Cotton Bag for Breathing

TNT

I don't like bag breathing with a paper bag -- it's so scratchy. Can I bag breathe with a cotton bag? And if so, does it have to be non-porous? And what size should it be? I have no real experience with bag breathing, so I'm not sure what I should be doing with the bag. And does anyone happen to know of a place that sells cotton bags for bag breathing? That would save me the trouble of having to make one.

Havde

I don't like bag breathing with a paper bag -- it's so scratchy. Can I bag breathe with a cotton bag? And if so, does it have to be non-porous? And what size should it be? I have no real experience with bag breathing, so I'm not sure what I should be doing with the bag. And does anyone happen to know of a place that sells cotton bags for bag breathing? That would save me the trouble of having to make one.
I know that this is not really what you asked for but I prefer to simply cover my head with a thick blanket and breathing in it for a few minutes, works great.

OP
T

TNT

I know that this is not really what you asked for but I prefer to simply cover my head with a thick blanket and breathing in it for a few minutes, works great.
How is that different than breathing with a mask?

Superhumaness

curious why you do this? what are the benefits?

a porous shopping bag (woven) is what I use. It works very well and lets you relax and listen to music or podcasts or even talk to people while you do it.

OP
T

TNT

What do you mean by mask? I don't think it's different than breathing in a bag.
By mask, I mean those things they make us wear on our faces so we won't get Covid.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Considering trying organic cotton bags. I have found calming results from paper bag breathing, but the smell is chemical in those.

Ray recently said on an interview with Patrick Timpone, something to the tune of, increasing CO2, as in bag breathing, can acidify the platelets so they can carry serotonin more efficiently to the lungs for detoxing. I sure do suffer from excess serotonin and will be trying this.