Cramps Keep Getting Worse and I Already Loaded on Potassium And it Doesn't Help. Finally Figured out Why- Sharing

OP
yerrag

yerrag

After spending time on research on tetracycline, I'm glad to say I don't have to look for more specialized antibiotics, and that all I needed to do was to increase the dosage of tetracycline.

Because of the underdosage I was basically allowing bacteria to run rampant and to be dealt with by many neutrophils, which uses the respiratory burst of phagocytosis to kill bacteria.

This is a poor use of resources since doing this extra work when antibiotics can do it is stupid, and ties the body up , keeping it from producing energy and balance.

This is why the whole week I have been struggling to get the body to restore its acid base balance, using carbogen, but finding that each new day the body is again in imbalance- because I could not control the infection.

This experience isn't a waste. I learned how personally persistent overpowering infection can quickly make a person useless. I had cramps all over, for example.

I'm gonna fix this infection and life can move on.

Sharing my biggest boo-boo. Continuing to use ZymEssence to lyse plaque hoping this time it would be different, despite having experienced bad result already.
What it does it does a great job of letting biofilm bacteria loose into the bloodstream.

I should stop listening to Dr. Wrong who keeps assuring you don't OD on enzymes.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

One additional thought : When this is all over, I'd like to pull out from the closet the CO2 bath I bought together with the Carbogen unit.

I'll immerse myself in it overnight and see what benefits I gain from using it.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Tonight, as I struggled to get myself to sleep, I finally got the help I needed from my own body. It kept me coughing and coughing till I sensed it had been trying to make me retch.

Then I went along with it and I vomited a small amount of bolus- fortunately not that big puddle of pink stuff though.

This is when I felt for the first time in 10 days, that a burden has been lifted from me.

I quickly doze off, effortlessly.

I am hoping this ends the acid reflux and the poor appetite I had during this ordeal.

In my 30's, I bought some bee pollen, after being impressed at the long list of ailaments it helps. I didn't notice that it did anything that was on the list, but I was surprised that it cured my monthly menstrual cramps, which was not on the list. I don't know what was in it that would be that impactful, but it was necessary to have it built up in my system for a few days for it to be effective.

Being low in CO2 and high in lactate points to thiamine deficiency. Thiamine deficiency blocks oxidative metabolism. Thiamine deficiency deranges calcium function (probably by causing lactic acid instead of carbon dioxide). The immune system needs thiamine to function, so it makes sense that having a thiamine deficiency would make problems with bacterial overgrowth more likely and more difficult to resolve.

Mitochondrial Competence and Calcium Regulation​

Calcium regulation depends upon functioning mitochondria and a steady stream of ATP. Mitochondrial functioning, in turn depends upon the appropriate concentrations of Ca2+. The relationship between the two is reciprocal and dynamic. Failure in either, leads to failure in both.

Mitochondrial nutrient deficiencies lead to reduced energy metabolism and utilization and ultimately molecular hypoxia.

Since I was in autonomic nervous system dysfunction hell a year ago and have corrected the problem via high dose thiamine, I do not think that's true. Thiamine deficiency derails the autonomic system.
There appears to be some differences of opinion between Ray Peat and Dr. Lonsdale. Understanding acetylcholine is complicated; people sometimes take unfortunate shortcuts when trying to explain it. Here are some other links that touch on the subject:
and

Acetyl-CoA and acetylcholine metabolism in nerve terminal compartment of thiamine deficient rat brain​

Acetyl-CoA keeps acetylcholine in check; thiamine deficiency causes problems. It's complicated.

Thiamine deficiency derails oxidative metabolism. Thiamine is as important as thyroid hormone in this process; without thiamine, the end byproduct is lactic acid, not carbon dioxide.

Here are some Ray Peat quotes about thiamine: Ray Peat On Vitamin B1 - Thiamine

Please note that consuming sugar uses up thiamine. Ray Peat advises that if you are going to consume sugar you will need to supplement with additional thiamine. There is a popular idea on this forum that eating lots of sugar is just a great idea. This is NOT a Ray Peat idea. Ray has said that consuming a quart of orange juice plus the sugar in a couple of quarts of milk a day is a good amount of sugar to consume. HOWEVER, if you are thiamine deficient, even this amount will derail your metabolism.

There are many pharmaceutical drugs, including a lot of antibiotics that block thiamine function. If you have taken antibiotics for a bacterial infection, you may have a thiamine functional blockage caused by the antibiotic which is exacerbating the problem.
Wow! You really explained this well.

mostlylurking

Wow! You really explained this well.
Thanks. I've been trying to understand this idea for quite a while. It's a balancing act between burning glucose to get carbon dioxide (which is good for you) and providing too much sugar for fuel which derails the system by depleting thiamine and causing a deficiency which results in lactic acid instead of carbon dioxide. Dr. Lonsdale uses an analogy that some might find helpful. However, I think it helps to have a foundation of information based on Ray Peat's work because Dr. Lonsdale seems a bit too rabid about evil sugar and does not take into consideration how PUFA gums up the works. His opinions are based upon his life's work of saving damaged children as a pediatrician with the Cleveland Clinic.

Thanks. I've been trying to understand this idea for quite a while. It's a balancing act between burning glucose to get carbon dioxide (which is good for you) and providing too much sugar for fuel which derails the system by depleting thiamine and causing a deficiency which results in lactic acid instead of carbon dioxide. Dr. Lonsdale uses an analogy that some might find helpful. However, I think it helps to have a foundation of information based on Ray Peat's work because Dr. Lonsdale seems a bit too rabid about evil sugar and does not take into consideration how PUFA gums up the works. His opinions are based upon his life's work of saving damaged children as a pediatrician with the Cleveland Clinic.
With suppliments being so precarious, which thiamine suppliment did you decide upon?

mostlylurking

With suppliments being so precarious, which thiamine suppliment did you decide upon?
I take thiamine hcl, bulk powder from bulksupplements.com. I also have gotten it from purebulk.com. These are pure powders and don't have any excipients. I just dissolve in 12oz. water and drink it down. It's an acquired taste. I also take some magnesium and a B-complex, Pure Encapsulations brand, no excipients.

I take thiamine hcl, bulk powder from bulksupplements.com. I also have gotten it from purebulk.com. These are pure powders and don't have any excipients. I just dissolve in 12oz. water and drink it down. It's an acquired taste. I also take some magnesium and a B-complex, Pure Encapsulations brand, no excipients.

Ok I found it! Thanks!

P

Peatness

How do you prevent anemia with so much thiamine?

Ihor

@yerrag I remember that you have a dental infection, but I don't remember exactly where it is localized. Remind what is the problem that infection can not be removed mechanically with the help of dental work? What markers of infection in your case were not normal lymphocytes, monocytes, leukocytes, neutrophils, ESR, did the serum iron fall and if the infection caused inflammation was the CRH elevated? If some or all of them are normal, do you think that the infection can become chronic but the emaciated body stops responding to a persistent infection with the previously indicated blood markers?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I remember that you have a dental infection, but I don't remember exactly where it is localized.
Periodontal.

When it's periodontal, it isn't localized anymore. It spreads under the gum line. A tooth now being extracted, and then later another. On and one, until all your teeth are gone. But dentists play dumb. Each extraction is money made. Imagine how many teeth there are left to extract, and then how many denture to make.

Remind what is the problem that infection can not be removed mechanically with the help of dental work?
Bacterial infection that is hidden under the gum line. X-rays don't reveal all the infection. Usually, it's after a tooth has loosened that another infection is discovered.

What markers of infection in your case were not normal lymphocytes, monocytes, leukocytes, neutrophils, ESR, did the serum iron fall and if the infection caused inflammation was the CRH elevated?
WBC and neutrophils usually higher.

You mean CRP? In my case, no. When my serum albumin acts as a very generous antioxidant to counter the oxidative stress caused by spillover ROS from the respiratory burst of phagocytosis, no tissue destruction occurs from oxidative stress. So, markers of tissue destruction such as LDH, hsCRP, and ESR in my case are very low to non-existent. I prefer to call these markers are markers of tissue destruction over their usual name as markers of inflammation, as the word inflammation is over-used and as a result leads to obfuscation as to problem identification. Everything now is an inflammation and it makes everything abstract and hard to pinpoint. There is no problem to identify and thus no cause to identify either.

If some or all of them are normal, do you think that the infection can become chronic but the emaciated body stops responding to a persistent infection with the previously indicated blood markers?

If the markers are normal and there is still an infection, then the marker must not be suitable for use.

If the infection is chronic for too long though, it may exhaust the body of wbc and neutrophils, especially if the body is compromised, and the wbc and neutrophils would become low, where it is used to be high, in response to the chronic infection.

P

Peatness

It seems this info was already shared

Red Blood Cell Production — Vitamin B1 plays an important role in the production of red blood cells, which in turn keeps people healthy, active, and energized.
Thank you for the link Pina! I am gonna repost it. :)

Sila

@yerrag Seems like Dr Buteyko's second discovery (Chroniosepsis) was right, and getting rid of all of his teeth (focal infections) probably allowed him to get 3min CP.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

@yerrag Seems like Dr Buteyko's second discovery (Chroniosepsis) was right, and getting rid of all of his teeth (focal infections) probably allowed him to get 3min CP.
I'm not aware of a 2nd discovery. Could you elaborate?

jaype

The magnesium and b complex at the time of the thiamine? I'm really interested in high dose thiamine

mostlylurking

The magnesium and b complex at the time of the thiamine? I'm really interested in high dose thiamine
I take the magnesium at different times than I take the thiamine. I do not know why, maybe it's just habit. I tend to add a little niacinamide and a little riboflavin (maybe 90mg of each) to the same water as the thiamine. I take the thiamine around mid morning and around 3:00pm. I'm taking the niacinamide and the riboflavin 4Xday so this seems to be the easiest way to go. This way, I am taking supplements orally 4Xday. It's probably fine to take thiamine/b-complex/magnesium all at the same time though, I know no reason to not do it that way. I think there's a general rule of thumb that water soluble vitamins don't hang around very long, maybe a couple of hours?

jaype

I take the magnesium at different times than I take the thiamine. I do not know why, maybe it's just habit. I tend to add a little niacinamide and a little riboflavin (maybe 90mg of each) to the same water as the thiamine. I take the thiamine around mid morning and around 3:00pm. I'm taking the niacinamide and the riboflavin 4Xday so this seems to be the easiest way to go. This way, I am taking supplements orally 4Xday. It's probably fine to take thiamine/b-complex/magnesium all at the same time though, I know no reason to not do it that way. I think there's a general rule of thumb that water soluble vitamins don't hang around very long, maybe a couple of hours?
I see, thank you