Covid/Losartan/Ginger

Peatfan19

According to available studies several phenolic compounds in red ginger are very effective AT1R antagonists, reportedly even more effective than Losartan, with no side effects/toxicity.

"The results show that 10-gingerol, 8-gingerol, 6-gingerol have good oral bioavailability, good vasodilator potential (Pa >7), hepatoprotective potential, vasoprotective potential, and antioxidant potential. Based on pharmacokinetic absorption, distribution, and excretion test, the three gingerol compounds showed higher results compared to the Losartan. The toxicity of the gingerol compounds is low, not hepatotoxic, whereas Losartan is hepatotoxic. Molecular docking showed that the three gingerol compounds and the Losartan were on one side of the binding to AT1R."

Facilitating Reparative Dentin Formation Using Apigenin Local Delivery in the Exposed Pulp Cavity - PubMed

The same phenolic compounds are also present in regular ginger.

There are compelling evidence of the wide range of health benefits of ginger, many studies have been posted on this forum before.

In light of the above, I asked Dr. Peat about the protective potential of ginger against Covid, the following was his reply: "Aspirin, vitamin D, and antihistamines are generally protective. I don’t think enough is known about ginger’s safety."

VitoScaletta

I was interested in ginger for a while. Really not sure what to make of it. My mother used to drink cut up ginger boiled in water everyday though.

by the way. Wouldn't being lean, supplementing Vitamin D3 at a decent amount daily for some time, and eating well be enough protection against COVID? It isn't that dangerous after all.

ww3not4me

Any time you are sick you should be using Ginger and Tumeric just for good measure. I like mine in hot tea as hot as I can stand it. It might be all in my head but it sure seems to help me breath better and cough less! The steam helps my nose.

If you can get Losartan why not get Ivermectin? If you can not get corticosteroids to stop cytokine storm up front you can try to stop it on the back side with Montelukast. Famotidine is OTC and should be in any cocktail for treating Covid-19. See FLCCC treatment protocols.

I am doubtful of Losartan doing much of anything since almost everyone hospitalized with SARS-CoV-2 was likely on some form of ARB. I was taking an ARB when I got it is March 2020.

I have used Ivermectin and so have a lot of friends and family and it has worked each time.

BodhiBlues

Whenever I have cold symptoms I chew on pieces of raw ginger and make lots of cups of ginger tea throughout the day. I find that it shortens the length of the cold and lowers the severity of the symptoms.

ww3not4me

Whenever I have cold symptoms I chew on pieces of raw ginger and make lots of cups of ginger tea throughout the day. I find that it shortens the length of the cold and lowers the severity of the symptoms.
I can not always get fresh Ginger especially over Winter and over the last 2 years so I buy organic powder as well. I like fresh when I can get it!

I love fresh in juice.

I also freq. serve pickled ginger when I can get it fresh with meals.

BodhiBlues

I can not always get fresh Ginger especially over Winter and over the last 2 years so I buy organic powder as well. I like fresh when I can get it!

I love fresh in juice.

I also freq. serve pickled ginger when I can get it fresh with meals.
I use the powder too, it is quite convenient as I just add hot water and you have tea with 0 complications! I prefer to use raw ginger though when I'm sick as heat and drying converts gingerols into shogaols which supposedly aren't as good for fighting viruses. Though they do have other positive effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals