Could milk possibly give me more acne?

TypicalJock

Firstly I will say that I am currently suffering from acne
so I I am going to start drinking milk again(0.5liters per day for now but ill increase later on) know that I am convinced with Ray peat's diet.
But I have seen several people here say that milk gave them acne which kinda put me a bit off.
What exactly could be the theory behind milk giving acne?

pro marker

so I I am going to start drinking milk again(0.5liters per day for now but ill increase later on) know that I am convinced with Ray peat's diet.
But I have seen several people here say that milk gave them acne which kinda put me a bit off.
milk gives me pimples on my nose and eyebrows. so annoying. i still down 2 liters a day though.

victormgc

I used to get acne from milk, but nowadays I feel like it's the other way around, I get pimples if I skip milk for more than two days (I also form kidney stones, but that's another story). I think warming the milk before drinking helps me tolerate it, and so does drinking it with a sweet meal.

keytothecity

Lactose makes it to the lower gut feeding specific bacteria there and some don’t seem to be equipped to digest the milk, probably because of gut microbiome

my 2c on acne is try avoiding heated fats, even saturated

Birdie

I do get acne from milk but taking vitamin A (Retinyl palmitate) mostly fixes that
Same here. And about a month ago I reduced the amount of vitamin A which soon resulted in breakouts on my back.

Birdie

I should say that I'm not sure it is milk that causes my breakouts. But I had reduced my vitamin A about 4 or 5 weeks before they started.

I got the breakouts years ago when I first started following Peat. I think he advised more vitamin A for people who got acne following his protocol. I think he said that the increased metabolism caused breakouts and that increasing metabolism required more vitamin A.

I think he usually says to strive for a 5:1 ratio for vitamin D to vitamin A, but as my metabolism increased I needed more vitamin A as evidenced by the acne.

Hope that helps somebody. Writing and thinking this through here helped me to get my own situation straight.

OP
TypicalJock

TypicalJock

I should say that I'm not sure it is milk that causes my breakouts. But I had reduced my vitamin A about 4 or 5 weeks before they started.

I got the breakouts years ago when I first started following Peat. I think he advised more vitamin A for people who got acne following his protocol. I think he said that the increased metabolism caused breakouts and that increasing metabolism required more vitamin A.

I think he usually says to strive for a 5:1 ratio for vitamin D to vitamin A, but as my metabolism increased I needed more vitamin A as evidenced by the acne.

Hope that helps somebody. Writing and thinking this through here helped me to get my own situation straight.
thank you
ill look into vitamin a

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals