dr. B

Interestingly enough - Back when I had a job that's all I would crave to - I would enter Dunkin Donuts to buy a coffee and just satiate over those white powdered ones or the double chocolate - I always felt worse after eating it - no idea why I craved it so much but once I lost my job and started chilling at my house most of my day in a healthier state i stopped craving it
i dont remember the ingredients list but doesnt krispy kreme use palm oil in their doughnuts or a mix of palm/soybean oil. i think the soybean oil amount was small going off their SFA and total fat numbers. also someone on here mentioned buffalo wild wings uses beef tallow for their fried chicken, fries and other fried items. their chicken sandwich and fries taste pretty bad though. and iirc popeyes uses a beef tallow and soybean oil mixture for their fried items, there may be a lot of PUFA still present.
krispy kreme has the monthly limited flavors so I get one once in a while if its an interesting one. even without the pufa, it is an enriched flour so it has the fortified iron and b vitamins. non organic flours may also have a pesticide/glyphosate issue.

pizza seems to be a salt craving for me

supercoolguy

Just make them at home. A donut fried in coconut oil would be fantastic and chili shouldn't have any pufa regardless. IMO undereating or mineral/vitamin deficiencies are usually the cause of cravings. Also if you ask around you may find a donut shop that fries in palm oil, which is not ideal but occasionally wont hurt you.
Something ive noticed is Palm Oil vs Palm KERNEL oil.

If its the actual Palm Fruit Oil, id be ok with that from time2time.

(Hopefully manufactures are labeling accurately in their recipes)

mostlylurking

I really do think PUFA is addictive. For example consider how you feel if you try to eat just one Lay's potato chip versus how you feel if you eat just one potato chip that was fried in coconut oil. They even made an ad campaign about not being able to eat just a single Lay's potato chip.

You can make tasty chili from scratch at home with no pufa and extra gelatin. It's easy to make chili. I'd just forget about donuts. Have a bowl of Haagen Dazs ice cream instead.

boris

Starch quickly spikes the blood sugar which feels very good and reduces stress. Make your own donuts from sour dough or sprouted flour and fried in coconut oil, and chili with sprouted beans and beef.

I don't know though if the sprouting of the beans reduces the estrogenicity. Probably ok as an occasional treat.

Dr. B

I really do think PUFA is addictive. For example consider how you feel if you try to eat just one Lay's potato chip versus how you feel if you eat just one potato chip that was fried in coconut oil. They even made an ad campaign about not being able to eat just a single Lay's potato chip.

You can make tasty chili from scratch at home with no pufa and extra gelatin. It's easy to make chili. I'd just forget about donuts. Have a bowl of Haagen Dazs ice cream instead.
i think the nuts can be addictive, since each nut has its own unique flavor, and you can get interesting flavor combos with different nuts or nut butters. like snickers bars, PB and J, almond butter, hazelnut butter etc. the PUFA oils seem to all taste the same, whether its cottonseed or soybean or corn. olive oil and coconut oil have a stronger flavor you can taste.

the dunkin donuts seem very dry, i dont know if they use much oil but they seem to contain a lot of filler ingredients, and enriched flour with iron and possibly pesticides.

Something ive noticed is Palm Oil vs Palm KERNEL oil.

If its the actual Palm Fruit Oil, id be ok with that from time2time.

(Hopefully manufactures are labeling accurately in their recipes)

palm kernel oil is apparently more saturated than palm oil, which already has a decent fat profile. palm kernel oil seems that it lacks the carotenes in regular palm oil too. regular palm oil seems very milky and thick and red colored, whereas the palm kernel oil was more clear colored. i think wikipedia said the kernel oil is more saturated than regular palm oil.

mostlylurking

Starch quickly spikes the blood sugar which feels very good and reduces stress. Make your own donuts from sour dough or sprouted flour and fried in coconut oil, and chili with sprouted beans and beef.

I don't know though if the sprouting of the beans reduces the estrogenicity. Probably ok as an occasional treat.
I made chili last week. It just wrecked me. So my husband scarfed it all down. I can't do nightshade anymore. Sob.

It’s all about the taste and texture plus conditioning. If I crave fast food fries I just do them at home with coconut oil and it satisfies the cravings.

supercoolguy

i think the nuts can be addictive, since each nut has its own unique flavor, and you can get interesting flavor combos with different nuts or nut butters. like snickers bars, PB and J, almond butter, hazelnut butter etc. the PUFA oils seem to all taste the same, whether its cottonseed or soybean or corn. olive oil and coconut oil have a stronger flavor you can taste.

the dunkin donuts seem very dry, i dont know if they use much oil but they seem to contain a lot of filler ingredients, and enriched flour with iron and possibly pesticides.

palm kernel oil is apparently more saturated than palm oil, which already has a decent fat profile. palm kernel oil seems that it lacks the carotenes in regular palm oil too. regular palm oil seems very milky and thick and red colored, whereas the palm kernel oil was more clear colored. i think wikipedia said the kernel oil is more saturated than regular palm oil.
Thanks for the heads-up

P

Peatness

I crave eggs and sardines, not together. I don't think I am getting enough protein but these are the only ones I seem to want to eat.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals