Could someone help me "translate" my thyroid lab tests?

luckyss

I went to a tyrologist and the diagnosis was autoimune thyroid disease and "genetic" hypothyroidism, from the ultrasound???

Lab test the doctor did

S-TSH: 1,95 mlU/L *** S-anti-TG: <20 IU/ml *** S-anti-TPO: <10IU/ml

Werent they suppose to do T3 and T4 lab tests also, can you see everything from S-TSH.

OP
L

luckyss

I have all the symptom of hypothyroidism,now what. Diet changed a bit, but not much, maybe I should start some anti-stress activity like meditation.

messtafarian

You got a thyroid screening. Your TSH is normal, and you don't have Graves or Hashimoto's diseases.

You could start by monitoring your temperature and heart rate about three times a day --once at rest when you get up in the morning. If your temp is low in the morning,and your heart is beating slowly then you probably are experiencing a lack of thyroid hormone. if you don't want to supplement thyroid hormone, then you can avoid PUFA and goitrogens and use progesterone, according to Dr. Ray Peat. :)

Mittir

Does your report show reference range?
You wrote "S-anti-TPO: <10 IU/ml" , did you mean to write S-anti-TPO: =10 IU/ml ?
Ultrasound of thyroid can show enlargement of glands or presence of nodules and lumps.
Your TSH is within normal range but not within optimal range, that is below 0.4.
Females are more likely to have autoimmune variation of hypothyroidism.
Ray Peat does not believe in this kind of diagnosis,
He thinks high antibodies results from inflammation of gland.
Prolongs elevation of TSH and estrogen can cause this inflammation.
But there might be other sources too.
Your TSH is not that high, but not optimal either.
Your antibodies are within normal range. You can check your ultrasounds report
and see what it says about the condition of your thyroid.
Check your report again to see if you got everything right.
What do mean by TSH 1,95? Is it 1.95 or something else.

OP
L

luckyss

1,95= how you americans write 1.95.

It say S-amti-TPO<10 AND NOT =10, I dont know.

My report says the thyroid gland has hypoehogenic patches and a little bit of hypoehogenic connective (tissue?) tags.
I dont know even if I had translated it right.

It says that the gland is not enlarged.

local

Your TSH is normal and you don't have antibodies. You did not get a thorough testing however. No T3 or T4 of any kind, no reverse T3 and if you are having symptoms, testing Sex Hormone Binding Globulin would be helpful. It looks they just assumed autoimmune and tested, didn't find it and called it anyway. strange

Mittir

Here is a quote from an article

"Thyroid hypoechogenicity is currently viewed as an early sign of thyroid autoimmunity, which may be present even when the thyroid disorder is not suspected from a clinical point of view (4, 6, 7, 12, 13)."
http://eje-online.org/content/163/1/105.long

Though the study is on morbid people, this article has a good description of Thyroid hypoechogenicity.
Ray Peat thinks high estrogen can cause so called " autoimmune thyroiditis". Following RP's recommendation
should help with all kind of thyroid issues. You can test total T3 for additional information on your thyroid
function. If you can, check for estrogen too.