Covid Intubation Cause Of Panicking?

CLASH

Yep, it's called "happy hypoxia". Doctors are so dumbfounded by it that most of them deny that it exists, and when presented with evidence, just pretend the oximeter was faulty.

It is probably involved with nitric oxide, which counteracts CO2

I'm what doctors would call a "moderate" case, and I've had O2 sats as low as 65%...but they always go back up to 98 after a minute or so.

was this before COVID?

I've seen people walking around with low sats as well, this was before COVID. Its pretty common in the hospital. Alot of old people sit low on thier sats at rest, we generally give them O2 via nasal canula depending on diagnosis. Alot of people desaturate during the night from apnea and can go down to the high 70. Also, alot of people sat low due to vasoconstriction or poor circulation. Theres alot that goes into O2 sats.

With COVID I worked with quite a few people who would drop momentarily with thier sats when acutely sick. As long as they came back up within a few minutes I tend not to think much of it.

As for the young boy, it seems that something went wrong with the ECMO set up. The ECMO pumps can cause a lot of issues just like vents, although via different mechanisms. For example the filter that oxygenates the blood for the body can lyse the red blood cells, among other complications such as coagulation issues and catheter issues that can lead to serious events like what happened with this young boy. The build up of blood in the chest cavity indicates to me that something else may have happened besides COVID related respiratory issues. One of my closest friends is an ECMO nurse, I lived with him this past year, so I got a decent run down on the pumps and the issues that can arise. Just for basic context I'm a nurse as well, just in a different area of nursing.

Perry Staltic

I've seen people walking around with low sats as well, this was before COVID. Its pretty common in the hospital. Alot of old people sit low on thier sats at rest, we generally give them O2 via nasal canula depending on diagnosis. Alot of people desaturate during the night from apnea and can go down to the high 70. Also, alot of people sat low due to vasoconstriction or poor circulation. Theres alot that goes into O2 sats.

With COVID I worked with quite a few people who would drop momentarily with thier sats when acutely sick. As long as they came back up within a few minutes I tend not to think much of it.

As for the young boy, it seems that something went wrong with the ECMO set up. The ECMO pumps can cause a lot of issues just like vents, although via different mechanisms. For example the filter that oxygenates the blood for the body can lyse the red blood cells, among other complications such as coagulation issues and catheter issues that can lead to serious events like what happened with this young boy. The build up of blood in the chest cavity indicates to me that something else may have happened besides COVID related respiratory issues. One of my closest friends is an ECMO nurse, I lived with him this past year, so I got a decent run down on the pumps and the issues that can arise. Just for basic context I'm a nurse as well, just in a different area of nursing.

From what I've read, they didn't used to tube patients as much or as early as they do now with covid. I know the early and frequent tubing of patients started because they were afraid of aerosolizing virus. That was specified in WHO guidelines. The trigger point for intubation used to be when patients' sats didn't improve with more than 6 liters/min of O2. That trigger seems to have gone away, but now seems to have been replaced with a work of breathing (WOB) trigger.

Reading doctors' posts on twitter I get the impression they really don't know what the hell they're doing, and almost seem compelled to stick a tube down patients' throats rather than do the hard work of treating patients in ways that don't harm them. I read of patients who are not tubed and survive, but I never read about patients who died because they or their doctor refused the vent. A while back an ER doctor posted on twitter about a patient who had a sat of 64. The doc refused to vent and treated him with high flow oxygen and proning, and the patient was discharged after 8 days. I have a link to that post, but it's been deleted. Now why would someone delete a great success story like that unless he was being pressured from above, or laterally from his peers? It's almost like there's pressure to vent covid patients that didn't used to be there with other illnesses.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals