Covid Causing Breathless Feeling Without Breathing Difficulty

KyrieEleison

Day 8 of verified covid infection and I have developed a feeling of breathlessness without actually having breathing difficulties. It's the feeling of having high CO2 levels which prompts deep breathing but i have no cough, phlegm or any trouble breathing in. It seems to also be causing fatigue and brain fog Any idea what is causing this and how to get relief?

Maljam

Do you have an oximeter have you tested your spo2 levels? How old are you?

Day 8 of verified covid infection and I have developed a feeling of breathlessness without actually having breathing difficulties. It's the feeling of having high CO2 levels which prompts deep breathing but i have no cough, phlegm or any trouble breathing in. It seems to also be causing fatigue and brain fog Any idea what is causing this and how to get relief?

Maybe, maybe low dose aspirin 100mg, vitamin C as ascorbic acid, vitamin D 10000 IU/day, NAC 500mg

TheSir

From what I am aware, it's due to the virus attacking red blood cells and decoupling iron from them, sabotaging your blood's ability to carry oxygen. So your body is made to breathe more in order to maintain sufficient oxygen saturation. There is not much you can do to directly address this issue.

Jam

From what I am aware, it's due to the virus attacking red blood cells and decoupling iron from them, sabotaging your blood's ability to carry oxygen. So your body is made to breathe more in order to maintain sufficient oxygen saturation. There is not much you can do to directly address this issue.

Yes there is. Methylene Blue.

gaze

thats interesting, I've had the same thing for a couple weeks which I had assumed was a low grade allergy to something im eating but maybe its covid. For me it feels the same, I have no anxiety, no trouble breathing, no phlegm, no cough, but each breath I take feels like its not satisfying the deepest level of respiration, like Im never fully satisfied with a breath, probably something to do with the co2 oxygen levels, or increased endotoxin absorbtion

Based Kantian

Have you tried breathing into a paper bag? An infection or even the panic associated with an infection can cause you to hyperventilate and lose co2, which can cause the breathless feeling

Diokine

I think this is from wide scale activation of the kynurenine pathway, which is activated during immune challenge to consume free tryptophan and to modulate the response of various tissues to immune regulation. Tryptophan dioxygenase works mostly in the liver to convert tryptophan into kynurenine, consuming oxygen. In the rest of tissues, indoleamine dioxygenase consumes tryptophan, among other tryptamines like serotonin, along with oxygen and superoxide, to produce kynurenine and other metabolites. I think that the extreme activation of this system is sufficient to trigger breathing stress through the consumption of oxygen, loss of vascular tone from superoxide and other radicals, and reduction in respiratory nervous centers from reduced serotonin production. There are other factors at work but this seems priority from my perspective.

I think exposure to bright sunlight or UV emitting bulbs would be effective at restoring tone, along with natural inhibitors of IDO. These include melatonin, acetylsalicylic acid, and flavones from plant sources. Flavones like chrysin from propolis, apigenin and naringin from orange peels, lavender oil, limonene, and compounds like curcumin might be helpful.

Additionally, vitamin B3 (nicotinamide or niacin) may help NAD+/NADH fluency and I suspect it may be helpful in restoring the balance of tryptophan/kynurenine. It may also assist breathing function through other mechanisms that are beyond the scope of this reply.

Tonic water containing quinine may also be tasty.

OP
K

KyrieEleison

I think this is from wide scale activation of the kynurenine pathway, which is activated during immune challenge to consume free tryptophan and to modulate the response of various tissues to immune regulation. Tryptophan dioxygenase works mostly in the liver to convert tryptophan into kynurenine, consuming oxygen. In the rest of tissues, indoleamine dioxygenase consumes tryptophan, among other tryptamines like serotonin, along with oxygen and superoxide, to produce kynurenine and other metabolites. I think that the extreme activation of this system is sufficient to trigger breathing stress through the consumption of oxygen, loss of vascular tone from superoxide and other radicals, and reduction in respiratory nervous centers from reduced serotonin production. There are other factors at work but this seems priority from my perspective.

I think exposure to bright sunlight or UV emitting bulbs would be effective at restoring tone, along with natural inhibitors of IDO. These include melatonin, acetylsalicylic acid, and flavones from plant sources. Flavones like chrysin from propolis, apigenin and naringin from orange peels, lavender oil, limonene, and compounds like curcumin might be helpful.

Additionally, vitamin B3 (nicotinamide or niacin) may help NAD+/NADH fluency and I suspect it may be helpful in restoring the balance of tryptophan/kynurenine. It may also assist breathing function through other mechanisms that are beyond the scope of this reply.

Tonic water containing quinine may also be tasty.

Tonic is very tasty! Great stuff ill increase niacinamide and aspirin consumption amongst others. Thanks!

Jam

I take a drop of methlyene blue every night

I think you'd need a bit more than one drop, which is normally 500mcg. More like 10-20mg. I'd also take aspirin, thiamine, riboflavin and either sunlight or a uv lamp + red light.