Cosmic Clink Or Coincidence? [Brain Zappy Feelings]

Diokine

I've noticed something fairly strange, and I wanted to post my thoughts here to see if anybody had any insight or comments.

So occasionally I'll get these brain zappy feelings, similar to the tingles you get when listening to really good music, but with a lot more anxiety. It is usually associated with a transient increase in adrenaline and heart rate. The strange thing is I'll usually notice an audible click or clink sound coinciding with the start of the zap. I originally thought the sound was in my head, but I've realized now that it's actually something around me making a noise. It's the same kind of sound you might hear around your house, things settling from thermal contraction/expansion, etc. Things with large metal panels (ovens, furnace panels, etc.,) tend to make the noise most often. We've all heard these sounds before, but when I associated them with the feelings in my head, I got to thinking.

I wondered if this is possibly an effect from high energy cosmic rays or another kind of electro-magnetic phenomena. The spatial distribution of the electromagnetic field densities in an event like this could explain the sound I hear (induced current and Lorentz contraction in a conductor.)

Or it might just be a coincidence :D

Regina

I've noticed something fairly strange, and I wanted to post my thoughts here to see if anybody had any insight or comments.

So occasionally I'll get these brain zappy feelings, similar to the tingles you get when listening to really good music, but with a lot more anxiety. It is usually associated with a transient increase in adrenaline and heart rate. The strange thing is I'll usually notice an audible click or clink sound coinciding with the start of the zap. I originally thought the sound was in my head, but I've realized now that it's actually something around me making a noise. It's the same kind of sound you might hear around your house, things settling from thermal contraction/expansion, etc. Things with large metal panels (ovens, furnace panels, etc.,) tend to make the noise most often. We've all heard these sounds before, but when I associated them with the feelings in my head, I got to thinking.

I wondered if this is possibly an effect from high energy cosmic rays or another kind of electro-magnetic phenomena. The spatial distribution of the electromagnetic field densities in an event like this could explain the sound I hear (induced current and Lorentz contraction in a conductor.)

Or it might just be a coincidence :D
No idea what that is Diokine, but it happened to me once too. It was during a particularly good zazen (meditation) session. My shoulders were dropped, very heavy (which is rare for me) and my head had no thought (empty like The Heart Sutra) and something deep in the left side of my head seemed to drop and it made a weird audible click. I noted that two people across from me looked up. One of which is a highly seasoned zen practitioner and not easily disturbed. He asked me afterwards 'what was that?' I said I didn't know but that it felt damn fkin' good. :):

Regina

bump, I would like to hear more!
I really don't know Conhnore. I have done a lot of zazen and just blah blah blahhed along when the group "chanted" The Heart Sutra. But I decided to finally translate it. And then read a book called The Heart Attack Sutra by Karl Brunnholzl. It might be a kind of Heart Sutra For Dummies. At any rate, it changed the game for me. I got it. It cinched the deal for me. I made some kind of fundamental switch. They talk about a Gateless Gate. I stepped across it. For me, it was a gateless gate of fear into No fear. Since that switch, my zazen and aikido are completely different.

Mountain

Sounds like what happens to me sometimes. This happens most when I try to imagine what the inside of peoples houses look like when I'm walking past. I've tried to describe the sensation that I have to a few close people and the best I can do is 'it feels like the back of my head falls out'.

Your experience sounds like the same sensation I get when I wake up with a jolt after nodding off. Often feels like a whoosh with a click/pop sound.

Lilac

Perhaps this is somewhat on the same topic: I was late in listening to one of the long On the Back of the Tiger interviews with Ray. In it, Ray talked about a period in his life when he dreamed premonitions that came true soon after. Ray suggested reading works by Adrija Puharich, who wrote about Yuri Geller and mushrooms, etc.

Regina

Perhaps this is somewhat on the same topic: I was late in listening to one of the long On the Back of the Tiger interviews with Ray. In it, Ray talked about a period in his life when he dreamed premonitions that came true soon after. Ray suggested reading works by Adrija Puharich, who wrote about Yuri Geller and mushrooms, etc.
The Sacred Mushroom book looks like a hoot. I think I will read it. Thx for the tip.

OP
Diokine

Diokine

I read something in Carl Jung's "Memories, dreams, and reflections" that reminded me of some of the thoughts I had been exploring regarding this phenomenon, and I wanted to post them here. The setting is an office of Sigmund Freud's, in Vienna, 1909.

While Freud was going on this way, I had a curious sensation. It was as if my diaphragm were made of iron and becoming red-hot -- a glowing vault. And at that moment there was such a loud report in the bookcase, which stood right next to us, that we both started up in alarm, fearing the thing was going to topple over on us. I said to Freud: "There is an example of a so-called catalytic exteriorization phenomenon." "Oh come," he exclaimed. "That is sheer bosh." "It is not," I replied. "You are mistaken, Herr Professor. And to prove my point I now predict that in a moment there will be another such loud report!" Sure enough, no sooner had I said the words than the same detonation went off in the bookcase.

I had been thinking about this phenomenon after having noticed it several more times, and this phrase, catalytic exteriorization phenomenon, was very convenient. I had begun to think that what if instead of some exterior event causing the physical feelings, it was the change in physiology itself that was the determinant event. This lead to thoughts about the change in electrical potential or voltage about the body, in response to a significant shift in nervous energy mediated by the autonomic nervous system. Then I began to think about the synchronous aspects of these events, and decided that the determinant was maybe not as important as I had thought.

The idea of resonance is what I began to focus on, as an instrument to a catalytic event precipitated by subtle changes in the electrical fields generating one and their environment. I think now there is a sort of "kink," or some degree of hysteresis in the cycles manifesting your immediate reality. As our nervous systems and entire condition of cognition, operate on some degree of electrical harmonic resonance, it was not a great leap of imagination to consider resonance with matter as a possibility. So imagine the distribution of energy in a bookcase, which can be thought of in complex mathematical constructs that describe potentials of probability with respect to time, and imagine the induction of similar potentials in a separate system. This synchronicity or resonance, itself creates a reinforcing structure and flow of energy, which can lead to large differences in potential across a continuous system. This large difference in potential creates tension, and if the conditions are right the tension can build to such a degree as to manifest physically.

We are playing the cosmos, and the cosmos is playing us.

L

lollipop

I read something in Carl Jung's "Memories, dreams, and reflections" that reminded me of some of the thoughts I had been exploring regarding this phenomenon, and I wanted to post them here. The setting is an office of Sigmund Freud's, in Vienna, 1909.

I had been thinking about this phenomenon after having noticed it several more times, and this phrase, catalytic exteriorization phenomenon, was very convenient. I had begun to think that what if instead of some exterior event causing the physical feelings, it was the change in physiology itself that was the determinant event. This lead to thoughts about the change in electrical potential or voltage about the body, in response to a significant shift in nervous energy mediated by the autonomic nervous system. Then I began to think about the synchronous aspects of these events, and decided that the determinant was maybe not as important as I had thought.

The idea of resonance is what I began to focus on, as an instrument to a catalytic event precipitated by subtle changes in the electrical fields generating one and their environment. I think now there is a sort of "kink," or some degree of hysteresis in the cycles manifesting your immediate reality. As our nervous systems and entire condition of cognition, operate on some degree of electrical harmonic resonance, it was not a great leap of imagination to consider resonance with matter as a possibility. So imagine the distribution of energy in a bookcase, which can be thought of in complex mathematical constructs that describe potentials of probability with respect to time, and imagine the induction of similar potentials in a separate system. This synchronicity or resonance, itself creates a reinforcing structure and flow of energy, which can lead to large differences in potential across a continuous system. This large difference in potential creates tension, and if the conditions are right the tension can build to such a degree as to manifest physically.

Good post.

Regina

+1
Love it!!

Energizer

:bump2

@Regina did you end up reading it?

Curious about this. I think there was a livestream where Haidut asked Ray about this but I can't remember the exact question. If I recall properly he was asking about people's brains tuning into the same 'channel'. I wish I could remember which livestream this was.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom