Covid nonsense and Pay Peat

Ben.

Yeah I saw it, but it makes no sense. There are jobs where people wear masks daily over many years and it would be known if this causes that.

It started way before vaccines.

People get it that rarely or never had a test done AND why are they getting it in connection with a positive test (done after already losing smell / taste).

The stress point makes no sense either + again the positive test afterwards makes absolutely no sense.

Sorry, but that’s all assumptions based on nothing. Even the virus connection makes 100 times more sense.

okay ... believe what you want. Saying the virus makes 100 times more sense then what i proposed ... well ....then there is nothing i or someone else can say to help you see things less isolated.

Funny ... this super unique monster of a virus that is supposed to hunt us down selectively in bus stations and grocery stores with the ability to drop dead every grandmother in a 5 mile radius came to live is realistic but stress and diabetes among tons of other reasons that are established for numerous years is a "assumption".

One would think being on the ray peat forum allowed you to see more to what meets the eye but if we look at what this forum and other non mainstream platforms propose we can see that "would be known if it caused that" is a horrible and shitty argument in every sense of the words.

Last edited:

Motif

okay ... believe what you want. Saying the virus makes 100 times more sense then what i proposed ... well ....then there is nothing i or someone else can say to help you see things less isolated.

Funny ... this super unique monster of a virus that is supposed to hunt us down selectively in bus stations and grocery stores with the ability to drop dead every grandmother in a 5 mile radius came to live but stress and diabetes among tons of other reasons that are established for numerous years is a "assumption".

One would think being on the ray peat forum allowed you to see more to what meets the eye but if we look at what this forum and other non mainstream platforms we can see that "would be known if it caused that" is a horrible and shitty argument in every sense of the words.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I‘m super sceptical too, but guess what - I’m sceptical of Alternative covid treatments (That I tried many of them for simple colds without any success btw) or assumptions that are based on Absolutely (!) nothing too.

Edit : stress and diabetes are nothing new, so why are they now causing loss of taste and smell?! (In connection with a positive covid test again to make it even more of a crazy assumption )

Last edited:

Ben.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I‘m super sceptical too, but guess what - I’m sceptical of Alternative covid treatments (That I tried many of them for simple colds without any success btw) or assumptions that are based on Absolutely (!) nothing too.

Your simplistic thinking is the issue. What is proposed is not a assumption. Even if it were it is far more reasonable and closer to reality than what the narrative is indoctrinating into people.

You can find numerous studies or findings that say "X component changes Y in the body and thus it helps with Z" .... but welcome to the real world, there is no guarantee. But just because things did not help you does not automaticly mean that corona is the only answer.

jeesus christ ...

Have a good day sir. There is no further use in discussing this.

Motif

Your simplistic thinking is the issue. What is proposed is not a assumption. Even if it were it is far more reasonable and closer to reality than what the narrative is indoctrinating into people.

You can find numerous studies or findings that say "X component changes Y in the body and thus it helps with Z" .... but welcome to the real world, there is no guarantee. But just because things did not help you does not automaticly mean that corona is the only answer.

jeesus christ ...

Have a good day sir. There is no further use in discussing this.

It’s called critical thinking, and no, you don’t know the absolute truth, I’m so sorry.

Ben.

It’s called critical thinking, and no, you don’t know the absolute truth, I’m so sorry.

critical thinking? ... oh my god .... okay. I never said i know the absolute truth, the opposite if anything.

Good day.

Edit: sorry at the Op for participating in this unecessarily ... atleast it bumps the thread i guess.

Motif

critical thinking? ... oh my god .... okay. I never said i know the absolute truth, the opposite if anything.

Good day.

Edit: sorry at the Op for participating in this unecessarily ... atleast it bumps the thread i guess.
But you are 100 % sure the loss of taste and smell of positive covid people has absolutely to do with anything else but covid... because ... nobody knows ??‍♂️

Alone in this forum are some people with that issue. Maybe you could help them to get rid of their issues then.

InChristAlone

Loss of smell and taste has been a thing with colds and flu forever. This study is from 2006:
"Postviral olfactory disorders usually occur after an upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) associated with a common cold or influenza. With a prevalence between 11 and 40% they are among the common causes of olfactory disorders. Women are more often affected than men and post-URTI disorders usually occur between the fourth and eighth decade of life. The exact location of the damage in post-URTI is not yet known even though from biopsies a direct damage of the olfactory receptor cells is very likely. Nevertheless, central mechanisms cannot completely be ruled out. The diagnosis is made according to the history, clinical examination and olfactory testing. Affected patients usually recall the acute URTI and a close temporal connection should be present to establish the diagnosis. Spontaneous recovery might occur within 2 years. So far, no effective therapy exists even though specific olfactory training might be promising."

And remember most of the symptoms of covid are exactly the same as for the flu. And the flu seems to have mysteriously dropped off the face of the planet during the plandemic.

tankasnowgod

Yeah I saw it, but it makes no sense. There are jobs where people wear masks daily over many years and it would be known if this causes that.
Really? Which jobs? What kind of mask? For how many hours each day, without any real breaks?

NO ONE wore masks like these with this regularity prior to December 2019. Even when people chose to wear surgical masks, they did it voluntarily, not to comply with an external authority.

And honestly, this response doesn't even make sense. I posted a list of 30+ causes of loss or taste and smell, including colds, flus, allergies, polyps, diabetes, sinusitis, inhalation of toxic chemicals, deviated septum, and zinc deficiency, you claimed to have seen it and somehow you pivot to....... only wearing masks as the cause of loss of taste or smell?
People get it that rarely or never had a test done AND why are they getting it in connection with a positive test (done after already losing smell / taste).

The stress point makes no sense either + again the positive test afterwards makes absolutely no sense.
You also ignore the list of 30+ conditions that I posted that factored in "Loss of Taste or Smell."

If you can find 10 people that lost it, each may have had a different cause, some may have had several causes. And truthfully, you haven't even rebutted both the mask and nasal swab argument. You just dismissed it, without consideration.
Sorry, but that’s all assumptions based on nothing.
Lol, you're making assumptions based on something you saw on TV.
Even the virus connection makes 100 times more sense.
Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Motif

Really? Which jobs? What kind of mask? For how many hours each day, without any real breaks?

NO ONE wore masks like these with this regularity prior to December 2019. Even when people chose to wear surgical masks, they did it voluntarily, not to comply with an external authority.

And honestly, this response doesn't even make sense. I posted a list of 30+ causes of loss or taste and smell, including colds, flus, allergies, polyps, diabetes, sinusitis, inhalation of toxic chemicals, deviated septum, and zinc deficiency, you claimed to have seen it and somehow you pivot to....... only wearing masks as the cause of loss of taste or smell?

You also ignore the list of 30+ conditions that I posted that factored in "Loss of Taste or Smell."

If you can find 10 people that lost it, each may have had a different cause, some may have had several causes. And truthfully, you haven't even rebutted both the mask and nasal swab argument. You just dismissed it, without consideration.

Lol, you're making assumptions based on something you saw on TV.

Ridiculous.
Uhm you think the people that lose their smell and taste are all heavy mask wearers? Uhm nope.

Oh, so the extreme authoritiy background causes loss of smell and taste and when you wear it voluntarily you’re fine. That’s a pretty bold claim based on ....... ? My friends esoteric mum would say something like this.

Only wearing masks? What the hell are you talking about. I listed every symptom „cause“ that Ben mentioned.

So everybody of the 10(?) people may have a different cause , but strangely they all have a positive pcr test after (after!!). Sure. Sounds logical.

Man THIS is ridiculous ?
I can’t believe that ***t.

Motif

Btw that loss of smell and taste was known in the very beginning, before mask mandates and crazy testing. What the hell ?

tankasnowgod

Uhm you think the people that lose their smell and taste are all heavy mask wearers? Uhm nope.
I think it could be ONE FACTOR. I think the Nasal Swabs and Ethylene Oxide could be ANOTHER FACTOR. And then the 30 Plus conditions could be OTHER FACTORS, including inhaling chemicals, colds, flus, sinusitis, allergies, polyps diabetes, zinc defiency, etc.
Oh, so the extreme authoritiy background causes loss of smell and taste and when you wear it voluntarily you’re fine. That’s a pretty bold claim based on ....... ? My friends esoteric mum would say something like this.
Again, I didn't make that claim. My point was that Mask Wearing has increased drastically (and it has). Some people who work in retail and healthcare went from wearing a mask 0 hours a week to 40/50/60 hours a week (or more) and did that for months (maybe now years) on end.

I said it could be ONE FACTOR. Along with the PCR tests, and radical increase in cleaning chemicals inhaled. And other changes on people, like reduced income and poorer nutrition due to that loss of income. Along with the other 30+ potential causes that I linked above.
Only wearing masks? What the hell are you talking about. I listed every symptom „cause“ that Ben mentioned.
Well, Ben referenced the Mayo Clinic list that I posted, and I don't see you mentioning colds, flus, sinusitis, polyps, deviated septums, allergies, toxic chemicals, zinc deficiency, and such. Maybe you could quote it in your response?
So everybody of the 10(?) people may have a different cause , but strangely they all have a positive pcr test after (after!!). Sure. Sounds logical.
This has been discussed ad naseum. The PCR test is easily manipulated, doesn't test for ANY virus, and was made without a sample of this "Novel Corona Virus." The test itself is irrelevant.

Anyway, give me a list of the 10 specific people you know that had this symptom (first names only is fine), give the date they lost it, give their mask use prior, give the date of ALL Nasal Swab tests they had both before and after, and also give the complete exam that ruled out the other common causes of loss of taste or smell, like sinusitis, diabetes, zinc deficiency, medications, polyps, etc. Then, we could get somewhere.

tankasnowgod

Btw that loss of smell and taste was known in the very beginning, before mask mandates and crazy testing. What the hell ?
Again..... so what? That list of the 30+ causes of loss of taste and smell predates December 2019, so it's irrelevant. This isn't some new, never before seen symptom, like people growing horns out of their head.

And I still remember the timeline of this fake pandemic. Even in February 2020, many people were voluntarily wearing masks, and some people and most businesses were using heavy amounts of sanitation products. If you breathe bleach fumes or basically huff Lysol all day, that could certainly affect your taste and smell. One might even, say, lose it.

Motif

Again..... so what? That list of the 30+ causes of loss of taste and smell predates December 2019, so it's irrelevant. This isn't some new, never before seen symptom, like people growing horns out of their head.

And I still remember the timeline of this fake pandemic. Even in February 2020, many people were voluntarily wearing masks, and some people and most businesses were using heavy amounts of sanitation products. If you breathe bleach fumes or basically huff Lysol all day, that could certainly affect your taste and smell. One might even, say, lose it.

Better ask the people in this forum who lost smell / taste about their mask wearing , zinc levels etc.

I have my doubts in the pcr tests too, but when they all have a positive tests after having this symptoms I might think there got to be a connection, cause most people I know , me included , never had a positive test and some get tested three times a week (abd they wear masks all day, kindergarteners for example) and they never had a positive test, so it for sure has a fals positive rate, but it can’t be THAT high.

tankasnowgod

Better ask the people in this forum who lost smell / taste about their mask wearing , zinc levels etc.

I have my doubts in the pcr tests too, but when they all have a positive tests after having this symptoms I might think there got to be a connection,
And again, this could be from the test itself, especially if it's a nasal swab.
cause most people I know , me included , never had a positive test and some get tested three times a week (abd they wear masks all day, kindergarteners for example) and they never had a positive test, so it for sure has a fals positive rate, but it can’t be THAT high.
Really? There's a study out suggesting that PCR tests can return false positives at a rate of 97% when used at 35 cycles or higher.

It can be observed that at Ct = 25, up to 70% of patients remain positive in culture and that at Ct = 30 this value drops to 20%. At Ct = 35, the value we used to report a positive result for PCR, <3% of cultures are positive. Our Ct value of 35, initially based on the results obtained by RT-PCR on control negative samples in our laboratory and initial results of cultures [8], is validated by the results herein presented and is in correlation with what was proposed in Korea [9] and Taiwan [10].

In other words, at a cycle count of "only" 25, 30% of positives are false positives. That's already massive. At 30 Ct, the false positive rate is 80%. And at 35, it's over 97%. Many labs are going with even higher cycle counts, with the FDA recommending 40 (!!!) and some labs going up to 45.

So yes, it COULD be that high.

And truthfully, the false positive rate could have been at 100% for this entire fake pandemic, as no government health agency has a sample of this "Novel Corona Virus," and the tests themselves were developed without a sample of the same virus. It's all based on "genetic sequencing" (the question, of course, is what did they sequence?), and when they didn't have enough of the sequence, they just filled in the missing parts with sequence from the original SARS.

Motif

No it could not be from the test itself cause the test of most of these people came after the loss of smell and taste.

And people never had a positive test, but then someday they lose smell and taste - get tested BECAUSE of that and the test is positive.

That would just be too wild, sorry.

Just yesterday I had this in my timeline for example.
View: https://youtu.be/vFPc3Mjs31U

He lost it too and had other symptoms and then got tested.

YamnayaMommy

Why? Especially when there is no gold standard test for it, nor does any health agency or anyone else have a sample. And when 100% of "Covid Symptoms" listed by the CDC overlap with the common cold and flu, there is no "different profile." It's the exact same profile as other colds and flus.

It's not "weird." It's called a false positive, and it happens all the time. If you give 10,000 men a pregnancy test like EPT, and 10 come back positive, do you really think those men are pregnant?

The Covid tests are even worse, because they were made without any sample of this "Novel Corona Virus," are easily manipulated, and mostly use the PCR, which was never intended for this purpose. They never tested it against a group of individuals to see if it could correctly prove that people are sick or not. Obviously, it's pretty useless as a test for detecting any virus, especially a "Novel Corona Virus."

Okay. So what? That does nothing to prove the existence of a "Novel Corona Virus." It could be some other virus, or bacteria, or germ, or some cause that doesn't have anything to do with germs.

And you keep on ignoring the list of 30+ possible causes of loss of taste and smell.

So, again, maybe the test, itself, is causing this. Either by jamming a foreign object up their nose and damaging a nerve, or due to a swab that contains ethylene oxide, which can cause, get this "loss of taste or smell" as a side effect (I imagine ethylene oxide left in the mouth would be capable of this, in the case of a cheek swab). I bet those "dozens" of people you know never took any sort of PCR test to confirm they had a cold or flu when they had a cold or flu prior to 2019. Or, even worse, took a cold or flu test when they were feeling completely healthy, prior to 2019.

Why? Because you saw it on TV? Because the government said so?

I don't believe that because they haven't done anything to even come remotely close to proving this idea. And I think the bar should be set exceptionally high, seeing the carnage that this operation has left in it's wake.

I don't see any good evidence that this "Novel Corona Virus" was discovered in the first place. I don't see any evidence that it caused health problems, anywhere. I don't see any evidence that it would have travelled anywhere outside of Wuhan, China if it was discovered. I don't see any test that can reliably detect it. I don't see any consistent symptoms with it. "Covid Cases" include healthy people who aren't sick, people who have the common cold or flu, people who have pneumonia, people with kidney failure, people with heart disease, people who died in motorcycle crashes, and people involved in murder/suicides, and people who are 84 years old with cancer and Parkinsons, and are famous for being an Executive Cabinet Member.
I don’t watch tv and do not consider the federal health authorities to be reliable sources of information on disease and public health.

I personally had a novel experience with a cold, which was consistent with the novel experience that many friends and family had in connection with (and always PRECEDING) a positive PCR test for coronavirus.

Your argument that people lose their sense of smell because they are injured by the pcr test is disproved by all the people who lose their sense of smell before a pcr test, or who never get the pcr test.

Your argument that loss of sense of smell is a common cold symptom (“30+ causes”) and therefore not indicative of covid is disproved by common experience of people, who do not lose their sense of smell from normal colds and do not know people who have lost their sense of smell from normal colds. But last year a lot of people got sick and lost their sense of smell. And everyone recognized that it was weird to lose the sense of smell from a cold.

And finally your argument that coronavirus isn’t novel is also disproved by the novel age-skewing character of coronavirus, which, unlike other colds and flus, doesn’t cause symptoms in young children but sickens the older members of their household.

YamnayaMommy

Loss of smell and taste has been a thing with colds and flu forever. This study is from 2006:
"Postviral olfactory disorders usually occur after an upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) associated with a common cold or influenza. With a prevalence between 11 and 40% they are among the common causes of olfactory disorders. Women are more often affected than men and post-URTI disorders usually occur between the fourth and eighth decade of life. The exact location of the damage in post-URTI is not yet known even though from biopsies a direct damage of the olfactory receptor cells is very likely. Nevertheless, central mechanisms cannot completely be ruled out. The diagnosis is made according to the history, clinical examination and olfactory testing. Affected patients usually recall the acute URTI and a close temporal connection should be present to establish the diagnosis. Spontaneous recovery might occur within 2 years. So far, no effective therapy exists even though specific olfactory training might be promising."

And remember most of the symptoms of covid are exactly the same as for the flu. And the flu seems to have mysteriously dropped off the face of the planet during the plandemic.
Have you ever lost your sense of smell in connection to a cold? Have you known anyone who has? I am 100% I never did, and don’t recall anyone complaining of loss of smell, until last year when everybody in my circle for covid. My husband realized he couldn’t smell poppy diapers for a couple days.

The flu DID disappear last year. Everyone who has little kids or works in pediatrics knows this. In 2019 and this year, there was a lot of flu going around. Kids were sick and missing lots of school. Pediatricians were triple booked. In 2020, by contrast, nobody has the flu. My kids didn’t get sick AT ALL last winter. There was no flu going around school. All the moms talked about how weird it was that nobody had the flu last year. They attributed it to the masks and hand sanitizer

tankasnowgod

I don’t watch tv and do not consider the federal health authorities to be reliable sources of information on disease and public health.
Yet you believe them when they tell you there is a "Novel Corona Virus" on the loose, absent any real proof, like an isolated sample. Whether you got it from those sources directly, or secondhand from a friend, neighbor, boss, or coworker, if you trace it back to the source, it would come from either government health agencies, or the media. Unless a personal friend was in Wuhan in December 2019 isolating viruses, and you found out directly from them.

However, if you did first learn about SARS-Cov-2 from a publication like BMJ or the Lancet, please link it, as I would be interested to read that article.
I personally had a novel experience with a cold, which was consistent with the novel experience that many friends and family had in connection with (and always PRECEDING) a positive PCR test for coronavirus.
But, as has been pointed out, again and again, the tests are meaningless. They were made without any sample of this "Novel Corona Virus," and when run at 35 cycles, can have a false positive of 97% or more.

It can be observed that at Ct = 25, up to 70% of patients remain positive in culture and that at Ct = 30 this value drops to 20%. At Ct = 35, the value we used to report a positive result for PCR, <3% of cultures are positive.

Of course, they are being run at higher cycle counts than that, up to 45 in some cases.
Your argument that people lose their sense of smell because they are injured by the pcr test is disproved by all the people who lose their sense of smell before a pcr test, or who never get the pcr test.
No, it's not. I never said it was the ONLY way to lose your sense of taste or smell. I said it's ONE WAY. And considering the testing is insanely rampant (some people are getting tested every week!), it's likely a significant factor, if there is indeed an increase in loss of taste or smell. Which, I'm not 100% convinced there is.

In addition, other factors could include mask wearing (up heavily), and use of toxic cleaning chemicals (also up heavily) and the 30+ conditions that the Mayo Clinic listed, plus some others. I don't think it's caused by "one thing." Since you seem to think it's all caused by a single "Novel Corona Virus," the burden of proof would be on you, to tie every single case together.
Your argument that loss of sense of smell is a common cold symptom (“30+ causes”) and therefore not indicative of covid is disproved by common experience of people, who do not lose their sense of smell from normal colds and do not know people who have lost their sense of smell from normal colds.
Ridiculous.

First, it's not "my argument." It's listed right there on the Mayo Clinic website, under causes. You can verify this yourself-

It's a well established common cold symptom, enough so to be listed on the Mayo Clinic website Not everyone who catches a cold or flu has every single symptom associated with the common cold or flu. And by the way, you also left out polyps, sinusitis, zinc deficiency, hay fever, diabetes, smoking, aging, brain tumors, zinc deficiency, exposure to chemicals, certain medications, and so on.

Some of the conditions are rare (like Paget's Disease), but at least 16 on the list are incredibly common. And it's quite possible those 16 were aggravated by some of the interventions I mentioned earlier (nasal swabs, mask wearing, increased cleaning chemical use).
But last year a lot of people got sick and lost their sense of smell. And everyone recognized that it was weird to lose the sense of smell from a cold.
So what? A lot of people get sick every year, and a significant number of them loss their sense of smell. Again, maybe excessive mask use, excessive use of sticking foreign objects up their nose at a higher rate than ever before contributed to it happening more. Or, maybe people just noticed and reported it more.
And finally your argument that coronavirus isn’t novel is also disproved by the novel age-skewing character of coronavirus, which, unlike other colds and flus, doesn’t cause symptoms in young children but sickens the older members of their household.
I don't even know what you are saying here. "Corona Viruses" are a class of viruses, and they are thought to cause (wait for it)..... the common cold. I like to refer to it in quotes as a "Novel Corona Virus" because that's what it was being called in the first months of this operation, and people are forgetful.

Just look at the headline on this WHO report dated January 2020 to jog your memory-

It's also been called 2019-nCov, SARS-Cov-2, and COVID-19.

The "Novel" in "Novel Corona Virus" doesn't refer to symptoms or experiences it may or may not cause. It was just a label to state that it was different than other corona viruses. Even though that's pretty much implied if you were to discover something "new."

The funny thing about your comment, though, is that if you applied the same logic that you were trying to apply earlier in your post, you would come to the conclusion that whatever they are testing for CAN'T be the thing causing symptoms. After all, children have no symptoms, but adults have symptoms. Therefore, since some people have no symptoms, it can't be this "Novel Corona Virus" that's causing any symptoms.

Last edited:

YamnayaMommy

Yet you believe them when they tell you there is a "Novel Corona Virus" on the loose, absent any real proof, like an isolated sample. Whether you got it from those sources directly, or secondhand from a friend, neighbor, boss, or coworker, if you trace it back to the source, it would come from either government health agencies, or the media. Unless a personal friend was in Wuhan in December 2019 isolating viruses, and you found out directly from them.

However, if you did first learn about SARS-Cov-2 from a publication like BMJ or the Lancet, please link it, as I would be interested to read that article.

But, as has been pointed out, again and again, the tests are meaningless. They were made without any sample of this "Novel Corona Virus," and when run at 35 cycles, can have a false positive of 97% or more.

Of course, they are being run at higher cycle counts than that, up to 45 in some cases.

No, it's not. I never said it was the ONLY way to lose your sense of taste or smell. I said it's ONE WAY. And considering the testing is insanely rampant (some people are getting tested every week!), it's likely a significant factor, if there is indeed an increase in loss of taste or smell. Which, I'm not 100% convinced there is.

In addition, other factors could include mask wearing (up heavily), and use of toxic cleaning chemicals (also up heavily) and the 30+ conditions that the Mayo Clinic listed, plus some others. I don't think it's caused by "one thing." Since you seem to think it's all caused by a single "Novel Corona Virus," the burden of proof would be on you, to tie every single case together.

Ridiculous.

First, it's not "my argument." It's listed right there on the Mayo Clinic website, under causes. You can verify this yourself-

It's a well established common cold symptom, enough so to be listed on the Mayo Clinic website Not everyone who catches a cold or flu has every single symptom associated with the common cold or flu. And by the way, you also left out polyps, sinusitis, zinc deficiency, hay fever, diabetes, smoking, aging, brain tumors, zinc deficiency, exposure to chemicals, certain medications, and so on.

Some of the conditions are rare (like Paget's Disease), but at least 16 on the list are incredibly common. And it's quite possible those 16 were aggravated by some of the interventions I mentioned earlier (nasal swabs, mask wearing, increased cleaning chemical use).

So what? A lot of people get sick every year, and a significant number of them loss their sense of smell. Again, maybe excessive mask use, excessive use of sticking foreign objects up their nose at a higher rate than ever before contributed to it happening more. Or, maybe people just noticed and reported it more.

I don't even know what you are saying here. "Corona Viruses" are a class of viruses, and they are thought to cause (wait for it)..... the common cold. I like to refer to it in quotes as a "Novel Corona Virus" because that's what it was being called in the first months of this operation, and people are forgetful.

Just look at the headline on this WHO report dated January 2020 to jog your memory-

It's also been called 2019-nCov, SARS-Cov-2, and COVID-19.

The "Novel" in "Novel Corona Virus" doesn't refer to symptoms or experiences it may or may not cause. It was just a label to state that it was different than other corona viruses. Even though that's pretty much implied if you were to discover something "new."

The funny thing about your comment, though, is that if you applied the same logic that you were trying to apply earlier in your post, you would come to the conclusion that whatever they are testing for CAN'T be the thing causing symptoms. After all, children have no symptoms, but adults have symptoms. Therefore, since some people have no symptoms, it can't be this "Novel Corona Virus" that's causing any symptoms.
I am not arguing about the origins of the virus. I don’t have an opinion on the debate about whether it came out of a lab or a bat in Wuhan or somewhere else.

My argument is that there was a novel cold virus going around last year. And the novelty of it (WIDESPREAD loss of smell and age skewed to produce symptoms in mature and older adults) would have been commented on independent of the media panic.

I read news about the coronavirus on this forum and others, and on the Twitter feeds of scientists I follow.

The accuracy of the pcr test does not affect my argument, nor do your links to websites saying that loss of smell is common. (It’s not; I’ve never known anyone to lose their sense of smell before)

Last year households like mine and others I know had a NOVEL cold experience where adults lost their senses of smell and got sick and the children did not. Typically, a cold goes through a household and children get really sick and adults get a little sick, and no one loses their sense of smell.

And there was often an obvious transmission history, as in my family, where my out of state mother, who had been ataying with my sister who was sick, came to visit while she was sick, and then we became sick.

Occam’s razor says this novel cold, with a totally unprecedented (for us) symptom profile, is the coronavirus widely commented upon by governments, media org, health institutions throughout the world

Last edited:

catan

Have you ever lost your sense of smell in connection to a cold? Have you known anyone who has? I am 100% I never did, and don’t recall anyone complaining of loss of smell, until last year when everybody in my circle for covid. My husband realized he couldn’t smell poppy diapers for a couple days.
I lost sense of smell and taste when I got colds. Not in the recent years but into my 20s at least. I remember eating meals and not being able to taste anything.

As for the flu disappearing, what is ‘the flu’ anyway?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals