COVID-19 Mortality Rate Close to Zero Could Theoretically Be Achieved at 50 ng/mL 25(OH)D3: Results of a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis

Mauritio

The thought that something as simple as vitamin D being able to end this , all of this, is quite something.

I told this to several people, they all couldnt believe it. It's simply too easy of a solution.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

I‘d be interested how much vitamin D is needed to achieve 50 ng/ml.

I‘ve seen papers that estimate an increase of 12 nmol/ml or 4.8 ng/ml per 1000 IU. That matches my experience. I’ve seen multiple relatives who took 5000 IU daily and only brought their vitamin D up to 25-30 ng/ml after a few months.

So that might indicate it would require around 10‘000 IU to achieve 50 ng/ml long-term.

I think it’s always best to get a blood test to be sure you are in the optimal range. And be sure to pause the vitamin D intake for at least 3 days to avoid falsely high vitamin D levels. Had multiple cases where this screwed the whole picture.

I‘ve seen papers that estimate an increase of 12 nmol/ml or 4.8 ng/ml per 1000 IU. That matches my experience. I’ve seen multiple relatives who took 5000 IU daily and only brought their vitamin D up to 25-30 ng/ml after a few months.

So that might indicate it would require around 10‘000 IU to achieve 50 ng/ml long-term.

I think it’s always best to get a blood test to be sure you are in the optimal range. And be sure to pause the vitamin D intake for at least 3 days to avoid falsely high vitamin D levels. Had multiple cases where this screwed the whole picture.

I've gotten to 125 nmol/L (50 ng/mL) with about 6000-8000 IU daily, twice (not twice a day but in 2013 and now in 2020 when I became deficient again).

Mauritio

I think topical application might help as you bypass the liver and intestines and the rest of the body gets more ...

GTW

D and Mg are interdependent. Mg can compensate for lower D status but also limits increase above 30 ng/ml. It would seem that a study correlating D blood levels with immunity should factor in Mg.
If massive D supplements don't increase D levels above 40 your body could be telling you to back off.
>Magnesium supplementation increased the 25(OH)D3 concentration when baseline 25(OH)D concentrations were close to 30 ng/mL, but decreased it when baseline 25(OH)D was higher (from ∼30 to 50 ng/mL). Magnesium treatment significantly affected 24,25(OH)2D3 concentration when baseline 25(OH)D concentration was 50 ng/mL but not 30 ng/mL. On the other hand, magnesium treatment increased 25(OH)D2 as baseline 25(OH)D increased.Mg is essential in the metabolism of vitamin D, and taking large doses of vitamin D can induce severe depletion of Mg. Adequate magnesium supplementation should be considered as an important aspect of vitamin D therapy.Magnesium supplementation increased the 25(OH)D3 concentration when baseline 25(OH)D concentrations were close to 30 ng/mL, but decreased it when baseline 25(OH)D was higher (from ∼30 to 50 ng/mL). Magnesium treatment significantly affected 24,25(OH)2D3 concentration when baseline 25(OH)D concentration was 50 ng/mL but not 30 ng/mL. On the other hand, magnesium treatment increased 25(OH)D2 as baseline 25(OH)D increased.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6693398/

aniciete

I think topical application might help as you bypass the liver and intestines and the rest of the body gets more ...
Has anybody successfully raised levels with topical D? I’ve never seen anyone provide a blood test showing they raised their levels.

xeliex

Forum Supporter

For me it's 8000 iu or more.
For others I've seen it as low as 2000 iu

Mauritio

Has anybody successfully raised levels with topical D? I’ve never seen anyone provide a blood test showing they raised their levels.
I'm gonna take a blood test this week. My last one was 31ng/dl. So we will see. But I have no way of knowing if it's only through topical application since I also use orally .

Havde

The authors of the study suggests 4000-10000 I.U. in order to get blood levels of 40-60 ng/ml.

Risingfire

Depends on a variety of factors including weight and estrogen

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom