Cottage Cheese & Fresh Flax Seed Oil Cures Cancer

Inaut

so is there a difference in terms of supplementing selenium yeast and the standard l-selenomethionine?

Obi-wan

so is there a difference in terms of supplementing selenium yeast and the standard l-selenomethionine?
It’s the same

Travis

Should be the same thing. My guess is that even commercially-pure selenomethionine is biosynthesized by yeast cultured in the presence of selenium, an easier & cheaper method than chemical synthesis. This is of course a form of expropriation, or 'yeast slavery,' but since they don't have extensive nervous systems I think we can forgive the practice.

(If I were a homebrewer I'd add selenium to make carcinostatic beer.)

Amazoniac

larry h

sodium selenite in dosages of 3000-5000 mcg or 3-5 mg per day controls and eliminates cancer in all forms. Seen it work. Cheap too.

kostas

Dairy does have steroid hormones, and flaxseed oil does have linoleic acid. Flaxseed oil is actually synonymous with linseed oil, which—despite its name—has only about 20% of the eponymous linoleic acid (some oils actually have far more). As Ray Peat had alluded to, these are the only precursor to the prostaglandins.* These are lipid hormones, and prostaglandin E₂ has been shown to stimulate cancer cells directly in dozens of studies. It ostensibly does so by transcribing for ornithine decarboxylase, the main enzyme in polyamine biosynthesis. Polyamines are so intertwined with cancer as to have become nearly synonymous with it; these small molecules bind with dNA directly, induce the Z‐dNA configuration, and enhance the rate of replication. Inhibitors of this enzyme are powerful anticancer drugs, selenomethionine being similar. Although Se‐methionine can't be said to be a classic inhibitor, it displaces regular sulfur‐methionine leading to low amounts of polyamines. This is a convincing anticancer drug, and it's actually just an amino acid.

Another amino acid which would act to inhibit cancer is L‐threonine; excessive amounts of this amino acid become methylgloxal, which is a classic tumor‐inhibitor. There's been a few molecular modes of action proposed for this including, but not limit to: occupying glutathione (Thornalley), displacing NADH from glycolytic enzymes (Me), and even acting on transcription factor mSin3A directly (Thornalley). However, the classic ideas of medical doctor and chemist William Koch are probably most relevant: methylglyoxal can disable polyamines directly through forming a Schiff base.

The enzyme glyoxylase I converts methylglyoxal into lactic acid, a known species found in tumors (Warburg, 1956). The activity of this enzyme is commonly found reduced in tumors, meaning less methylgloxal, and the activity of ornithine decarboxylase is very often found increased (more polyamines). Inhibiting glyoxylase I lowers the lactate concentration and increases methylgloxal levels. The most powerful natural inhibitors of glyoxylase I are baicalein, lapachol, and β-lapachone—the latter two found in Pau d'Arco. The polyphenol baicalein also inhibits lipoxygenase, perhaps another reason for its anti‐cancer effects. The enzyme lipoxygenase also produces lipid hormones, cousins of prostaglandins called leukotrienes.

Of all of the alternative cancer diets, the Budwig one seems to be the worst. It is truly bizarre and sounds dangerous to me.

[*] Exception being the 3‐series prostaglandins made from eicosapentaenoic acid; but these do have much lower biological activity.
Hi Travis, Thank you for your posts. I am a little confused with the anticancer properties of selenomethionine. Wikipedia mentions that acts as an antioxidant that reduces ROS and recycles glutathione. But for killing cancers cells we would need higher ROS and decreased glutathione, right? Thank you.

kostas

Thanks Koveras,

Latest PSA went from 185 down to 112. That why the Travis discussions are so interesting
Hi Raphael, Did selenomethionine work for you? I am confused about its antioxidants properties : reducing ROS and recycling glutathione (According to wiki). For cancer killing don't we need increased ROS and gluthathione depletion?

Tiffany

Dairy does have steroid hormones, and flaxseed oil does have linoleic acid. Flaxseed oil is actually synonymous with linseed oil, which—despite its name—has only about 20% of the eponymous linoleic acid (some oils actually have far more). As Ray Peat had alluded to, these are the only precursor to the prostaglandins.* These are lipid hormones, and prostaglandin E₂ has been shown to stimulate cancer cells directly in dozens of studies. I

[*] Exception being the 3‐series prostaglandins made from eicosapentaenoic acid; but these do have much lower biological activity.

Hi Travis. Could you help me find more studies about this? I found the one cited below and would love to read more of the studies that meet with your approval. Thank you =)

Shrestha, Nirajan et al. “Linoleic Acid Increases Prostaglandin E2 Release and Reduces Mitochondrial Respiration and Cell Viability in Human Trophoblast-Like Cells.” Cellular physiology and biochemistry : international journal of experimental cellular physiology, biochemistry, and pharmacology vol. 52,1 (2019): 94-108. doi:10.33594/000000007

Mossy

Hi Travis. Could you help me find more studies about this? I found the one cited below and would love to read more of the studies that meet with your approval. Thank you =)

Shrestha, Nirajan et al. “Linoleic Acid Increases Prostaglandin E2 Release and Reduces Mitochondrial Respiration and Cell Viability in Human Trophoblast-Like Cells.” Cellular physiology and biochemistry : international journal of experimental cellular physiology, biochemistry, and pharmacology vol. 52,1 (2019): 94-108. doi:10.33594/000000007
Hi Tiffany,

Travis is no longer with us, but his immense knowledge is by way of many of his posts on this forum. There are several threads dedicated to Travis, such as this one. You still may be able to search out keywords and subjects, filtering with Travis' name.

Last edited: