Covid-19: What Caused Positive Tests To Increase So Much Recently?

J

jb116

How do you mean didn't get a test but still got a positive covid result? You mean they were informed that they're positive without even taking the test? I heard this rumor so many times in my country and elsewhere, but so far just assumed it's bunk. Is this really happening??
Yes, I can corroborate. As mentioned in another thread I know people, very close, who work in testing labs. Not only are people counted multiple times, some are registered as positive without having been tested.

Drareg

Hi everyone, I live in Central Europe and in the last few weeks, the rate of positive PCR tests (percentage of positive tests) for covid-19 has increased tremendously here. I recall in March and April ("first wave") we had around 3% positive test rate constantly and we were among the countries that had relatively little damage from covid. Same goes for many countries around here like Germany and Austria. On the other hand, Italy in March and April had a very high positive rate on PCR tests - I think it was around 25% - and as we all know, they also had the biggest damage due to covid. I was wondering already back then, why on Earth does Italy have such a high rate and us and say Germany such a low rate? How can the difference be so big in countries that are situated so close?

But now in the last weeks, positive rate in my country and it seems also many countries around here (Central & Eastern Europe) increased steeply towards 25% or even more. Suddenly many, many people are testing positive. What is going on?

People here explain it as just a bad "second wave", but it all seems very illogical to me. It is not the real cold and flu season yet (that comes after December), temperatures have been warm, we have many measures (masks even outside), people apart from some getting colds and flus don't seem very ill... however I try to fit everything together, it doesn't seem as if the official theories can explain this.

So I was wondering, is there a possibility that we received a different batch of tests (tests that show a much higher percentage as positive) this autumn as compared to the spring? And Italy already received these tests in the spring? Because I can't explain this in any other way. I read that tests can differ quite a bit even in what sequences they look for etc.

If anyone has any idea what could be going on, please let me know. I expect the countries around here might follow Italy's case and will be hit badly this winter if this will continue.

Hospital admissions increase at this time of year and on top of that a backlog of appointments because of lockdown.
They test all hospital admissions, the tests are also carried out in an environment where the virus is present, if they lower the amplification cycle of the PCR test like Taiwan the numbers will be lower, Taiwan is home to Taiwan semi conductors and is never getting disrupted like we are in Europe.

Be mindful of the language used in headlines for covid, many of the positive tests are asymptomatic and many of the ICU admissions are for an underlying condition not specifically covid.

OP
B

blob69

...if they lower the amplification cycle of the PCR test like Taiwan the numbers will be lower, Taiwan is home to Taiwan semi conductors and is never getting disrupted like we are in Europe.

OK, this is strange... so Taiwan basically uses a different strategy to test (with lower cycles)? Do you have a source for this? I wonder if other countries in Asia are also testing differently - they seem to have much less covid than the West, despite living in crowded cities, taking rides in crowded metros etc. (It is said it's because they wear masks, but I don't believe masks could be this effective if aerosols contain the virus. Plus now we wear masks here too.)

Geronimo

What is the rationale behind this? Is it that a person has symptoms and is therefore counted as positive?

It's just an unexplained method of Stat padding. I've heard hundreds of people claiming this happened to them. I assume it's widespread, considering I never even look for it. I just keep hearing about it in different places.

J

jb116

gates_lie_with_statistics.jpg

OK, this is strange... so Taiwan basically uses a different strategy to test (with lower cycles)? Do you have a source for this? I wonder if other countries in Asia are also testing differently - they seem to have much less covid than the West, despite living in crowded cities, taking rides in crowded metros etc. (It is said it's because they wear masks, but I don't believe masks could be this effective if aerosols contain the virus. Plus now we wear masks here too.)

Please read this article carefully: COVID19 PCR Tests are Scientifically Meaningless.

The authors explain in detail why the Drosten RT-PCR test-- the first to be accepted by the WHO-- is being used fraudulently to create a wave of positive test results which do not correspond with a relative increase in symptomatic patients, hospitalizations, or deaths.

Drareg

@Homo Consumericus provides an interesting link.
Forbes just deleted an article of how PCR tests caused a fake pandemic in 2009, blatant censoring again, it’s reposted here and worth reading. It’s an exaggerated response that doesn’t merit the authoritarian measures taken, the word fraud is reasonable to use at this point, no science allowed.
It’s been used as a cover for trillion dollar bank bailouts, zombie pharma company bailouts and general wealth transfer from the tax payer to the billionaire class.
Archived: Why The WHO Faked A Pandemic - Forbes

I posted here another article about the fake whooping cough pandemic, it’s an article from the ruling class puff piece outlet the new York times, it will probably be removed soon also-NY Times Article In 2007 On PCR Testing

Last edited:

Elie

Forum Supporter
These two documents explain the issues with the PCR test

it could be that the number of cycles used in each test went up. Ultimately the test is useless at identifying a virus that may have never been isolated (put through specialized membranes to remove other cells and materials around it).

Attachments

• COVID-19-SWAB-TESTS-LAWSUITS.pdf
    36.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Covid-19-tests-English.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 6
OP
B

blob69

These two documents explain the issues with the PCR test

it could be that the number of cycles used in each test went up. Ultimately the test is useless at identifying a virus that may have never been isolated (put through specialized membranes to remove other cells and materials around it).

Thanks, this is very useful! I'm still suspecting that the issue is with the test - perhaps a Central European distributor is now selling us very unreliable tests? It's suspicious that countries that are economically very connected - Germany, Austria, Czech Rep., Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary - are now all testing positive in huge numbers. The curves in all these countries are very, very similar. Also in the spring the situation in all these countries was very similar, but it was the opposite to what is happening now - only a small percentage tested positive and we had a very manageable situation.

Why would a virus simultaneously start infecting in all these countries at precisely the same time? Our stupid immunologists explain it as "very illogical, but probably something to do with our shared love of Croatian seaside"... :depressed:

Slovakia just had half of its population tested on Saturday with rapid antigen tests and they showed that about 1% of the population is positive. Meanwhile PCR tests are coming back with a much higher positive rate (around 20% in Slovakia). While more asymptomatic people got tested with antigen tests, still many asymptomatic are tested with PCR too and 1% compared to 20% is a huge difference.

It would be interesting if someone did a study and tested a group of people with different tests (ideally all three - PCR, antigen and antibody). Given all this, I would not be surprised if the results would be completely illogical...

yashi

Open Letter: Refuting Politifact’s “fact check”

These guys wrote an article a few months ago about how the PCR tests done for corona are meaningless. PolitiFact then "fact checked" it and the sharing on facebook etc. got disabled. The link above is the authors reply to the fact checking to which they never received a reply from PolitiFact, nor did the PolitiFact article ever get updated.

What you can easily see from this is, on the one hand honest scientific journalism asking real questions and trying to actually lay out their arguments with substantiated references and nuanced dissection of those. On the other hand you see fact checkers making simplyfied statements and blind and religious reliance on whatever agency or whoever's opinion they want to make "right". (And NOT in the slightest equally nuanced scientific argumentation)

Now, I am not even saying the critics here are always right, but atleast this open scientific discussion should be this nuanced and evidence based on both sides, instead of just falling back on endless calls to authorities, cherry-picking, and other fallacies to give the well-thought out, nuanced and well sourced article the "liar liar pants on fire"-stamp.

Giraffe

I think the test is meaningless. PCR tests are not meant to diagnose anything. It could have some value if you test someone sick (someone diagnosed by a doctor, someone with symptoms) and if you suspect an infection and if you want to find out which bug is causing it... Then a PCR test could have some meaning. But since SARS-CoV-2 has never been isolated we don't know what this test really is measuring. Leave alone the many cycles they often run (according to the inventor of the PCR method you can find about anything with enough cycles.)

Having said this... The question in the original post was: "Why have positive tests increased?"

There was an article recently in Germany. "Positive results" of one lab have been retested in another lab, and 58 out of 60 turned out to be false. The article explained that the laboratories have run out of the raw materials to do the tests. So they use whatever they have, stuff that the PCR test is not designed for. They also mentioned that the staff in the labs is at its limits. (It's well known from hospitals that hygiene suffers first.)

Just my 2 cents. Sorry if this has been posted before.

boris

@Giraffe
[nevermind, found the article]

Weirdly this happened at MVZ-Labor Augsburg, it's the same lab that deleted their controversial blog update:
GenePro SARS-CoV-2 Test Kit - Gencurix - Page - PDF Catalogs | Technical Documentation
The PCR tests detect 2 sequences the ORF1 gene (only this one is specific to the "dangerous" novel SARS-CoV2) and E-gene (part of old harmless coronavirus and the new one). When only the E-gene is detected, it means there is no sign of SARS-CoV2:
View attachment 18375

A german lab reported in April that according to WHO recommendation they should report SARS-CoV2 positive even if they only detect the E-gene. They have recently deleted this update from their website, I suppose they were getting too many questions. Fortunately I saved the page:
e-gene-jpg.18376

Last edited:

DrJ

I'm living in Belgium right now and I think the reason for more positive tests is pretty simple. Here they don't have enough tests so they will only test you if you show symptoms. This automatically biases the sampling towards those who have it and you'll have less negative tests than if you did an unbiased sample, full population sampling. Many of my friends who were exposed were refused a test unless they had symptoms.

OP
B

blob69

There was an article recently in Germany. "Positive results" of one lab have been retested in another lab, and 58 out of 60 turned out to be false. The article explained that the laboratories have run out of the raw materials to do the tests. So they use whatever they have, stuff that the PCR test is not designed for. They also mentioned that the staff in the labs is at its limits. (It's well known from hospitals that hygiene suffers first.)

This is very interesting, thanks! Can you please send a link to the article?

OP
B

blob69

I'm living in Belgium right now and I think the reason for more positive tests is pretty simple. Here they don't have enough tests so they will only test you if you show symptoms. This automatically biases the sampling towards those who have it and you'll have less negative tests than if you did an unbiased sample, full population sampling. Many of my friends who were exposed were refused a test unless they had symptoms.

Here it's just the opposite - in the spring testing was very limited and mostly symptomatic people could be tested. Now they test around 10 times as many people, including many asymptomatic (those crossing borders, people who were in contact with infected person etc.). So the numbers should be just the opposite - it's actually one reason why I'm so skeptical about all this!

It's only now that they said they will limit testing a bit because the labs are overburdened. We'll see how this affects the results.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals