COVID Long Hauler for 7 months, need help

OP
N

nejdev

Fair warning, the guy is a bit loopy, I'm just intrigued by the protocol, not necessarily fully convinced or committed.
Yeah I noticed, he looks batshit crazy as well XD ... But I'd like to keep an open mind, people used to condemn folks who said the moon wasn't made out of cheese either, so you never know. Best to ease into this one, for sure.

Perry Staltic

I jumped in their Telegram and was talking to the guy directly. I definitely see what you mean with people just eating it up because he sounds so confident/sure of himself. Does the actual medical science back up what he's discussing, though? I haven't watched/listened to his video where he describes the mechanism behind Niacin/Melatonin curing long-haulers. Could be something there?

There could be something there, but as far as I know his claims are based on studies, not clinical evidence. Everyone can produce studies to support their claims, but is there real clinical evidence to back them up? So it's suspicious when he speaks with such certainty. No one who has any sense or really cares about people does that. But con artists and grifters do it all of the time.

Perry Staltic

Yeah I noticed, he looks batshit crazy as well XD ... But I'd like to keep an open mind, people used to condemn folks who said the moon wasn't made out of cheese either, so you never know. Best to ease into this one, for sure.

In case you missed it, someone claimed in a twitter feed that was lamenting his being banned from twitter that he probably got banned because he threatened to slit someone's throat and slaughter their family, and produced a screen capture of that tweet. I can't attest to or against its genuineness, just relating what I read.

OP
N

nejdev

In case you missed it, someone claimed in a twitter feed that was lamenting his being banned from twitter that he probably got banned because he threatened to slit someone's throat and slaughter their family, and produced a screen capture of that tweet. I can't attest to or against its genuineness, just relating what I read.
Good lord. Yeah I'm in there now, people are asking questions about Ivermectin and he's losing his mind (he really hates it apparently) o_O

Perry Staltic

Good lord. Yeah I'm in there now, people are asking questions about Ivermectin and he's losing his mind (he really hates it apparently) o_O

lol if people wanted to they could really make him blow a gasket by citing all of the evidence for ivermectin's efficacy. Entire countries have adopted it for treatment; cases, hospitalizations and deaths drop significantly in countries where it's used, about a dozen positive randomized controlled trials, etc. That's real world clinical evidence. Ask him what clinical evidence exists for niacin on a similar scale. His head will probably explode.

OP
N

nejdev

lol if people wanted to they could really make him blow a gasket by citing all of the evidence for ivermectin's efficacy. Entire countries have adopted it for treatment; cases, hospitalizations and deaths drop significantly in countries where it's used, about a dozen positive randomized controlled trials, etc. That's real world clinical evidence. Ask him what clinical evidence exists for niacin on a similar scale. His head will probably explode.
Yeah, exactly. I did a TON of reading on Ivermectin before I got a prescription for it. It is extremely safe. But in this Telegram chat he's basically saying people promoting it are murders for profit (? it's not on patent anymore ?) and some other ***t. He's like, really losing it...hahaha

OP
N

nejdev

Didn't realize you mentioned the marathon thing until another member pointed it out above.

If you strip out the ideas of "Covid" causing this, it sounds similar to what Aran Gordon described before he was diagnosed with hemochromatosis. It took his doctors a few years before they realized his iron was incredibly high. I think a lot of the longer term chronic "mystery diseases" are getting diagnosed with this "Long Covid" label, as it's easy and convenient, and a lot of lesser known conditions take months/years to properly diagnose anyway. Probably more profitable in the current medical system, too.

I don't know if it's hemochromatosis, or any other disease, but getting a full iron panel, with ferritin, is probably a good idea. I know that moderately high and even high-normal ferritin can cause some of the fatigue issues you mentioned, and also know from personal experience that lowering a ferritin down to near deficiency can increase mood and energy.
Got my blood tests back. They tested EVERYTHING. But wanted to post my Iron tests here.

P-Iron (micromol / L) - 27 (ref 9-34)
P-Iron saturation - .36 (ref 0,15-0,60)
P-Transferrin(g / L) - 2.97 (ref 1,90-3,30)
S-Ferritin (ModE) (microg / L) - 362 (ref 30-400)

Transferrin and Ferritin look moderately high, no?

Last edited:

mostlylurking

Do you have a quote? He says he's not against Niacinamide but prefers Nicotinic acid, is he saying either works now? An integral part of the method is to oppose the flush of niacin with melatonin, I doubt he has tossed that out.
It would really be helpful if the magical mystical mysterious "He" would be identified in posts. I have no clue who you are referring to.

Perry Staltic

flush niacin lowers histamine I thought?

i personally benefit from flush niacin cause it improved my histamine symptoms a bit

I'm not vouching for what the guy says. Just pointing out the wide range of opinions floating around

mostlylurking

I'm not vouching for what the guy says. Just pointing out the wide range of opinions floating around
I think that the niacin flush is the mast cells releasing their histamine. After that first I'm DYING HERE experience of a massive flush, the histamine is lower because it all got ejected by the mast cells. So yes, strictly speaking, you could say that niacin lowers histamine but if you are already compromised by covid, why put yourself in worse shape with a massive hit of histamine? RP has said this flushing is very stressful and should be avoided; he recommends niacinamide, not niacin.

Motif

I think that the niacin flush is the mast cells releasing their histamine. After that first I'm DYING HERE experience of a massive flush, the histamine is lower because it all got ejected by the mast cells. So yes, strictly speaking, you could say that niacin lowers histamine but if you are already compromised by covid, why put yourself in worse shape with a massive hit of histamine? RP has said this flushing is very stressful and should be avoided; he recommends niacinamide, not niacin.

yeah, maybe it’s bad, but maybe the histamine lowering effect would be a good thing ? Who knows ??‍♂️

OP
N

nejdev

I've tried their recommendations (Ivermectin as well) and unfortunately have seen no results for my long haul symptoms. Thank you for the recommend though.

OP
N

nejdev

yeah, maybe it’s bad, but maybe the histamine lowering effect would be a good thing ? Who knows ??‍♂️
The best hypothesis I've seen about what is actually going on in people with long haul COVID is that monocytes are eating up spike protein, turning into non-classical monocytes which live much longer than regular, classical monocytes (1-2 years as opposed to 2 weeks) and they roam the body "presenting" the spike protein to endothelial cells in the vascular system, which then creates inflammation (via histamine release).

If he's right (and I suspect he is because I have learned to realize that this constant feeling of my body being "on fire" is inflammation/histamine release) then taking niacin would make the problem worse. There are things that I have taken that help and could mitigate those effects (like taking H1/H2 antihistamines) but I think what @mostlylurking has said about niacinimide may be better than nicotinic acid. I'm still experimenting to see what kind of results I get. Haven't really noticed any improvements in health honestly.

OP
N

nejdev

Yes I read through this awhile ago (mostly skimming, the article is enough to fit a novel) but the general sentiment is the same I've read with mitochondrial dysfunction and iron overload. My iron levels are fine but the mitochondrial dysfunction goes hand in hand with the thiamine deficiency that @mostlylurking has described and ironically similar to that crazy Niatonin protocol that Dr. Katz recommends.

mostlylurking

The best hypothesis I've seen about what is actually going on in people with long haul COVID is that monocytes are eating up spike protein, turning into non-classical monocytes which live much longer than regular, classical monocytes (1-2 years as opposed to 2 weeks) and they roam the body "presenting" the spike protein to endothelial cells in the vascular system, which then creates inflammation (via histamine release).

If he's right (and I suspect he is because I have learned to realize that this constant feeling of my body being "on fire" is inflammation/histamine release) then taking niacin would make the problem worse. There are things that I have taken that help and could mitigate those effects (like taking H1/H2 antihistamines) but I think what @mostlylurking has said about niacinimide may be better than nicotinic acid. I'm still experimenting to see what kind of results I get. Haven't really noticed any improvements in health honestly.
I'll post my post from here Both "long" COVID-19 and CFS are likely caused by hypometabolism that I posted last night to this thread so it will be seen:

haidut said:

"...People with acute COVID-19 and people with ME/CFS share redox imbalance, systemic inflammation and neuroinflammation, impaired production of ATP and other abnormalities in common (Fig. 2), abnormalities that have bidirectional connections (169). The syndrome of long COVID-19 that can develop in some COVID-19 survivors (people called “long haulers”) is very similar to ME/CFS, so it may well be that the group of abnormalities seen in acute COVID-19 and in ME/CFS also will be seen in long COVID-19. Presumably, redox abnormalities in COVID-19 are secondary to the infection with SARS-CoV-2. The same may be true among those ME/CFS patients whose illness began with an “infectious-like” illness.

So is it beri-beri?

The Pandemic Within a Pandemic - LewRockwell
snippet:
"Furthermore, long-term Covid-19 symptoms (racing heart, crushing fatigue, shortness of breath, headache, muscle pain, sleeplessness, etc.) go unexplained. These symptoms are better explained by a vitamin B1 deficiency.

-and-

Fear and anxiety; the need of a relaxant

The lockdowns and frightening news reports that a mutated virus was about to eradicate human populations led to high levels of fear and anxiety. Subsequently, the consumption of alcohol and sugary foods, combined with sleeplessness which increased coffee and tea drinking, led to an unprecedented and widespread dietary deficiency. These foods and beverages block the absorption and transport of a key vitamin (B1, thiamine, pronounced thi-a-meen) that controls the human autonomic nervous system, which in turn controls the immune system.

The alcohol/B1 deficiency epidemic does not conveniently fit the profit-making objectives of vaccine makers nor the desires of politicians to control populations, and therefore it is conveniently overlooked.

The confounder

How do we know this?

A vitamin B1 deficiency, known as beriberi, continues to confound American medicine. How do we know this?

We know this because of data showing increased consumption of alcohol, coffee and tea during the pandemic.

The human body of an adult only has about 30 milligrams of vitamin B1 (thiamine). It is easily depleted.

The unexplained incidence of long-term Covid symptoms such as racing heart, chronic headache, crushing fatigue and even shortness of breath can only be explained by a deficiency of vitamin B1. No coronavirus, flu bug, or any other infection produces the symptoms observed with Covid-19.

The hidden epidemic preceded the Covid-epidemic

America was already experiencing a vitamin B1 epidemic when the Covid-19 pandemic was announced. With lockdowns the consumption of vitamin-B1-depleting alcohol at home rose 500%. Even prior to the pandemic in March of 2020, alcoholism accounted for 24% of adult emergency room/ambulance-delivered admissions. Alcoholism costs a staggering $100 billion in medical care, before Covid-19."

also this one: Do You Have Beri-Beri? - LewRockwell :
snippet:
"Modern beri beri is subtle. It is not the same vitamin deficiency disease that was traced to removal of bran from polished rice decades ago and quelled with vitamin fortified foods. As Dr. Lonsdale says, modern beri beri as a disease characterized by high calorie intake and where the diet is rich in carbohydrates. It occurs in over-fed human populations. As early as 1914 it was known that the risk for beriberi increases with greater carbohydrate and sugar consumption.

Dr. Lonsdale says there are often surprisingly clear clues to the disease found in the diet. Sugary foods, particularly those with sucrose and fructose, are the primary offenders. A classic example would be a person who consumes three or four cans of soda pop a day. A shortage of vitamin B1 then results in inefficient use of oxygen in the body and tissues that require high amounts of oxygen, such as the heart and brain, suffer the most.

The beri beri drum beats on

The list of maladies linked to vitamin B1 deficiency is extensive. It goes beyond heart failure, fibromyalgia and atrial fibrillation mentioned above.

In fact, in virtually every nerve disorder, including multiple sclerosis and glaucoma (optic nerve) a shortage of vitamin B1 should be ruled out with a strong repeated dose of a highly absorbable form of thiamin.

Today doctors may misdiagnose thiamin deficiency symptoms as Alzheimer's disease, congestive heart failure, amnesia, anorexia, cancer, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), peripheral neuropathy, irritable bowel (ulcerative colitis), loss of vision (amblyopia, cataract), epilepsy, schizophrenia, Guillain-Barré syndrome, glaucoma, arthritis, hearing loss, and psychosis.

Vitamin B1 requirements

But still, it is difficult for physicians to fathom that a shortage of a simple vitamin is what causes such widespread disease. After all, the daily requirement for vitamin B1 is just 1.5 milligrams per day, which should easily be met in a world of fortified foods and multivitamins. Furthermore, the body stores about 30-50 milligrams. But body stores can be depleted fairly rapidly, within 4-6 weeks. It is not fully appreciated that the human body's reserve pool of thiamin, can be fully depleted within days.

Beri beri modernus: it's in the tea cup, coffee mug and beer stein

The problem of thiamin deficiency may be traced to another daily practice, the consumption of coffee, tea or beer. Many millions of people consume coffee or tea at the same time they take their morning multivitamin. What's the problem with tea or coffee? They contain tannins (bitter parts) that alter vitamin B1 and render it useless. Sulfite preservatives, as found in wine, are another antagonist to B1. Alcohol also interferes with B1 absorption. In fact, about 30-80% of alcohol users have low circulating levels of B1. The lesson here is not to take vitamin B1 pills with coffee, tea or alcohol."

another article: Not the First Time a Vitamin Deficiency Was Confused For a Viral Epidemic

This article makes good points but it won't let me copy to paste here. So go take a look at it via the link.

-end-

Let's play "What If":
What if some lunatic Globalists were trying to thin the herd? What if they'd been working on this for decades trying to weaken and sicken us.... What if they laced our food with PUFA and polluted our water with fluoride and flooded our minds with ideas of consuming things like doughnuts and Big Gulps? What if they filled the skies with chemtrails that contain nano-particles of aluminum? Thiamine gets used up via high sugar consumption and alcohol. It gets blocked heavy metal toxins. So wouldn't supplementing with thiamine be a good idea?

mostlylurking

I suspect he is because I have learned to realize that this constant feeling of my body being "on fire" is inflammation/histamine release)
I don't think that's histamine release; I think that's lactic acidosis. Been there, done that. Thiamine resolves lactic acidosis very efficiently. Try taking some; 250-300mgs of thiamine hcl cleared my extreme inflammation in less than an hour. It didn't stay cleared, it came back, but this simple test showed me that my problem was with thiamine deficiency/functional blockage.

Birdie

I don't think that's histamine release; I think that's lactic acidosis. Been there, done that. Thiamine resolves lactic acidosis very efficiently. Try taking some; 250-300mgs of thiamine hcl cleared my extreme inflammation in less than an hour. It didn't stay cleared, it came back, but this simple test showed me that my problem was with thiamine deficiency/functional blockage.
Always glad to hear somebody benefit from thiamine. I began to suspect my husband had Parkinson's Disease a while back and started him on thiamine which has helped him a lot. Finding his needed dose took a year.
Now, we are upping it another 500mg an he says symptoms have improved. He takes 1000on rising, and other 1500mg early afternoon. And never near coffee or orange juice. Thankful for Dr Costantini.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals