Could Collagen Hydrolysate Cause Low Mood?

Anna12

I have tried several times to add in collagen Hydrolysate and I experience a depression like state where I cry easily and I notice soreness in my wrist. I should also mention that I get the same results with progesterone. Any suggestions?

CoolTweetPete

Glycine (amino acid present in collagen) is GABA-like, so it can be neurologically inhibitory. Many folks on here use it before bed to help with sleep because it can be powerfully sedating. It's possible this is what you experienced and you interpreted it as depression. Maybe try another brand and see if you experience the same negative side effects. Don't know about the soreness in the wrist.

Progesterone can also be sedative IIRC. It certainly is for me.

kiran

Collagen/gelatin has some endotoxin in it, and some people are sensitive to it. I used to be able to tolerate only great lakes red can beef gelatin when I used the stuff.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Some people do not tolerate collagen. It may be irritating your gut or you could have some endotoxin issues.
Collagen/gelatin has some endotoxin in it, and some people are sensitive to it. I used to be able to tolerate only great lakes red can beef gelatin when I used the stuff.
I had the same experience. I know at one time Mittir posted that he didn't tolerate gelatin. Someone mentioned tolerating it better when it's cooked like into jello or gummy candy.

OP
A

Anna12

Thank you all for your thoughts on this question. I will take this into consideration.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals