Could Other 5ar Inhibitors Cause PFS?

TreasureVibe

I think I took a B complex vitamin once, and it had saw palmetto in it apparently.. I hope I don't have PFS. =\

bk_

Could high doses of GHK-Cu (copper peptide that inhibits the 5-alpha reductase enzyme) also cause PFS? See post here:
GHK-Cu reducing DHT • r/Nootropics

I assume you're taking this for balancing minerals? Zinc is also a natural 5ar inhibitor, as are dozens of foods (rice bran, turmeric, wheat, teas, herbs, etc) . You need not be afraid unless you're taking extreme doses to intentionally suppress your DHT for long periods of time. I've never heard of anyone developing PFS from taking minerals or most foods like brown rice, otherwise there would be forums/sites called "solve zinc syndrome" or "solve rice syndrome". I have only seen PFS documented for those who've taken the 5ar drugs (finasteride/dutesteride), Saw Palmetto supplements, and 1 single case claiming to have gotten PFS from taking 4 grams of licorice root a day for an extended period of time to treat adrenal fatigue.

I think I took a B complex vitamin once, and it had saw palmetto in it apparently.. I hope I don't have PFS. =\

It's Russian Roulette and difficult to predict whether you will get the side-effects or not. Everyone is different, some people get PFS from only a few doses of Saw Palmetto extract or drugs while for others it took years (as was my case with Fin). Symptoms typically begin while taking the drug/supplement and become pronounced 2 weeks after quitting so you're fine :).

Saw Palmetto affected men who were mainly using the extract form to treat baldness (stupid mistake) and prostate problems. There was one case I remember of an individual who developed persistent PFS-like symptoms out-of-the-blue and realized that Saw Palmetto extract was an ingredient in his daily multi-vitamin. I contacted the brand company of the vitamin to warn them about the dangers of Saw Palmetto but they didn't respond and continue to include it as an ingredient.

sladerunner69

So what is thought to be the reason of PFS?

Is it the bare 5ar-reductase reduction? If so, I bet anyone swallowed some 5ar-reductase inhibitor at some point of his life. Heck, even MK7 inhibits 5ar-reductase.

Where is the study that mk-7 inhibits it?

The synthetic drugs like finasteride seem to have a much stronger effect on 5-ar suppression. The cases where guys get pfs from saw palmetto seem to me to be not really as severe and debilitating as actual post-fin users, although they are indeed similar.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals