Coupons And Sales

BingDing

Jennifer said:
BingDing said:
Tropical Traditions has a sale on coconut cream concentrate, which becomes coconut cream with a little water and coconut milk with more water. I haven't found any milk or cream with no excipients.
BingDing, I use to get the AROY-D brand. It has no excipients.

The coconut milk ingredients are coconut cream and water:

http://www.amazon.com/AROY-D-100%25-Coc ... conut+milk

The coconut cream is simply coconut cream:

http://www.amazon.com/AROY-D-Coconut-Cr ... conut+milk

Thanks, Jennifer. I googled AROY-D and found a thread on marksdailyapple.

People wondered about how that product was so different than other products, maybe it had emulsifiers they didn't list (an old story, eh?). I swear, I get to the edge of cussing out loud about some of these things and how hard it is to know what's what. Shoot and dagnation, that's what I say!

Jennifer

BingDing said:
Thanks, Jennifer. I googled AROY-D and found a thread on marksdailyapple.

People wondered about how that product was so different than other products, maybe it had emulsifiers they didn't list (an old story, eh?). I swear, I get to the edge of cussing out loud about some of these things and how hard it is to know what's what. Shoot and dagnation, that's what I say!
Oh I know, BingDing. It's so frustrating! I'll try contacting the company and see what they have to say, but just from my experience, I was buying the coconut cream and getting it delivered during the colder months here in New Hampshire. The fat would separate from the liquid portion and formed solid chunks during shipping. It took heating it a bit for the lumps to mix back in with the liquid. With that kind of separation, I would think it's free of emulsifiers? I'll check to make sure, though.

The other coconut milk I was using was the Trader Joes light coconut milk. It only contains coconut milk and water. I would pour the contents into a ball jar and the fat would separate from the water so they were definitely not using emulsifiers. However, I got concerned about the type of water they used in the product since it didn't say filtered so I contacted the company. Apparently, it's municipal water that is used so I stopped buying it and found AROY-D.

Edit- I just took a quick look at the thread on MDA that you linked to and someone was questioning why AROY-D was the only vendor to develop the UHT coconut milk and so they got suspicious that emulsifiers were used. AROY-D isn't the only company using the UHT process. CHAOKOR does too. Here's a link to both brands:

http://importfood.com/naturalcoconutmilk.html

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Two blood test sales for the month:

LEF's annual blood test sale is going on until June 1. It does require a membership for better prices, but you can buy the month-to-month and then cancel.
http://health.lifeextension.com/LandingPages/Blood.aspx

DirectLabs' monthly specials include an option that might be useful to those of us keeping an eye on the ol' liver: it basically works out to buying their CMP-14 and getting their CBC for free:
https://directlabs.com/default.aspx?tabid=2492 (look for the "General Health Panel")

I believe either company lets you hold your requisition for up to 6 months without acting on it, so it can be worth buying a test that's currently on sale even if you don't plan to use it immediately. I'm about to test that theory after procrastinating for 5 months on a blood test :D

OP
Dan W

Dan W

25% off any BlueBrainBoost (a good source of methylene blue and tianeptine) order through midnight tonight with coupon code "OCT31".

OP
Dan W

Dan W

DirectLabs has their hs-CRP test on sale for $32, which is a good price. And a point to the credit of their customer service: they had no problem with me using a year-old requisition, even with them having changed blood draw providers in the meantime.

PureBulk has 15% off of everything for Veteran's Day.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Walk-in-lab.com has a 15% off coupon code of "NYE15%" valid through January 3, and they're already the cheapest source I know of for prolactin testing.

Haidut's posts and podcast sessions have convinced me that prolactin testing is underrated, and I think Walk-in-lab's requisitions are good for 6 months. So I may actually order two and test twice a year. Please stop me if you know of a cheaper provider :)

OP
Dan W

Dan W

DirectLabs is repeating their hs-CRP for $32 sale, along with a cholesterol / triglycerides panel for $19.

And I haven't tried it, but supposedly coupon code "DEAL16" will get you 10% off their non-sale tests. But for the common Peat-ey ones I looked at, there's usually a cheaper competitor available for each, even after the coupon.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

A few useful blood test sales for March. I'm going to grab a vitamin D test from DirectLabs unless anyone's seen a cheaper source:

DirectLabs
(try coupon code "DEAL16" if you include any any non-sale tests in your order, it should give 10% off)
  1. Vitamin D for $44
  2. Magnesium RBC for $39
Walk-In Lab
(they're still the cheapest source I know of for prolactin testing if you want to pair it with their slightly-more-expensive vitamin D test)
  1. Vitamin D for $46.40 after using coupon code "HealthyU20%"

OP
Dan W

Dan W

And I'll repeat my tip about placing multiple blood test orders while they're on sale, given the vitamin D tests above. I found my vitamin D levels were low, so I'm ordering a couple more tests for later followup.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
And I'll repeat my tip about placing multiple blood test orders while they're on sale, given the vitamin D tests above. I found my vitamin D levels were low, so I'm ordering a couple more tests for later followup.
I did the same thing back in the fall. Made me feel like a deadbeat Peatarian to let myself get deficient in D of all things.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Walk-in-lab has 10% off all their tests (except panels and specials) through March 27th with coupon code "Cottontail".

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Life Extension is having a really good blood test sale, and they appear to have done away with their "buy a membership to get the discounts" scheme. So the sale makes them the cheapest source I know of for the following tests:

It seems like the majority of their tests are on sale, including various combinations of thyroid tests, so it's worth searching for anything you've been wanting.

I can't figure out when the sale ends.

OP
Dan W

Dan W

Can't say I'm a fan of them texting the phone number from an order, but Research Liquids is giving 50% off for the next 2 hours with coupon code CINCUENTA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals