Covid-19 Vaccines Lead to New Infections and Mortality: The Evidence is Overwhelming

Lollipop2

7BAB2DAC-D6ED-40E2-A703-44F6759EC7F8.jpeg

Peater Piper

That's a really weird wording and seems to be out of context. Surely it's not lowering antibodies that an uninfected person wouldn't even have? What is he comparing the level of antibodies to?

Okay, I found the study. Basically, the neutralizing antibodies that result from vaccination don't work very well against delta compared to previous variants, and age is correlated to lower levels of antibodies. It's not saying that getting vaccinated actually reduces preexisting antibody levels. I am curious what happens in the vaccinated once they do get infected. Does the vaccine alter the immune response, or does the body start developing a response similar to that of an unvaccinated person once exposed?
Two doses of BNT162b2 elicited ELISA-detected anti-Wild-type spike antibodies in all participants, and NAb activity against all strains, including the three VOCs tested, in all except six (3%) and nine (5%) of 159 participants who lacked NAb activity against B.1.617.2 and B.1.351, respectively (appendix p 2). NAbTs of sera correlated well between Wild-type and variants (appendix p 2; RS>0·82, p<2 × 10−16), as well as between VOCs (B.1.617.2 vs B.1.351: RS=0·85, p<2 × 10−16). However, NAbTs were 5·8-fold reduced against B.1.617.2 relative to Wild-type (95% CI 5·0–6·9), significantly more reduced than against B.1.1.7 (2·6-fold vs Wild-type, 95% CI 2·2–3·1), and on a similar order to the reduction observed against B.1.351 (4·9-fold vs Wild-type, 95% CI 4·2–5·7).

Notably, across all variants, increased age significantly correlated with reduced NAbT (appendix p 2; −0·33<RS<–0·27; 2·2 × 10−5<p<5·6 × 10−4), whereas no correlation was observed for sex or body-mass index (appendix p 4). NAbTs reduced over time after administration of the second dose of BNT162b2: participants (n=14) who attended an additional study visit 8–16 weeks after their second BNT162b2 dose showed significantly reduced NAbTs against all variants (appendix p 2; 0·0002<p<0·0134). While the final NAbTs against Wild-type, D614G, and B.1.1.7 remained within the quantitative range of our assay (IC50>40), two participants' NAbTs against VOCs B.1.617.2 and B.1.351 dropped below 40 on their later study visit about 3 months after their second BNT162b2 dose.

Jam

That's a really weird wording and seems to be out of context. Surely it's not lowering antibodies that an uninfected person wouldn't even have? What is he comparing the level of antibodies to?

Okay, I found the study. Basically, the neutralizing antibodies that result from vaccination don't work very well against delta compared to previous variants, and age is correlated to lower levels of antibodies. It's not saying that getting vaccinated actually reduces preexisting antibody levels. I am curious what happens in the vaccinated once they do get infected. Does the vaccine alter the immune response, or does the body start developing a response similar to that of an unvaccinated person once exposed?

Infection-enhancing anti-SARS-CoV-2 antibodies recognize both the original Wuhan/D614G strain and Delta variants. A potential risk for mass vaccination ?

Abstract​

Antibody dependent enhancement (ADE) of infection is a safety concern for vaccine strategies. In a recent publication, Li et al. (Cell 184 :1-17, 2021) have reported that infection-enhancing antibodies directed against the N-terminal domain (NTD) of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein facilitate virus infection in vitro, but not in vivo. However, this study was performed with the original Wuhan/D614G strain. Since the Covid-19 pandemic is now dominated with Delta variants, we analyzed the interaction of facilitating antibodies with the NTD of these variants. Using molecular modelling approaches, we show that enhancing antibodies have a higher affinity for Delta variants than for Wuhan/D614G NTDs. We show that enhancing antibodies reinforce the binding of the spike trimer to the host cell membrane by clamping the NTD to lipid raft microdomains. This stabilizing mechanism may facilitate the conformational change that induces the demasking of the receptor binding domain. As the NTD is also targeted by neutralizing antibodies, our data suggest that the balance between neutralizing and facilitating antibodies in vaccinated individuals is in favor of neutralization for the original Wuhan/D614G strain. However, in the case of the Delta variant, neutralizing antibodies have a decreased affinity for the spike protein, whereas facilitating antibodies display a strikingly increased affinity. Thus, ADE may be a concern for people receiving vaccines based on the original Wuhan strain spike sequence (either mRNA or viral vectors). Under these circumstances, second generation vaccines with spike protein formulations lacking structurally-conserved ADE-related epitopes should be considered.

Birdie

This was an eye opener article. Thank you.

One takeaway:
"mass vaccination is turning healthy people into asymptomatic breeding grounds and spreaders of evolving, more infectious variants, which is quite the opposite effect of what mass vaccination was supposed to do (i.e., to generate herd immunity)."

Hugh Johnson

I'm pretty sure the neutralizing antibodies are produced in response to infection. so what this appears to be arguing it that the vaccinated,once infected, produce only a fraction of these antibodies when infected. One effect of this would be that they struggle to build a sterilizing immunity.

somuch4food

Thanks for the link. It seems very reasonable.

I really wanted to take the vaccine, but I realized I was only willing to do it for others' sake.

My personal instincts tell me to stay away from it, but my personality desperately wants to be in harmony with my community and family. That's one of my main personality trait that I am starting to understand better and try to be aware of. A healthy person won't always put others first. To take care of others I need to take care of myself.

Inaut

I really wanted to take the vaccine, but I realized I was only willing to do it for others' sake.

My personal instincts tell me to stay away from it, but my personality desperately wants to be in harmony with my community and family. That's one of my main personality trait that I am starting to understand better and try to be aware of. A healthy person won't always put others first. To take care of others I need to take care of myself.
By giving in, you are selling out the future of humanity. All the children......... I don't have kids but I see a glimmer of hope in them and figure we need to fight for humanity at this point. If your family has drank the cool aid....they are selfish and you being selfless won't do any good...Most people have sealed their fates...JMO of course...and I'm a nobody so disregard

somuch4food

By giving in, you are selling out the future of humanity. All the children......... I don't have kids but I see a glimmer of hope in them and figure we need to fight for humanity at this point. If your family has drank the cool aid....they are selfish and you being selfless won't do any good...Most people have sealed their fates...JMO of course...and I'm a nobody so disregard
I disagree that they are selfish. Nobody around me is pushing me to take it. They are genuinely concerned about me because they seriously believe the vaccine is the solution and want me to be safe... They do not have the apprehension I have in regards to modern medicine.

My sister is on my side which helps a bit in staying strong.

Makrosky

Received and saved. This will be presented at some point in the near future I’m quite sure. As things get stranger though... I’d recommend that people do not quit their jobs if bullied. Either stick around and sue, go on disability due to stress or just f the dog until you are fired and then sue. Not ideal but atleast money will be coming in for long enough to set up an exit strategy. We can’t go easily on this one. I’m ready for all of the above.
+1 I have been advicing
other people this. And I am prepared for the same.

Lollipop2

+1 Beautiful. What wonderful processing and clarity for you! This situation has taught me soooo much about myself and about who are my true friends.

OP
B

Braveheart

@Rick K
I realise that, you are absolutely right but I am just hopeful that some of the people of Ireland are at last
waking up a bit ang getting angry because they are so far behind is ridiculous.
I live in the UK but my whole family back in Ireland have been double jabbed I am in shock.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals