COVID-19 and Vitamin A

AmyJaneYates

What dosage of vit A are you taking if you have covid? Dosing up or down? I’ve seen conflicting info…

Thanks!

ArtIt

What dosage of vit A are you taking if you have covid? Dosing up or down? I’ve seen conflicting info…

Thanks!
Is it necessary to take it vit A to beat covid? I have had delta covid, in three weeks it was gone. To save the lungs I Inhaled through the nose several times a day for 10 minutes through a peace of cloth that was sprinkled by vodka (any liquor should do). In the last week of my illness, I took echinacea + golden seal combination(Natures' Way is the brand I used and took daily the suggested dosage. I still take it just in case)
I did not take any other supplements.

OP
A

AmyJaneYates

Is it necessary to take it vit A to beat covid? I have had delta covid, in three weeks it was gone. To save the lungs I Inhaled through the nose several times a day for 10 minutes through a peace of cloth that was sprinkled by vodka (any liquor should do). In the last week of my illness, I took echinacea + golden seal combination(Natures' Way is the brand I used and took daily the suggested dosage. I still take it just in case)
I did not take any other supplements.
I’m asking for a family member who eats low A diet so supplements with retinol palmate. She was wondering if she should increase with D.

ArtIt

I’m asking for a family member who eats low A diet so supplements with retinol palmate. She was wondering if she should increase with D.
She can eat half a can of cod liver every day, it has tons of real vitamin A + tons of real vitamin D. After covid I began paying attention to vitamins, and
now I eat almost daily half a can of Icelandic Cod Liver.

ddjd

I thought vitamin D is more important and bearing in mind that vitamin A depletes D, probably safer to focus on keeping vitamin D levels high...