Cottage Cheese And Lactose

Logan-

Does the curdling (with vinegar) process reduce lactose? If so how much reduction happens? I am lactose intolerant and I am going to make cheese at home, like this:

I actually let my friend walk me through it on the phone because she makes that stuff every couple days. Its really simple. Once you make it one time its a breeze, so don't sweat it.

I purchased raw milk and sucked the cream off the top with a turkey baster.

Put the milk in pot. Turn on the heat but dont turn it up super high so the milk doesnt burn. I think the slower you can bring it to a boil the better. Right before it starts to boil, take your vinegar and pour it in. Pour in like a tablespoon and start stirring the milk. Wait to see if it starts to curdle, if it doesnt, pour in some more, its not exact science so dont sweat it. When it starts to separate you can stop pouring the vinegar in. Let the milk get to a very light boil. Once you see the water starts to get pretty clear(not totally clear but it looks a lot clearer then usual milk) around the cheese, then turn it off and let it cool. I didnt let it get to a heavy boil, only a slight boil. Then, I use a double layer cheese cloth and then strain the cheese out. Once all your cheese is in the cloth, I make the cheese and cloth into a big ball and squeeze all the whey out as much as possible. Chill, add salt, coconut oil if you want, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions.

How much lactose will be reduced, how much lactose will stay in the cheese (the hard curd)?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals