Could a2 Milk Solve Lactose Intolerance Symptoms For Some?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Could a2 Milk Solve Lactose Intolerance Symptoms For Some?

A new of brand of milk arrives at some California grocery stores this month as its makers pin their market hopes on a controversial theory that one tiny protein may be the culprit behind some people's dairy-induced tummy troubles.

The beverage is called a2 Milk — a direct nod to a single protein, called A2, now fueling scientific debate.

Rest of article at link:

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/diet-fitn ... ry-n339586

jyb

Keep in mind one big confounding factor: in an average grocery store, the milk from A2 cows is less processed and possibly from cows raised differently. That alone can make it the least bad choice for milk if buying at the store, but does not mean it is due to A2 itself.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I hope it pops up in my stores locally, I would surely like to try it.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
jyb said:
Charlie said:
I hope it pops up in my stores locally, I would surely like to try it.

It does taste good and creamy.

Probably the way milk is supposed to taste. Like SS said, black and white cows have only showed up recently.

jyb

Charlie said:
Probably the way milk is supposed to taste. Like SS said, black and white cows have only showed up recently.

To be fair fresh Hollenstein milk tastes good too although less strong in my opinion, it's just commercial milk from the store that's crap.

tara

I'm drinking A2 when I can get it the last few months. Tastes like milk should taste, to me. Haven't been able to be consistent enough with it to tell a health difference.
Just to be picky, it's not about helping with lactose intolerance - lactose is the milk sugar; as you say, A2 is about the protein.
Burtlancast has posted about it in a previous thread.

mbarvian

To be honest, I'm not sure if I genuinely respond negatively to A1 milk or just imagine my symptoms, but I seem to feel a bit off after drinking it (not digestion-wise, just otherwise-wise). I've been getting raw Guernsey milk (apparently A2) from a local farmer for the last two weeks, though, and I've noticed no side effects whatsoever. In fact, I seem to crave that stuff more than anything else in my fridge lately. It's f**ing delicious.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
mbarvian, :welcome

I want to try some A2!! :mrgreen:

The local dairy farmer that sells raw milk has all black and white cows for their milk selling business. Then I saw their personal cow for their personal needs of milking, its a big brown cow. :|

BobbyDukes

They sell A2 milk pretty freely in all the mainstream supermarkets here in the UK. I've tried it, and I honestly didn't notice any difference at all from the A1 types.

Carrum

I'm allergic to A1 milk. I had not had any dairy products for about 20 years when I decided to try powdered A2 milk as that was the only version available to meat the time. None of the symptoms of allergy cropped up (sinusitis, excess phlegm in the throat) but it seemed like I was now lactose intolerant. I put that down to not having any dairy for 20 years. I tried lactase tablets but these didn't help so I gave up with the A2.
A few days ago I found out that the powdered A2 has soy in it. I had never read the ingredients on the pack when I had tried it because I had just assumed it was only milk powder. I'm allergic to soy so maybe some or all of the problem I had with powdered A2 was because of the soy?
We can now get fresh "Lactose free" A2 from our local supermarket so I've just tried some with honey in it. I didn't enjoy it. I was never that fond of milk in the past. I think I'll need to use more honey, sugar or syrup. Maybe I will get a taste for it? That's if this experiment goes ok.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom