COVID Search engine difference

Doc Sandoz

Did a search for "COVID vaccine danger" on Google then on DuckDuckGo. First page of google shows nothing but articles on how safe it is or downplaying claims of danger e.g. links to sites like WebMD, Harvard, WHO websites. DuckDuck shows links of that nature as well, but several links do lead to sites that are truly critical of the vaccine.

Last edited:

Lollipop2

Did a search for "COVID vaccine danger" on Google then on DuckDuckGo. First page of google shows nothing but articles on how safe it is or downplaying claims of danger e.g. links to sites like WebMD, Havard, WHO websites. DuckDuck shows links of that nature as well, but several links do lead to sites that are truly critical of the vaccine.
Interesting. I do not think Duck Duck Go censures like Google. I think these companies have dumped millions into search engine optimization so tops hits get displayed first.

PxD

Google is pure evil. They actively censor search results on sensitive topics. A recent example I saw for myself was after the recent riots in Minneapolis, about a month ago. Searching for same in Bing or DuckDuckGo gave the results I was looking for, while Google showed links to the January 6 Capitol Building entry in every position on the first result page. Incredible.

Google is pure evil. They actively censor search results on sensitive topics. A recent example I saw for myself was after the recent riots in Minneapolis, about a month ago. Searching for same in Bing or DuckDuckGo gave the results I was looking for, while Google showed links to the January 6 Capitol Building entry in every position on the first result page. Incredible.
Good to know PxD. I am passing that on!

Nicky

Just did a search for deaths caused by shot around the world on Swisscows. Guess what came up. Lots of denials that the injection causes death.
So censorship is rampant no matter where you look.
No wonder so many are getting injected, have to dig deep to find the truth.

Nicky

OccamzRazer

Did a search for "COVID vaccine danger" on Google then on DuckDuckGo. First page of google shows nothing but articles on how safe it is or downplaying claims of danger e.g. links to sites like WebMD, Harvard, WHO websites. DuckDuck shows links of that nature as well, but several links do lead to sites that are truly critical of the vaccine.
Yes...sad stuff.

I have noticed these discrepancies too. They become apparent when you search about any 'controversial' topic.

At this point the intelligence/AI that powers google is surely smarter than the average person. Its functional IQ must be 120, at least!

People are having their perspectives on nearly everything shaped by google's biased medium, and this medium is able to regulate the masses almost as one by making countless self-adjustments to information availability in real time.

akgrrrl

Just did a search for deaths caused by shot around the world on Swisscows. Guess what came up. Lots of denials that the injection causes death.
So censorship is rampant no matter where you look.
No wonder so many are getting injected, have to dig deep to find the truth.

Nicky
Your point is so relevant Nicky! Digging to find truth is not possible in a population dumbed down to speak 250 words(Primary English) and a short attention span without the ability to understand concepts, or Common Sense. It is looking grim for many.

Lollipop2

Your point is so relevant Nicky! Digging to find truth is not possible in a population dumbed down to speak 250 words(Primary English) and a short attention span without the ability to understand concepts, or Common Sense. It is looking grim for many.
Funny..,I was seriously just writing almost these exact words to my friend in an email. No wonder so many are lining up...

Missenger

It's been getting censored to death for years, people on here were talking about covid news stories being randomly generated if you looked them up on there just last year.

akgrrrl

Funny..,I was seriously just writing almost these exact words to my friend in an email. No wonder so many are lining up...
Lets hope we are joined by at least a 40% on the current divide...or this fuzzy degeneration between cultural, religious, and political will protract into a long, slow and contentious battle for America. Right now we have a Patriot side espousing the Christian platform as the very foundation of everything American despite ThomasJefferson rabidly keeping Church and State separate in our documents; then a "Left" trying to decry white colonialization all around planet earth, which has inumerable historical proofs, with limp verbalization and polarizing behaviors. Humans. What are you gonna do?

Lollipop2

Lets hope we are joined by at least a 40% on the current divide...or this fuzzy degeneration between cultural, religious, and political will protract into a long, slow and contentious battle for America. Right now we have a Patriot side espousing the Christian platform as the very foundation of everything American despite ThomasJefferson rabidly keeping Church and State separate in our documents; then a "Left" trying to decry white colonialization all around planet earth, which has inumerable historical proofs, with limp verbalization and polarizing behaviors. Humans. What are you gonna do?
Lol...you put it so well.

PxD

At this point the intelligence/AI that powers google is surely smarter than the average person. Its functional IQ must be 120, at least!
AI doesn’t have an IQ. The name AI is a misnomer. It’s just pattern recognition programming, no matter how complex it gets it will never be intelligent.

Google’s biased search AI is most likely humans fiddling with the code and constantly adding tweaks so that certain searches give the “correct” results.

Like I said, the company is evil.

OccamzRazer

AI doesn’t have an IQ. The name AI is a misnomer. It’s just pattern recognition programming, no matter how complex it gets it will never be intelligent.

Google’s biased search AI is most likely humans fiddling with the code and constantly adding tweaks so that certain searches give the “correct” results.

Like I said, the company is evil.
I know, I was being semi-satirical. My point was that the pattern recognition software has risen above many people's ability to think critically.

As far as evil forces go...agreed!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Not even by a long shot. Google's search results have drastically declined in accuracy over the years, even on topics that are not sensitive and are not censored. Even outside of search, Google feels so "confident" in its AI technology that they had to fake AI demos and PR releases. Been going on for at least a decade. Same thing with IBM's much touted Watson AI engine for medical analysis, diagnosis, discovery, etc - a total dud. Pretty much, the entire AI field is the equivalent of Big Pharma drugs - lots of money spent with little progress to show, so the artificial "intelligence" we get sold on is 99% fraud that usually results in worse outcomes for business/people compared to not using it at all.

Most people who do serious work in AI know a new "AI winter" is coming, but of course, Google censors any such news/posts, so unless a person works in the field themselves they'd not hear about it.

@PxD

Nicky

Thanks Haidut did not know this.
I'll love it when these MFRS crash and burn.

Nicky

OccamzRazer

Not even by a long shot. Google's search results have drastically declined in accuracy over the years, even on topics that are not sensitive and are not censored. Even outside of search, Google feels so "confident" in its AI technology that they had to fake AI demos and PR releases. Been going on for at least a decade. Same thing with IBM's much touted Watson AI engine for medical analysis, diagnosis, discovery, etc - a total dud. Pretty much, the entire AI field is the equivalent of Big Pharma drugs - lots of money spent with little progress to show, so the artificial "intelligence" we get sold on is 99% fraud that usually results in worse outcomes for business/people compared to not using it at all.

Most people who do serious work in AI know a new "AI winter" is coming, but of course, Google censors any such news/posts, so unless a person works in the field themselves they'd not hear about it.

@PxD
Glad to hear about the AI winter...didn't know that! Pretty relieving.

I didn't mean to say that search engines are actually smarter than people.

Just pointing out, in a somewhat satirical way, that many people are being duped by selective procurement of information!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just pointing out, in a somewhat satirical way, that many people are being duped by selective procurement of information!

That part I agree with, and suspect that when Google says "algorithm tweaks", they really mean simple manual censorship and deleting entire sites from the index. The censorship is pretty broad/dumb and at the site level, not individual pages, which shows that Google's "algorithm" does not really care about or analyze/understand page content. If it is coming from a blacklisted site, it probably won't be indexed at all.
Ironically, this can lead to Google destroying their own product (search) by reducing their index size on purpose. The accuracy of search results improves with a bigger index, so all this censorship will eventually lead to worse and worse search results until people start leaving Google in droves. Despite their claims to the contrary, Google is still dependent almost entirely on search results and ads for their revenue. So, if enough people were to leave the search engine, Google is toast:):

Lollipop2

@PxD
Seriously great news.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals