Crash after coffee and tobacco.

aquila2009

Coffwe and other stimulants like tobacco have the opposite effect, they make my extremely tired, brain fog, inability to focus I feel like I need them to get through the day but they make me feel aweful. Is this because the HPA axis has been over stressed through a decade plus of abuse? How do you fix it Just quit coffee and do the peaty things to stimulate the HPT axis?

dlind70

Coffwe and other stimulants like tobacco have the opposite effect, they make my extremely tired, brain fog, inability to focus I feel like I need them to get through the day but they make me feel aweful. Is this because the HPA axis has been over stressed through a decade plus of abuse? How do you fix it Just quit coffee and do the peaty things to stimulate the HPT axis?
Coffee and other stimulants like tobacco could have a toxic metal called cadmium in them. Tobacco has more but coffee still contains some. What happens is we take the coffee and cigarettes and they are stimulant driving our copper back into the tissues because we have too much copper and a lot of people smoke because it feel they it calms their emotional state.
I for one enjoy the occasional coffee but I'm not a smoker. So instead of the coffee and the cigarettes we should be taking more zinc in my opinion foods like zinc from hamburger beef pork chicken, eggs. These foods are more nourishing to the body because they contain zinc which displaces copper easier. The problem with cadmium in coffee and cigarettes is it a half life of cadmium is 27 years or very close to that and it takes a while for that stuff to exit the body so coffee and cigarettes are still stimulants.

dlind70

This is not a ray peat article but it's a very good article on why coffee and cigarettes do what they do at a deeper level and you never hear about this from the mainstream news about what actually is in these things. I feel like they support the sodium in the body and it's almost like you may as well just eat more sodium and more magnesium and more zinc because when I have these things me personally feel like they are a crutch I'm not saying that they cannot be enjoyed but they are a crutch

Atonewithme

Forum Supporter
Coffee and other stimulants like tobacco could have a toxic metal called cadmium in them. Tobacco has more but coffee still contains some. What happens is we take the coffee and cigarettes and they are stimulant driving our copper back into the tissues because we have too much copper and a lot of people smoke because it feel they it calms their emotional state.
I for one enjoy the occasional coffee but I'm not a smoker. So instead of the coffee and the cigarettes we should be taking more zinc in my opinion foods like zinc from hamburger beef pork chicken, eggs. These foods are more nourishing to the body because they contain zinc which displaces copper easier. The problem with cadmium in coffee and cigarettes is it a half life of cadmium is 27 years or very close to that and it takes a while for that stuff to exit the body so coffee and cigarettes are still stimulants.
Is it in organic coffee too? Ugh. I drastically cut my consumption to 1-2 a day of a high quality, but….it seems like unless we can grow/raise and process it ourselves we’re screwed. Even with that the jet stream will carry the pollution and the rain will provide the contaminates we are avoiding. This reminds me of trying to eliminate estrogen from my life. I got to the water pipes and gave up.

dlind70

The good news is coffee has a net benefit in my opinion because if you look at articles coffee actually contains other nutrients such as b vitamins some coffees actually contain gold and lithium which help your mental state. Gold is a follow-through element it gives you discipline. Now the cadmium could still be there and in organic coffee it's probably less so and there's other benefits of coffee in my opinion. Some of the benefits include if you drink coffee that has been brewed and non-chlorinated water it helps to filter out the unneeded chlorine in your body and it also helps to bring on bowel movements and a lot of people and also can help you change your attitude. If you look at articles they're also are advanced souls some people believe that coffee high quality organic contains advanced souls that help our mental state.

dlind70

To support it you just need to have something in your stomach drinking coffee on an empty stomach will be a stress on the liver if the liver has not already been stressed. A lot of things have a net benefit and I believe coffee to be one and I don't really worry too much about the cadmium.

Atonewithme

Forum Supporter
The good news is coffee has a net benefit in my opinion because if you look at articles coffee actually contains other nutrients such as b vitamins some coffees actually contain gold and lithium which help your mental state. Gold is a follow-through element it gives you discipline. Now the cadmium could still be there and in organic coffee it's probably less so and there's other benefits of coffee in my opinion. Some of the benefits include if you drink coffee that has been brewed and non-chlorinated water it helps to filter out the unneeded chlorine in your body and it also helps to bring on bowel movements and a lot of people and also can help you change your attitude. If you look at articles they're also are advanced souls some people believe that coffee high quality organic contains advanced souls that help our mental state.
Thank you!

OP
A

aquila2009

Do you eat enough when "using"? If I dont I feel like this but if I do they feel beneficial
To support it you just need to have something in your stomach drinking coffee on an empty stomach will be a stress on the liver if the liver has not already been stressed. A lot of things have a net benefit and I believe coffee to be one and I don't really worry too much about the cadmium.
Yeah I agree. I usually have it with sugar.

Tobacco has a different effect. It seems to activate a stress response whether I have fuel or not.

AncestralJoy

Yeah I agree. I usually have it with sugar.

Tobacco has a different effect. It seems to activate a stress response whether I have fuel or not.
have you always smoked or just started? whatcha smoking?
I have heard i thing from a member here that its a bit of an equalibriant in that if you're feeling shitty it improves how you feel but if you're okay it can make you feel bad.

OP
A

aquila2009

have you always smoked or just started? whatcha smoking?
I have heard i thing from a member here that its a bit of an equalibriant in that if you're feeling shitty it improves how you feel but if you're okay it can make you feel bad.
Cigars and pipes for about a month, which felt pretty good. I started experimenting with dip…which is where I had the bad effects. . I feel like I felt when my metabolism crashed.

AncestralJoy

Cigars and pipes for about a month, which felt pretty good. I started experimenting with dip…which is where I had the bad effects. . I feel like I felt when my metabolism crashed.
Sorry noob here what is dip and why the experimentation with it?
Interesting. I've been messing about with a pipe for about two months and it has taken me ages to find my balance and even learn how to smoke lmao no one mentions its quite the art. but I am enjoying the experiment so far and have always liked how it smelt when my oupa was alive and smoked. He smoked since he was 12 until 84 yrs old and only stopped smoking the year before he passed.

OP
A

aquila2009

Sorry noob here what is dip and why the experimentation with it?
Interesting. I've been messing about with a pipe for about two months and it has taken me ages to find my balance and even learn how to smoke lmao no one mentions its quite the art. but I am enjoying the experiment so far and have always liked how it smelt when my oupa was alive and smoked. He smoked since he was 12 until 84 yrs old and only stopped smoking the year before he passed.
Smokeless tobacco you put in your lip. Pipe smoking is pretty awesome.

AncestralJoy

If you look at articles they're also are advanced souls some people believe that coffee high quality organic contains advanced souls that help our mental state.
Very interesting I haven't heard that before. Tried a quick internet search but couldn't find anything talking about that, have you got links re the advanced souls coffee etc?

AncestralJoy

Oh okay any reason to try it? Looks like its a bigger nicotine hit that stays in the system longer?
Since trying dip do you feel worse from just the dip or feel worse when you smoke as well?

Yeah I love my pipe time. Its turned into a bit of a daily meditation for me. Just need to get the rocking chair, shot gun and whisky sorted for complete setup lol

Atonewithme

Forum Supporter
My dad switched to dip when he quit smoking and his teeth and gums got messed up. Not sure if they would have anyway, but he ended up going back to his 2 organic smokes a day after getting fake teeth. ?‍♀️

AncestralJoy

My dad switched to dip when he quit smoking and his teeth and gums got messed up. Not sure if they would have anyway, but he ended up going back to his 2 organic smokes a day after getting fake teeth. ?‍♀️
damn that sucks...!
Think I'll just stick to my pipe

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals