Covid19 Pro Lockdown Charts/graphs

Drareg

This data is compiled mainly by YANEER BAR-YAM, also some others like Nassim Nicholas Taleb.
Keep in mind the hedge fund taleb has traded with in the past is one of only a few to make a fortune from this downturn ,it’s run by Mark Spitznagel-
‘Explosive downside protection’ sparks a 57.2% return for these investors

Its an interesting site ,it has unusual tips for those infected with coronavirus like aerobic exercise, it’s pro shutdown ,pro tracking, pro airline shutdown etc

The graphs are infection rates I believe which paints a one sided picture, it seems the website is quite vague, apparently the lack of rigor is justified for now in the name of spreading the science as quickly as possible?

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds ,they seem to be hedging their reasoning behind risk aversion, shutdown immediately and take the loss, ok fine but If you look through their twitter feeds it doesn’t give that impression IMO , they seem to bring up the risk aversion strategy when data isn’t going their way.

Countries beating Covid-19 — EndCoronavirus.org

OP
Drareg

Drareg

I forgot to add that BAR-YAM thinks herd immunity is a crazy idea because their is no immune system in the lungs, perhaps he could turn his genius to understanding the flaws in the current theory of immunity and he might understand more.

yoshiesque

I forgot to add that BAR-YAM thinks herd immunity is a crazy idea because their is no immune system in the lungs, perhaps he could turn his genius to understanding the flaws in the current theory of immunity and he might understand more.
Immunity in the lungs?

With Rays explanations, isnt it that the virus is not really causing issues in the lungs. Its the whole dramatic increase in Angiotensen that leads to inflammation in the lungs? And if we treat it with Losartan that reduces the inflammation in lungs via Angiotensen?

If thats the case, then its not really the virus thats causing some infection in the lungs. Its likely just inflammation

Though i did read too that in situations like this its easy to get pneumonia in some, and that could be bacterial infection related so taking antibiotics is key for that too.

OP
Drareg

Drareg

Immunity in the lungs?

With Rays explanations, isnt it that the virus is not really causing issues in the lungs. Its the whole dramatic increase in Angiotensen that leads to inflammation in the lungs? And if we treat it with Losartan that reduces the inflammation in lungs via Angiotensen?

If thats the case, then its not really the virus thats causing some infection in the lungs. Its likely just inflammation

Though i did read too that in situations like this its easy to get pneumonia in some, and that could be bacterial infection related so taking antibiotics is key for that too.

Yes it’s the cytokine storm that causes the issues, uncontrolled inflammatory response I think, the virus isn’t specifically doing this directly.

He’s a physicist to be fair, that’s why I’m curious about the outcome ,both him and Nicholas Taleb have been so vocal about this , wanting shutdowns and tracking and I found their angle strange.
Initially they were talking about immediate shutdowns when we don’t know anything about the virus ,risk aversion , ok that makes sense but their rantings since the virus is out are strange.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom