Covid-19: What Caused Positive Tests To Increase So Much Recently?

mrchibbs

That's interesting to explore. Italy was testing like crazy in March/April, while we had still very restricted testing back then. Now we're testing a lot here too. But why would a lot of testing lead to a much higher percentage of positive tests is unclear to me.

That is interesting for sure. We're I am at the infection rates are wayyy down and we're testing more people than ever.

At the core I think the tests are completely unreliable, there has been too much smoke, from the get-go. I remember a chinese article from March-April which was withdrawn, and it said that as much as 80% of the positives in China were false positives.

boris

So I was wondering, is there a possibility that we received a different batch of tests (tests that show a much higher percentage as positive) this autumn as compared to the spring? And Italy already received these tests in the spring? Because I can't explain this in any other way. I read that tests can differ quite a bit even in what sequences they look for etc.

Also entirely possible. There have even been legit reports worldwide about testing kits contaminated with actual coronaviruses:
CDC’s failed coronavirus tests were tainted with coronavirus, feds confirm

mrchibbs

A lot of people took "stay home" really serious. It would be no wonder if they are susceptible to infections earlier than usual this year. Add to that the stress of lockdowns and a "killer virus" on the loose. Personally I hear about a lot of people getting sick right now.

I think the stress is the major factor. There is clear science showing that social isolation, lack of human touch and intimacy etc. lowers immunity. In the charts I posted on the other thread, one aspect I thought reflected this influence of stress is that hospitalizations per case went up dramatically right after the mask was made mandatory. I think it created a climate of fear and anxiety.

OP
B

blob69

That is interesting for sure. We're I am at the infection rates are wayyy down and we're testing more people than ever.

At the core I think the tests are completely unreliable, there has been too much smoke, from the get-go. I remember a chinese article from March-April which was withdrawn, and it said that as much as 80% of the positives in China were false positives.

Yeah, unreliability so far explains it best. Are you in Europe too?

OP
B

blob69

OP
B

blob69

I think the stress is the major factor. There is clear science showing that social isolation, lack of human touch and intimacy etc. lowers immunity. In the charts I posted on the other thread, one aspect I thought reflected this influence of stress is that hospitalizations per case went up dramatically right after the mask was made mandatory. I think it created a climate of fear and anxiety.

In fact, deaths went up exactly at the time lockdowns were put in place in each country studied here: Questions for Lockdown Apologists

It wouldn't surprise me if lockdowns and crazy treatments caused them in the least.

David Icke was saying something about PCR testing being a super recent advent, invented around 1983 or so and the guy who invented it specifically said that it shouldn't be used to diagnose the presence of a disease because it's measuring exosomes - also a very recent discovery - which are generalized DNA mediators which appear depending on generalized inflammation... i.e. if you're in a car accident or under greater stress, more exosome activity (maybe something to do with increased epigenetic expression) is happening and it therefore makes any such testing more likely to come back with a "positive." Further, according to Icke, the testing kits can be manipulated and ran at different amplification cycles. He was saying that if you run a PCR test at xx magnification cycles it'll kick back with a 5% positive rate, but if you kick it up to xx times 2 cycles, 30% of the population will come back "positive."

There was also a video posted on infowars months back at the time the media was threatening that cases were resurging in America as the first phase of quarantine was ending for most states... Then California added 90 days to their lockdown. The article was cold proof of a Texas judge signing off on new legislature that allowed media reporting to state that a "probable case" was just simply a "case" with the implication that it was a "confirmed case." In addition to this change, there was also a 3-box system that was basically 1) 100 degree mild fever, 2) cough or sneeze, and 3) living in an "endemic area" where "someone has tested positive." If 2/3 of these boxes were checked, a person was deemed a probable case. On top of this, for every probable case, 15 additional cases were stacked for each single-case based on a computer model that would project more probable cases. So basically for every person who was documented by a member of the medical industrial complex to fulfill 2 out of those 3 boxes, the media reported "16 cases."

Even the judge in the video was skeptical, making a mention that he sees how it would cause the numbers to spike. Though it was only brief footage from Texas, the same principle likely applies all over the world. The darkness wears a suit while the children throw rocks and whine about coloring books.

And yeah, Alex Jones and David Icke are shady for their own reasons, I'm not here to vouch for them all the way through and all the time, but these things that they brought to light are worth thinking on.

I can't find the original report on the "probable case" fiasco, but these two articles both mention it:

Flashback: Texas Judge Warns New Covid-19 Guidelines Could “Artificially Increase” Case Totals

Texas County Drops From 4600+ Active Covid Cases to Under 100 After Audit

boris

The people walking around with the masks makes it a more tangible threat that stays top of mind. You don't even have to watch the news and you'll still have a reason to be scared.

In the last days I was really puzzled to see exclusively masked people walking by the street down my window. No one was wearing a mask outside before that apart from the ocassional single person. Today I see that my city made masks mandatory OUTSIDE. Well for 10 specific streets and one of them is mine. It's really annoying that people are so eager to follow orders on how to behave themselves in ways that they quite clearly never would have chosen to do on their own. At this point I think that if they made actual diapers mandatory, people would wear them no questions asked.

Maljam

A lot of people took "stay home" really serious. It would be no wonder if they are susceptible to infections earlier than usual this year. Add to that the stress of lockdowns and a "killer virus" on the loose. Personally I hear about a lot of people getting sick right now.

But are more people getting more sick than normal? Or is it a form of confirmation bias, where everyone is looking for people with covid? I think about my work place, a nasty bug flew through the place a few winters back, about half the staff were off over a month period, nobody particularly thought much of it. Now people come in and mention the covid catchers by name, as if it's almost some sort of reward, they list them off. "Have you heard X is covid positive? Oh no, how is Y, they were positive last week too."

boris

But are more people getting more sick than normal? Or is it a form of confirmation bias, where everyone is looking for people with covid? I think about my work place, a nasty bug flew through the place a few winters back, about half the staff were off over a month period, nobody particularly thought much of it. Now people come in and mention the covid catchers by name, as if it's almost some sort of reward, they list them off. "Have you heard X is covid positive? Oh no, how is Y, they were positive last week too."

Yeah I don't think the numbers are or will be too unusual. I noticed the same thing, "did you hear he got COVID?". Usually people don't talk about their friends catching a flu.

Geronimo

I really like my good friend's approach to it. It's very zen: "I don't give a fu** about covid. If I get it and don't die, then it was nothing. If I get it and die, then I won't give a fu** because I'm dead". It's horribly unscientific, but he's had zero stress about the entire situation lol

JudiBlueHen

Forum Supporter
So what if the test is now less specific - picking up more varieties of coronavirus, and calling them all COVID? I realize there are multiple tests and vendors and such, but still a large spike could be expected if the normal coronaviruses are now being "found" and counted as COVID.

Geronimo

So what if the test is now less specific - picking up more varieties of coronavirus, and calling them all COVID? I realize there are multiple tests and vendors and such, but still a large spike could be expected if the normal coronaviruses are now being "found" and counted as COVID.
Have the new quick results tests come out yet? I have to assume there could potentially be major issues with them.

OP
B

blob69

Yeah I don't think the numbers are or will be too unusual. I noticed the same thing, "did you hear he got COVID?". Usually people don't talk about their friends catching a flu.

Here is the same, everyone now has covid (as compared to spring, when it was rare to know anyone with covid). Many have no symptoms, some have cold/flu symptoms, nothing unusual. The people that I know of who had complications were all on ventilators.

Frankdee20

Because Trump needs to go in the eyes of the left, but let’s blame him for AIDS

Mll777

I know two cases of people who are working in healthcare system, that didn't get a test but still got a postive covid result.... That is just in my small circle of people I know....

OP
B

blob69

I know two cases of people who are working in healthcare system, that didn't get a test but still got a postive covid result....

How do you mean didn't get a test but still got a positive covid result? You mean they were informed that they're positive without even taking the test? I heard this rumor so many times in my country and elsewhere, but so far just assumed it's bunk. Is this really happening??

Geronimo

How do you mean didn't get a test but still got a positive covid result? You mean they were informed that they're positive without even taking the test? I heard this rumor so many times in my country and elsewhere, but so far just assumed it's bunk. Is this really happening??
Absolutely

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals